Dr. Lecter Invites you to Dinner. The ''Hannibal'' Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
as tempted as i am to watch it online ,right this second.... no. i'm waiting till 10.

although i'd watch it again at ten anyway . there's no way i'll stop watching this show on tv. it's counting on us viewers right now.

I'd say the family episode was my favorite so far. Still got the angel episode to watch. The tension was high, the character drama was very revealing, and the acting was great.

Ironically, X-File's "family" episode was also banned upon first airing - about the mutant family "oh it's wonderful, wonderful, oh a wonderful time..." that one. Anyone know any other episodes of TV programs that were banned?

I'd say the family episode was my favorite so far. Still got the angel episode to watch. The tension was high, the character drama was very revealing, and the acting was great.
definitely had my favorite " this is my design " scene . the slamming of the table when he says " NO ONE leaves the table " , the way will looks into the victim's eyes when he says this is my design , like " listen *****, this is my design, deal with it " , just all around great acting from dancy in that scene. i really don't get all the hate for him.

i'm surprised no one's made a parody of the " this is my design " scenes, though.

They don't have it on an out of US Amazon or iTunes you can use?

I don't use either of those, but I did manage to find a copy elsewhere so I've seen it now! :D

All up to date, very happy indeed. Now we just need that fateful announcement of a second season and everything will be groovy.

Cheno is awesome. I'd love to see her on the show. Lee Pace as well, of course.

I enjoyed the line about 'a grape with nothing to hide.' It is manifested several times in the episode.

Also enjoyed was the nod to Red Dragon: namely, the 'Wound Man' scene.

Next week's episode looks good, esp. with Gillian Anderson.

Anna Chlumsky

hasn't changed much.

tumblr_lpn16i5xPO1qcb58yo1_400.gif

it seems to me like there were alot of intentional references to SOTL. even eddie izzard's role gave me some hopkins lecter esque vibes.

I've just downloaded "Ceuf" to help give the show momentum, but I likely won't have time to watch it until Sunday or even Monday. :(

Wearing her hair like that didn't do Chlumsky any favors... dem ears. :eek:

Great ep, though. Dat Eddie Izzard. **** NBC for not picking up Mockingbird Lane. :o

That was a really good episode. Better than the last couple, IMO.

Izzard and Raul Esparza as Chilton were really good.

Who the **** is Miriam? When did they establish that the Chesapeake Ripper killed anybody before he did in the pilot? When Hannibal was copying Hobbs to test Will? I'm so confused. I don't have a good feeling about this show's future at all. Pulling that episode will be what kills this show

Nevermind. The trainee. Duh. I thought that was Clarice at first and totally didn't realize they were flashbacks

Who is that playing the trainee?? I swear she looks like the chick that played in that movie My Girl with Dan Akroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis. She just looks so damn familiar

That was a really good episode. Better than the last couple, IMO.

Izzard and Raul Esparza as Chilton were really good.

I think this is a benchmark episode. The first time we see him actually do something on camera. It's all going to get better from here. :D

Who is that playing the trainee?? I swear she looks like the chick that played in that movie My Girl with Dan Akroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis. She just looks so damn familiar

it is Anna Chlumsky from My Girl. She is also in Armando Iannucci political comedies In The Loop and Veep.

I can't ****ing believe I got that right. I always wondered what happened to that girl. She's looking mighty fine today too. Mmmm damn

Perhaps this is a tribute to the strength of the show's characters, but despite the atrocities Hannibal has committed, what may impact me the most is the emotional pain and feelings of personal betrayal he will inflict upon Crawford, Mrs. Crawford, Will and Dr. Bloom when they discover that this man who has become a closer friend to them all has been lying, manipulating and tormenting them all along.

I also really liked that they turned up the tension this week. No scenes with Abigail or Will so we don't see Hannibal enjoying himself too much. We don't get the normal calm version of him from previous episodes. He looked seriously agitated in every single scene. :up:

I cannot wait for next week. The promo looks so good.

Perhaps this is a tribute to the strength of the show's characters, but despite the atrocities Hannibal has committed, what may impact me the most is the emotional pain and feelings of personal betrayal he will inflict upon Crawford, Mrs. Crawford, Will and Dr. Bloom when they discover that this man who has become a closer friend to them all has been lying, manipulating and tormenting them all along.

I feel exactly the same way. I can only imagine how messed up Will's going to be about it.

Way to completely destroy any self-confidence the man has about his ability to "see" a serial killer.

Oddly, I do feel like Hannibal is sincere about Bella though. It was like, in his very twisted way, he was trying to show Jack how to have hope...and psychologically torturing him at the same time?

I don't know, I got conflicting vibes off him this episode. He had kind of a sad expression at the end. Like maybe, at least now, he did feel kind of sorry about Miriam.

But with the "having an old friend for dinner" comment to Alana and Chilton, did anybody else think he was feeding them Miriam? I mean, he had her arm, so clearly he kept her body.

Who the **** is Miriam? When did they establish that the Chesapeake Ripper killed anybody before he did in the pilot? When Hannibal was copying Hobbs to test Will? I'm so confused. I don't have a good feeling about this show's future at all. Pulling that episode will be what kills this show

The Chesapeake Ripper was mentioned in passing in the Angel-Maker episode.

Crawford said at first he thought the Angel-Maker might be the Ripper (who's been dormant for years, so far as they know, but really IMO only because Hannibal changes MOs all the time).

I feel exactly the same way. I can only imagine how messed up Will's going to be about it.

Way to completely destroy any self-confidence the man has about his ability to "see" a serial killer.
I can't help but wonder if the stag Will sees in his dreams is his brain's way of saying it knows about Lector even if his conscious mind doesn't. Kinda like the elephant in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"