Doom Patrol Doom Patrol - Season 1 Discussion

The story in the comic that episode 9 was based on takes place in issue 30 of Doom Patrol ( Grant Morrison, 1990 ). And also like how the show which leaves Jane comatose at the end of epi. 8, Jane is left comatose at the end of issue 29, how we get to that point is completely different but I love that it's set up the same. I don't get how people are liking Jane less and less. I mean you can tell than she is angry and hurt and is pushing people away before they hurt her and putting up walls to keep them out instead of being a character the show wants you to like even though they're a horrible person.

I agree about epi. 9/ this story being to short. This story should/could have been a two parter.

I like Jane but not her personalities such as hammerhead. I am getting sicker and tired of her treating people like crap in every new episode and especially cliff though. I get why she's like but still. She had a great little moment with Cliff then it was ruined by her sarcasm

However, I believe and hope she appreciates Cliff now after what he did for her at the well. She gave him a little friendly smile on the train and they walked back peacefully to the surface. She even looked concerned after she came back to her body and looked around for cliff

This episode made me care about Jane for the first time, tbh.
I cared enough before but her constant personality changes made it difficult to get attached to her. This episode made me truly invested in Jane. I just hope her interactiions with the team are less abrasive now that she’s had some form of catharsis.

If you know anyone who was/is a victim of abuse and suffers from PTSD because of it, Jane becomes a much more relatable character. She's amazing!

I need more of the Underground! The last two epsisodes have been so good!! I think they're my favorite ones so far, mostly because I love Larry and Jane!

Also Diane Guerrero deserves an emmy for the performance she's putting on in this show! It's incredible!

Yeah Diane Gurerro really killed it in this weeks episode. I loved how they peeled back so many layers to her character and made her truly sympathetic. Also, Brendan Fraiser had some great moments in this episode too. That whole I'm not a man bit hit me pretty hard.

Episode 9 was just damn fantastic! So next episode will explain what happened with Victor and Rita. I thought they had sex... :o

Based on comments I’ve read elsewhere in regards to this episode, some people had a really big problem with all the drag queen stuff. It isn’t as accepted as we might believe.
I very much liked the episode especially the musical part.

Diane Guerrero and the show itself deserves emmys but yeah, Brendan Fraser still got it! That makes me happy as a long time fan of his

Everyone does an amazing job though. The show is funny, whacky and weird but still has lots of heart. Plenty of good drama with feels

This episode made me care about Jane for the first time, tbh.
FC, what do you think of the show so far? I am thinking about getting the service for a bit to finish Titans and watch this? Worth it?

FC, what do you think of the show so far? I am thinking about getting the service for a bit to finish Titans and watch this? Worth it?
I really like it. It’s definitely way, WAY better than Titans at least. At the beginning, I felt like it was almost trying too hard to be weird and quirky but now it’s in a good groove, imo. That said, I don’t think ANY service is worth paying $8 a month for just two shows, so whether I’d say it’s worth it depends on how you feel about all the other stuff offered, like the old shows, movies and comics. Now that they’re adding their entire digital comics library, it’s beyond worth it to me as that’s what I’ve been wanting from DC for years, and the shows are really just the icing on top. I’ve only had it for a week but it’s pretty much heaven for me. So basically I’d say, if you’re ONLY in it for the original shows, you might wanna wait til they at least have more of those to offer, but if you’re interested in the other stuff too, it’s very much worth it, imo.

Totally worth it! Also, FC, you can't forget Young Justice season 3!

Totally worth it! Also, FC, you can't forget Young Justice season 3!
Yeah I'm just not as into YJ (or any new animated shows) as I used to be. :(

Now if they brought back the Green Lantern animated series, that might be another story...

Absolutely loved this episode. Jane is my favorite and I agree with everyone that Diane is amazing in this, she really surprised me with how good she is, most of the characters she has played before have been fairly tame so this role just blows me away.

The Underground was so interesting, I wanted to see more. I also loved how Diane did not play all the personalities and that was addressed. I found that very fascinating and want to know more about that. I'd love more information about Miranda and what happened to her.

I don't know what's going on with DC streaming, but they better not cancel this show... while all the CW shows, which I enjoy but are nowhere near as good as Doom Patrol, have multiple seasons...

The fact that they've stopped production on Swamp Thing really scares me. What does this mean for Titans or Stargirl or a second season of Doom Patrol? Honestly this is very disheartening to me. I didn't expect DC Universe to be the next Netflix, but I figured it could hold it's own for a bit, but if they're already halting production and trying to cut their loses, that's definitely not a good sign.

The fact that they've stopped production on Swamp Thing really scares me. What does this mean for Titans or Stargirl or a second season of Doom Patrol? Honestly this is very disheartening to me. I didn't expect DC Universe to be the next Netflix, but I figured it could hold it's own for a bit, but if they're already halting production and trying to cut their loses, that's definitely not a good sign.

Don't worry:

/Film has exclusively learned that the potential issues with Swamp Thing‘s production do not reflect the health of the DC Universe service. Reports from various outlets suggested that the future of DC Universe was in doubt amid the early production wrap for its latest original series. However /Film confirmed with sources close to the studio that those two topics are unrelated to each other.

I like Jane but not her personalities such as hammerhead. I am getting sicker and tired of her treating people like crap in every new episode and especially cliff though. I get why she's like but still. She had a great little moment with Cliff then it was ruined by her sarcasm

However, I believe and hope she appreciates Cliff now after what he did for her at the well. She gave him a little friendly smile on the train and they walked back peacefully to the surface. She even looked concerned after she came back to her body and looked around for cliff

Yeah, I think using Hammerhead as her seeming default was a mistake. And more generally. . . 9 was not a bad episode, but I think it was too early, and improperly positioned. In the comics, Crazy Jane's descent into the Underground was triggered by some truly extreme trauma related to contemporary events. Here, it seemed a lot more. . . formless and vague.

And not to beat a dead horse, but. . . The Mandalorian has only just been officially announced. Why, exactly, does it get a forum of its own, while Doom Patrol, a show halfway through its first season, still doesn't?

This week we got a pleasantly surprised Chief heavy episode. Good stuff!

Episode 10 was an interesting and weird one. That ending threw me off completely and I can’t wait to find out what this all means.

Yeah this episode was weird as hell, but really interesting at the same time and I loved how much it focused on The Chief. The guy who played the beard hunter killed it IMO, and I hope we see more of him down the line. Such a strange super power, especially for a villain lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"