Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle joins IRON MAN 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree though that they should've at least gone with someone who bares some resemblance to Howard.

Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Jamie Foxx (my preference) would've both been better in that regard.

Tony isn't that built in the comics, either. The concerns shouldn't be so much about whether he resembles Howard as they should be whether he resembles Rhodes. That's where my concern begins- to me, Cheadle doesn't look much like Rhodes, whereas I always felt Robert Downey was pretty much born for his role..

I don't get when people say this. No one "looks" like the characters. What is Rhodes supposed to look like? Obviously it wouldn't make sense to go with a kid or an old man (Morgan Freeman, for example) or a fat dude. Neither of them "look" like Rhodey other than being age appropriate black men.

I have to agree though that they should've at least gone with someone who bares some resemblance to Howard.

Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Jamie Foxx (my preference) would've both been better in that regard.

Neither of those guys looks like Howard. Foxx:huh:

Cuba Gooding Jr. is a great suggestion. Michael Jai White is another. Oh well, I hope Cheadle nails the part.

I thought Howard fit the role physically better.

Cheadle is a better actor ... but seeing him in this would be weird. Too bad.

I don't get when people say this. No one "looks" like the characters.

Obviously, Marvel Studios doesn't agree with you, as they feel about the same way.

What is Rhodes supposed to look like? Obviously it wouldn't make sense to go with a kid or an old man (Morgan Freeman, for example) or a fat dude. Neither of them "look" like Rhodey other than being age appropriate black men.

Howard was closer to it than Cheadle, or at least Cheadle as we know him at the moment. I'm not saying he was the perfect fit. I'm saying that I could sort of see why, as far as acting ability and appearance, that they went with him. It's not like I'd want that to be the only criteria, either- Michael Jai White has the look down, but his acting has always been iffy to me. I'm not as enthused as others by Cheadle in the acting department and it's a bit of an odd take. That's cause for concern.

Yea, Not a big fan of Howard...Except for DeeJ-which was his greatest part...I love that movie.

Cheadle will bring depth to the role. I didn't even consider him for the first one, I wanted Bill Duke!!!! Which is odd cause there are only like 5 black actors currently working...3 of them are doctors on T.V....a couple more are too old...the last are too young and since there arn't...well.

The biggest change will be HE'S DARK THIS TIME- thank gawd for small miracles. Sure he ain't got the size of Rhodes, but that doesn't even matter- WTF who cares, he might put on a couple.

another point worth mentioning is that HE'S DARK, glad these brothas can still get work in fantasy land.

Cuba Gooding Jr. is a great suggestion.

Cuba Gooding Jr. is a horrible suggestion. If the need were to arise for a breakdancing Rhodey, then sure. Omar Gooding would work never Cuba

...just occured to me- how many fools played BATMEN??

Last edited:
^Yeah--the only thing that bothered me about Howard was his voice, not a big deal.

actually, I think, his voice could of been a big deal, especially if he were to suit up as War Machine, in the suit, he would be relying heavily on his voice to convey his presence

Note to moderators: Please merge this with the main Cheadle/Howard thread.

They don't agree with me but they cast two actors who look nothing alike for the role?:hehe: Okay.

You know we all look alike, man. Rihanna could play Ossie Davis and people wouldn't flinch.

Cuba Gooding Jr. is a horrible suggestion. If the need were to arise for a breakdancing Rhodey, then sure. Omar Gooding would work never Cuba
No he's not. He still has chops under the right direction.

Not too fond of this recast. Don Cheadle is a good actor and all, but I don't think he's right for this part ... At all.

Sorry, but I just can't see it.

I still don't know what to think of this really. What's with all the complaints about Howard's voice?

You liked Howard's voice? It sounded unnaturally high to be honest.

I just dont understand all the posters in this thread that think "oh just throw Howard all the money he wants." First of all, you have no business sense. Second of all, you're overlooking what a pompous twit he was in interviews.

The sucker thought he could negotiate up...and he lost that game of chicken. Continuity is only semi-important in my book. Sure it's nice to have, but it's not going to ruin immersion for most people.

As for the "you can't look like the superhero character"...that's just nuts. Of course some actors fulfill the look of a character better than others. And I'd say that's something the studio should try and do. But if it's not too jarring / outlandish I'd rather have a GREAT actor like Cheadle who doesnt quite look like Rhodey (taller, more muscular, more jockish) who can bring the acting chops to make the film incredible. :bh:

As for the "you can't look like the superhero character"...that's just nuts.

Nothing "nuts" about it. The characters in the comics are drawings. No real person looks just like the drawings. Hell, different artists draw the characters in different ways. RDJ is not the only person on earth who could have portrayed Stark. Howard is not the only guy (heh, obviously) who could play Rhodey.

why is there a poll in my thread..? :huh:

howard should be brought back into the marvel fold to do something else.. White Tiger, maybe...

howard should be brought back into the marvel fold to do something else.. White Tiger, maybe...

Besides that being potentially confusing; I doubt either party are on each others Xmas lists right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"