Iron Man 3 Downey's last?

So, anyone have any guesses on when we can expect Marvel to make an official statement regarding on whether we'll see RDJ as Stark post Iron Man 3?

So, anyone have any guesses on when we can expect Marvel to make an official statement regarding on whether we'll see RDJ as Stark post Iron Man 3?

After IM3 opens, probably.

I just hope that they have good news for us. Out of all of the mistakes that they could possibly make, losing RDJ would be one of them. Just have him come back for the next two Avenger films. It'd be incredibly stupid to start Phase 2 with RDJ as Tony and end it with someone else as Tony.

It will be a sad day to see RDJ leaves the Marvel Cinematic Universe but I am hoping he will stick around for Avengers 2 at least. It would be nice if he stayed for Avengers 2 and 3 but who knows the way he is talking it seems that Iron Man 3 might be his last outing ( which I hope isn't the case). Plus Marvel is very cost efficient RDJ's getting like 50 million for these movies now. Marvel dosen't want to pay that much. So it's a wait and see thing now.

It will be a sad day to see RDJ leaves the Marvel Cinematic Universe but I am hoping he will stick around for Avengers 2 at least. It would be nice if he stayed for Avengers 2 and 3 but who knows the way he is talking it seems that Iron Man 3 might be his last outing ( which I hope isn't the case). Plus Marvel is very cost efficient RDJ's getting like 50 million for these movies now. Marvel dosen't want to pay that much. So it's a wait and see thing now.

In the Empire interview, Kevin Feige said that RDJ will be appearing in The Avengers 2, with Downey right there in the room. So we know he'll be in that movie, at least. MarvelFreshman posted the scan of the article in the News thread. You should read it to get the details (as much as they let on).

I think it would be obvious he'll be in Avengers 2, and maybe Avengers 3 but I think this will be his last solo Iron Man movie.

With Disney's backing, RDJ is going to be in the same position as Johnny Depp over there. He's going to get seriously PAID just to be the face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

He may not do anymore solo films but he'll show up in cameos/supporting parts in the rest of the universe and he'll be the highest paid actor of them all.

Bank on it.

In the Empire interview, Kevin Feige said that RDJ will be appearing in The Avengers 2, with Downey right there in the room. So we know he'll be in that movie, at least. MarvelFreshman posted the scan of the article in the News thread. You should read it to get the details (as much as they let on).

Didn't know that. Thanks for posting

I think Disney pays out the wazoo to get a new deal for RDJ since he's the big draw. You are right, he is basically the Johnny Depp of this franchise.

I think the deal for him will be maybe be 2-3 movies. Maybe not Iron Man 4 but Avengers 3 and I dunno why not a team-up movie?

I still think Tom Cruise would have made for a better Stark/Iron Man, but I'm not sure he would have stuck with it for the long run like RDJ has. So I have to give RDJ credit for that. He seems sincerely invested and interested in the character.

Mission impossible is the equivalent of the Iron Man movies.

Counting the Avengers both are tied. 4 for 4

Iron Man 1-3 and avengers

Mission impossible 1-4

Kevin Feige has suggested Stark be replaced like James Bond actors

No reboot. After all this universe building why start from square 1?

If 15 years down the line a reboot is going forward then I could see a younger Tony Stark.

-Age 21. Seriously if RDJ was 15 years younger we could have more movies with him. Since he's now 47 the chances are slimmer.

- A better version of the ultimate story. No blue baby Stark. Maybe keep the controlling father.

As for who could replace Downey Jr

Charlie Sheen

With some nod to Sheen in the movie.

*Reporter trying to ask a question to Stark*

Reporter- Is it true that you had plastic surgery?"

And this Iron Man poster in the background with "WINNING" at the bottom

scaled.php

They'd better not recast Stark. If Robert can't do it any more kill off Tony in Avengers. Have someone else wear the armour. The next time another actor plays Tony Stark should be when they reboot the ENTIRE MCU. Which shouldn't happen for a LONG time. Marvel has many other characters they can use. If someone else dons the Iron Man armour, I'm fine with that, but don't call him Tony Stark. I still can't get over Cheadle as Rhodey, I think someone else as Tony would be the last straw. I hate recasting. Stop mixing and matching actors. If you're going to replace actors, go big or go home. Recasting is the laziest thing ever. I can think of plenty of ways they can lose Tony Stark but keep the armour.

Ohhhhhh, hahahaha. For a moment there, I thought you were being serious about the Charlie Sheen thing, Silly me.

