Dr. Lecter Invites you to Dinner. The ''Hannibal'' Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel exactly the same way. I can only imagine how messed up Will's going to be about it.

Way to completely destroy any self-confidence the man has about his ability to "see" a serial killer.

Oddly, I do feel like Hannibal is sincere about Bella though. It was like, in his very twisted way, he was trying to show Jack how to have hope...and psychologically torturing him at the same time?

I don't know, I got conflicting vibes off him this episode. He had kind of a sad expression at the end. Like maybe, at least now, he did feel kind of sorry about Miriam.

But with the "having an old friend for dinner" comment to Alana and Chilton, did anybody else think he was feeding them Miriam? I mean, he had her arm, so clearly he kept her body.

I think he did feed them Miriam. One of his lines while they were eating - the one about the "talkative lamb"-stood out to me.

I feel exactly the same way. I can only imagine how messed up Will's going to be about it.

Way to completely destroy any self-confidence the man has about his ability to "see" a serial killer.

Oddly, I do feel like Hannibal is sincere about Bella though. It was like, in his very twisted way, he was trying to show Jack how to have hope...and psychologically torturing him at the same time?

I don't know, I got conflicting vibes off him this episode. He had kind of a sad expression at the end. Like maybe, at least now, he did feel kind of sorry about Miriam.

Oddly enough, the ones I feel for most right now are the Crawfords. Jack seems to have a lot invested emotionally into Hannibal right now, which for the kind of guy he is is a big freaking deal, and when Hannibal is outed, the feelings of violation and betrayal may add stress on Bella and push her cancer from treatable into terminal territory (which extreme stress can do in real life).

But with the "having an old friend for dinner" comment to Alana and Chilton, did anybody else think he was feeding them Miriam? I mean, he had her arm, so clearly he kept her body.

Please, Hannibal would never do that. He only uses locally-sourced, fresh ingredients. Miriam would have to be frozen or preserved somehow, and no way would Hannibal debase himself by using frozen food. How dare you. :mad: :hehe:

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder if the stag Will sees in his dreams is his brain's way of saying it knows about Lector even if his conscious mind doesn't. Kinda like the elephant in the room.

I think so too, especially considering Hannibal has the stag bust in his office.

It's like Will's mind is trying to tell him something, but he doesn't know what yet.

I really hope this show lasts until we get to see the moment of realization. It'd really suck if we didn't get there, at least.

Oddly enough, the ones I feel for most right now are the Crawfords. Jack seems to have a lot invested emotionally into Hannibal right now, which for the kind of guy he is is a big freaking deal, and when Hannibal is outed, the feelings of violation and betrayal may add stress on Bella and push her cancer from treatable into terminal territory (which extreme stress can do in real life).
Yea, Jack is a stoic guy who doesn't show emotion easily, and he's really been leaning on Hannibal lately.

Hannibal is probably Jack and Will's and maybe Bella's closest friend right now. Just imagine how Jack will feel when he realizes he opened up about Miriam to the guy who murdered and probably tortured and ate her.

I mean, he obviously just choked her until she passed out, right? He couldn't have just killed her outright, because he made her record the message. So God knows what he did to her after that scene.

Though the fact that he didn't put her body on display....respect?

After seeing Episode 6, I can safely say that to fans of Silence of the Lambs/Red Dragon/Thomas Harris' work like myself this is "dream come true" level TV. The amount of parallels, homages, and references to both SotL and RD in this episode were amazing! Yet none of it felt wink/nod or forced as it fit into the story. The writing and acting were all TOP NOTCH. Finally SEEING Hannibal kill was frightening. His facial expression was downright evil. If this gets cancelled I might start killing people myself. jk.

^ Completely agree.

"the world is a better place with her in it"

"having an old friend for dinner"

Gideon's attack on the nurse echoed both Hannibal's nurse attack and the ambulance scene from SOTL.

Chilton's line about how a pure psychopath is so rare in captivity was very similar to what he said about Lecter in SOTL.

The Wounded Man is out of the book of Red Dragon, as is Hannibal's nickname of The Chesapeake Ripper.

Miriam's relationship with Crawford echoes Clarice.

