Iron Man 3 Downey's last?

I don't want Colin Farrel anywhere near Iron Man honestly. I feel like they would be better off finding a new or unknown actor.

Sometimes I still wish that had their planning and schedule gone better, that they could have released "Iron Man 2" after "The Avengers" so that we wouldn't have one character ahead in the solo film department and thus being able to better spread their appearances more evenly.

Heck, IM3 is turning out to be so much more better than Iron Man 2 from what we've seen and heard already, that it's a shame that THIS wasn't Iron Man 2 instead, especially if things had been done as mentioned above.lol

There's three reasons RDJ bill be Iron Man for a long, long time...

1. Marvel is going to THROW money at him. He is the face of the MCU, and Marvel knows it.

2. Downey probably feels a certain debt of gratitude towards Marvel for reviving his career. They gave him a chance when a lot of people wouldn't.

3. He genuinely loves playing the character and has stated so on many occasions, even going so far as to say that he will be Iron Man until his body will not allow him to do so anymore.

I don't think he's going anywhere any time soon. I imagine he'll be Tony Stark for at least 5 or 6 movies AFTER Iron Man 3, including cameo appearances.

Yeah but the same three statements exist for Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow and I kind of wish they hadn't milked that so much. In the first he was so inventive and full of energy but by the fourth he sort of ended on a low note.

I wouldn't want the same happening to RDJ or Iron Man.

As I've said before I wouldn't mind seeing Richard Coyle play Iron Man. He's unknown but quite accomplished, a good actor, he's energetic, inventive and funny and he could easily play the dual natures of genius and bastard.

Totally agree, he could do the cocky thing very well.

He'd come off as a *****e bag though. RDJ is probably the only actor who can get away with how he acts and still have the audience route for him. Besides i think ferrell has spent the last decade trying to convince people he's not some vacant *****e bag so i don't see him wanting to go back.

Farrell doesn't have the same energy that RDJ has. I never really saw him in anything that was GREAT. Its funny how he is replacing Arnold in Total Recall.

Colin is alright as a d-bag but I can't really see him playing the hero part well.

That's what worked so well with RDJ. His ability to wander between the two.

Sometimes I still wish that had their planning and schedule gone better, that they could have released "Iron Man 2" after "The Avengers" so that we wouldn't have one character ahead in the solo film department and thus being able to better spread their appearances more evenly.

Heck, IM3 is turning out to be so much more better than Iron Man 2 from what we've seen and heard already, that it's a shame that THIS wasn't Iron Man 2 instead, especially if things had been done as mentioned above.lol

1) Iron Man was the most successful of the phase I solo films, and since Marvel Studios is a business they made IM2. Simples.

I agree it's slightly annoying IM is one film ahead of Cap and Thor, and I hope IM3 is RDJ's last solo IM film (until post phase III, if they wanna do an old IM film) and that Cap and Thor get third solo films in phase III to even it out.

2) To say IM3 is turning out so much better than IM2, when it has barely even been shooting for a month is folly indeed. You cannot judge a film until you have seen it. Just because it sounds better on paper doesn't mean it will be.

1) Iron Man was the most successful of the phase I solo films, and since Marvel Studios is a business they made IM2. Simples.

I agree it's slightly annoying IM is one film ahead of Cap and Thor, and I hope IM3 is RDJ's last solo IM film (until post phase III, if they wanna do an old IM film) and that Cap and Thor get third solo films in phase III to even it out.

2) To say IM3 is turning out so much better than IM2, when it has barely even been shooting for a month is folly indeed. You cannot judge a film until you have seen it. Just because it sounds better on paper doesn't mean it will be.

I agree. IM2 looked good even in the trailer stage, and people thought it was going to be awesome. I'd wait until seeing the movie to judge how good IM3 is. It could turn out to be another Spider-Man 3 or it could turn out to be the Goldfinger of the franchise.

Farrell doesn't have the same energy that RDJ has. I never really saw him in anything that was GREAT. Its funny how he is replacing Arnold in Total Recall.

Give him a chance. A lot of actors can surprise you with energetic performances.

Downey is contracted to appear in 5 movies isn't he? Because I just remembered, in this:

http://m.superherohype.com/features/articles/96459-robert-downey-jr-is-iron-man

Interview, he described his scene in The Incredible Hulk as a favour. So, if that means he wasn't contractually obliged, Stark will definitely be played by Downey in Avengers 2.

IM3 is the last film on his contract...which is why Feige has been talking about IM plans with or without RDJ

You know who would be an interesting choice for Iron Man? Joaquin Phoenix. Sure, he wouldn't have RDJ's cartoonishness but he would no doubt make Tony Stark an even more interesting character.

joaquin phoenix is an interesting suggestion.

I'm thinking after Iron Man 3 comes out Marvel will give Robert Downey a healthy portion of the back-end for Avengers 2 and 3 and then he'll be finished. At a certain point it just seems better to make the big characters (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hulk) exclusive to The Avengers to give it more of an "EVENT" feel.

How many movies do you want them to make? I think after all the Avengers have had solo movies and a Event trilogy, I will be sick of them. And hope that Marvel doesn't become National Lampoons. I would hope that Marvel would go be smarter and pick their spots down the road. I would hope that they would develope other properties.

Collin Farrel's best role was as *****ebag boss Bobby Pellet in Horrible Bosses

If you're looking for an actor who has the "same energy" as Downey, you'll be looking for quite a long time.

And I think it's important that whoever they do pick isn't just trying to mimic RDJ's performance, that would be horrible. They should bring their own thing to the character.

Oh yeah, don't just get someone to play RDJ playing Iron Man. That would be dreadful and would end up like Routh's Superman.

I predict that Downey will be back for Avengers 2. After that I'm not as certain. But I definitely think that after the critical and popular hit that Avengers was, he'll be back for another round of that, in addition to Iron Man 3.

I may or may not sob silently to myself whenever RDJ has to leave the role.

Iron Man will never ever be the same afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"