And I hate hate hate recasts. It's definitely something I'll just have to deal with as they move forward with the MCU, unfortunately. No idea who should replace RDJ.

Looking years (a decade?) into the future, it would be prudent to go down Nolan's Bruce Wayne/John 'Robin' Blake route.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the love of all that is good and decent in the world please no.

John Blake is the worst.

The worst thing that could possibly happen to a movie in my eyes is for a character to get recast. That just annihilates continuity and REALLY takes you out if it. If it were up to me Terrence Howard would be in the War Machine suit and Don Cheadle could have some other role.

As far as I'm concerned Cheadles Rhodey and Howards Rhodey are two entirely different characters. Thats why it pisses me off in Iron Man 2 when this guy that Tony hardly knows comes in and steals his suit to give to the government.

Good thing it isn't up to you then.:yay:

:doh:
I don't even know how to respond to that. Are you "anti-continuity" or something? How could you be against consistency? And if your a Don Cheadle fan why would you be against him getting another role in the MCU? I honestly don't understand what would possess you to say something like that.

Didn't know that. Thanks for posting

He said Stark will be in avengers 2, he didn't say RDJ, but it's safe to assume

I really hope they don't recast Tony Stark. Have another character take Tony's place in the Avengers. I don't want to see Colin Farrell or something walk out and be like "Hey guys, its me, Tony Stark!" and have everyone squint their eyes and pretend its Robert Downey Jr.

Have Pym be the scientist on the team and have Star Lord become the badass guy who flies around in a jet pack looking awesome. Maybe have Tony Stark give the Guardians his technology or something and incorporating his suit into Star Lords. Anything but a recast.

:doh:
I don't even know how to respond to that. Are you "anti-continuity" or something? How could you be against consistency? And if your a Don Cheadle fan why would you be against him getting another role in the MCU? I honestly don't understand what would possess you to say something like that.

changing it again would be even worse. Howard in 1. Cheadle in 2. Then Howard in 3? wha?

Nothing he is saying is anti-continuity. Clearly he just thinks Cheadle is better in the role. As do I. Howard didn't like it that much. We don't want an actor who doesn't like the role. If Howard was in multiple movies, sure, but he wasn't. His recast wasn't a big deal.

Also, don't take what he said so personally. It wasn't a dig at you. He light heartedly disagreed with you, and the brick wall went up lol

I thought Terrence Howard was way better. Don Cheadle has no chemistry with any of the other actors, he does not seem like the type of person who would be friends with Tony Stark at all, whereas Terrence Howard and RBJ seemed like they were really friends in the first Iron Man.

And I'm not saying they should change him back to Howard(although the damage has already been done, continuity is out the window when it comes to Rhodey, so they could change him back to Terrence Howard or they could recast him as Betty White and I wouldn't care), I'm saying that they should have kept him. Or they should have at least gave him an ultimatum. He found out he was recast on the internet, Marvel should have said "Take this amount of money or we'll be forced to recast you." That way it would have been his choice to leave the role or not.

They'd better not recast Stark. If Robert can't do it any more kill off Tony in Avengers. Have someone else wear the armour. The next time another actor plays Tony Stark should be when they reboot the ENTIRE MCU. Which shouldn't happen for a LONG time. Marvel has many other characters they can use. If someone else dons the Iron Man armour, I'm fine with that, but don't call him Tony Stark. I still can't get over Cheadle as Rhodey, I think someone else as Tony would be the last straw. I hate recasting. Stop mixing and matching actors. If you're going to replace actors, go big or go home. Recasting is the laziest thing ever. I can think of plenty of ways they can lose Tony Stark but keep the armour.

Wow, sorry but this is a horrible idea. Kill off Tony? No thanks. If icons like Batman, Superman and Spider-Man can be replaced, then so can Iron Man. As great as RDJ is, he is not bigger than the character.

Yeah I really didn't like Howard, I think Cheadle did a much better job.

As for an IM4, if IM3 can hit a billion (which I think it can) then I definitely think there'll he a sequel with RDJ returning

Why did you respond twice? Are you waiting for me to respond?

If they reboot the entire MCU, I'm okay with someone else playing Tony Stark. But at its current state? No, I don't want to see everyone in the movie just conveniently forget what Tony Stark looked like in the last movie and carry on like nothing happened. Kill him off or have him "retire" from the Avengers if Downey doesn't want to do it any more. I don't want to see someone doing a Robert Downey Jr. impression and telling everyone to squint their eyes and just go with it. I don't him to magically get 10 years younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"