Hannibal taking his shoes off to be quieter as he comes up behind Miriam is similar to the book of Red Dragon when Will recounts Hannibal almost killing him after Will had his own lightbulb moment. Will realizes Hannibal is the Ripper, makes some excuse to step out of the office for a second, Hannibal of course reads him and knows that he knows. Hannibal takes his shoes off, creeps into the hallway where Will is calling the FBI, and stabs him.

Just when you think this show can't get any better....

• 1x07 “SORBET”
WILL HAS NIGHTMARES OF HIMSELF AS A KILLER WHILE HANNIBAL SEES A THERAPIST OF HIS OWN AND BEGINS HIS SEDUCTION OF ALANA.
When the BAU investigates a murder involving organ removal Jack (Laurence FIshburne) believes that the Chesapeake Ripper may have resurfaced, but Will (Hugh Dancy) determines that the victim’s murder is the result of illegal organ harvesting accident. Meanwhile, Will suffers from nightmares where he is Abigail’s father, and Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) slowly starts to seduce Alana Bloom (Caroline Dhavernas) and begins to visit his own therapist, Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson). Also starring, Hettienne Park, Aaron Abrams, Scott Thompson.

• 1x08 “FROMAGE”
05/16/2013 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : HANNIBAL IS FORCED TO FIGHT FOR HIS LIFE, WHILE WILL REACHES OUT ROMANTICALLY TO ALANA
The BAU investigates a murder in which the killer exposes the victim’s vocal cords to literally play them like a cello. Meanwhile, Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) discovers that the killer, Tobias, (Demore Barnes) murdered the victim as an attempt to gain Hannibal’s attention but then makes an attempt to take Lecter’s life. Will (Hugh Dancy) is driven to distraction by strange noises in his head and turns to Alana, in a romantic way, seeking peace and stability. Hannibal describes his relationship with Will to his therapist, Dr. Bedilia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson). Vladmimir Cubrt, Dan Fogler, guest.

• 1x09 “TROU NORMAND”
05/23/2013 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : A SERIAL KILLER’S MACABRE TROPHY RAISES QUESTIONS AND CLUES TO MOTIVES AS WELL AS SECRETS
The BAU team hunts a serial killer who digs up his victims, creating a totem pole of their bodies as a macabre trophy. When Nick Boyle’s (Mark Rendall) body is found, Jack (Laurence Fishburne) & Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) question Abigail (Kacey Rohl) about his death. The resurrection of Nick’s body enlightens Will (Hugh Dancy) to some of Abigail’s secrets and Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) convinces Will to keep some of his own. Attempting to assert independence, Abigail agrees to write a book with Freddy Lounds (Lara Jean Chorostecki) and in the process, reveals her biggest secret to Hannibal.

Lance Henriksen co-stars

Damn it, this show needs to stick around. It's brilliant.

i'm still confused as to why a psychiatrist ...would have a psychiatrist. but i'm sure they can make it work.

speaking of which, gillian anderson's character seems like kind of a ***** in all the promos of her that i've seen so far . i don't think she'll be very safe around hannibal for long.

EDIT : orrrr maybe not , after just reading bryan fuller's claim that he wants to keep her on the series as long as possible. although i get the feeling i'll be wanting hannibal to kill her.

Last edited:
Psychiatrists having psychiatrists is not at all uncommon. Everybody needs an external perspective some times. I'm sure Hannibal has a plethora of other intentions there though. If this show gets cancelled I'm gonna lose my ****. This will hands down be the worst series cancelation ever for me. It'll beat out Dirt, Terriers, Caprica even Carnivalè. This show is just that ****ing good. I'll seriously break something as soon as the news breaks.

Psychiatrists having psychiatrists is not at all uncommon. Everybody needs an external perspective some times. I'm sure Hannibal has a plethora of other intentions there though. If this show gets cancelled I'm gonna lose my ****. This will hands down be the worst series cancelation ever for me. It'll beat out Dirt, Terriers, Caprica even Carnivalè. This show is just that ****ing good. I'll seriously break something as soon as the news breaks.
reminds me of how profit and brimstone both got cancelled after 1 season. both were great shows, and to me it seemed like they were only going to get better as they went on, and they just sort of...ended with all these unanswered questions (particularly brimstone ) . all because of "ratings ".

of course it was years after the conception of both shows that i got around to watching them and realized how great they were and how sucky it was that they got cancelled so early, but you get my point.

i'm still confused as to why a psychiatrist ...would have a psychiatrist. but i'm sure they can make it work.

I'm thinking it is quite normal for psychiatrists to see another psychiatrist on a regular basis.

I remember a framed narrative episode of Growing Pains where Dr. Seaver was telling a story to another shrink he sees on a regular basis. And I think Dr. Melfi on the Sopranos also had a regular shrink, even before she was sexually assaulted.

There you go, a Growing Pains/Alan Thicke reference in the Hannibal thread. And this is how the world ends ...

Last edited:
still no decision as of yet...

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 05/02/13
1.1 in the demo (+10% change) with 2.61 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 3.45 million.
Episode 01-05: Thursday, 04/25/13
1.0 in the demo (-29% change) with 2.40 million (-32% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 3.66 million.
Episode 01-04: Thursday, 04/25/13
Note: NBC opted to not air this episode and released it online as a web episode instead.
Episode 01-03: Thursday, 04/18/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 3.51 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 1.57 in the demo with 4.08 million.
Episode 01-02: Thursday, 04/11/13
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 4.38 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.65 in the demo with 4.37 million.
Episode 01-01: Thursday, 04/04/13
1.6 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.36 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.60 in the demo with 4.36 million.

It went up in the demo a bit, these *******s better not axe it! I will break ****. Seriously. I might even cry

Yes it does. That pulled episode messed the flow up so much. Plus, everybody would have been talking about how Hannibal Lecter got a traumatized girl to trip mushrooms with him. I really think that part alone of ep 4 would have really gotten a lotta people talking about this show. It was such a great scene

Yes it does. That pulled episode messed the flow up so much. Plus, everybody would have been talking about how Hannibal Lecter got a traumatized girl to trip mushrooms with him. I really think that part alone of ep 4 would have really gotten a lotta people talking about this show. It was such a great scene

shows like hannibal expect viewers to take a second look, to think, that is sadly too much for the ordinary viewer. in the beginning many will tune in but then the viewers will drop...happend many times. i really dont understand why creators pitch shows like that to abc, nbc, cbs and fox. knowing that in the end, the show will be taken off the air.

FX, AMC and even A&E always show replays. I think that's a smart way to get more people hooked on the shows.

Last edited:
Two new sneek peeks from next episode :

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/hannibal-episode-107-sorbet-sneak-peeks.html

Also.. FREAK OUT with this!!! http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/hannibal-episode-107-sorbet-bts.html

It's a "behind-the-scenes" (the actual filming of scenes) featurette with Gillian Anderson/Mads Mikkelsen/Lawence Fishburne interacting! SPOILERS and a lot of information about her "relationship" with Hannibal and what is about to follow in next episode(s)!! IT'S GREAT!! (In fact I was kind of shocked to what Fishburne tells Anderson's character in the featurette).

Also, regarding the agony of bad ratings/renewal: I know it's a lot of factors weighing in the show's low, BUT I can't get over the fact that Canada decided to air new episodes one day earlier than US. I mean, why tempt people downloading the episode before it airs in US? And yes, don't fool yourselves, there are a lot of people out there who can't stand the wait and prefer torrenting it or watching it online otherwise. And I may add, that way they can watch other shows too (stupid, selfish if they are actual fans). I guess NBC had no saying in "CityTv"'s programming? Because if they had and did nothing :doh:

Last edited:
as i said before, this show needs to be on amc, hbo, showtime or fx.

Agreed on all accounts except AMC.

If it was on AMC, they would have driven Fuller out of the production by now, and gradually constrict the show until it turned into pure ****.

HBO would have been ideal. I see them doing a better job than anybody else, maybe FX would have done it great too. Showtime would too but they have Dexter so, yea lol

LOL, I just started watching Carnivale and I am halfway through the first season. It's awesome! I can't imagine why this was cancelled....

Carnivale is amazing. But it's pretty obvious why it was cancelled. It's the most cryptic, slow moving thing ever. I love it so much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"