Dr. Leslie Thompkins in a Batman film

She’s 11 years older than Rob but IMO she looks her age. Rob doesn’t. And he’s playing a 27-30 year old Bruce Wayne. Even if he’s playing a early 30’s Batman in the sequel (believably so), Keri would be like 50 so it comes to about 20 years between the two characters on screen. The idea is to get somebody who can be believable next to Alfred. And have chemistry.

There are other actresses in their 50’s that would work too. Just most of them that I’ve seen in this thread are bad choices.
In order for her to be 50, the sequel would have to be shot 5 years from now, when Rob is pushing 40.

I don't want a Tom Holland Marasi Tomei situation where there's clearly some weird energy there.

If they shoot in 2024, she’ll be 48 while filming. Rob would be 37. But you’re not understanding what I’m saying. She looks her age. Rob doesn’t. That’s the point. He’s likely playing a 30 year old Bruce in the sequel...and if Leslie’s 48...that’s 18 years difference. Simple math no? Lol.

Anyways you don’t like the idea, that’s fine. There are older actresses that work. I just think she’s old enough to have known him for 20 years and has that warmth that is needed for Martha Wayne or Leslie Thompkins, and not far removed from Andy Serkis’ age either.

It is simple math, dude. You can't just make up numbers because you say a person looks younger or older. There will never be that age difference.

Lmao on screen they would. It is a fact that Rob isn’t playing a mid 30’s Batman. He’s in his second year.

Let me put it this way for you, Leslie Thompkins was a contemporary of Thomas Wayne. Thomas and Martha Wayne where murdered when Bruce Wayne was eight years old. Let’s say Leslie and Thomas are roughly the same age. If Keri Russell is eleven years older than Robert Pattinson, that means Thomas Wayne was murdered at 19 and fathered Bruce at eleven.

Russell is a very youthful 45 like many American actresses of her generation. She passes for 40 more than she does 50. She is most definitely not even remotely believable as a contemporary of Bruce's parents regardless of whether Pattinson's Bruce is supposed to be 25 or 30.

In order for shauner’s argument to work, Russell not only has to look her age, which I disagree with, but for the sake of argument I’ll give him, but then she also has to look an additional ten years older, which is just laughable.

Lmao on screen they would. It is a fact that Rob isn’t playing a mid 30’s Batman. He’s in his second year.
That's clearly not the issue. The issue is that Keri doesn't look nearly as old as you seem to think she looks, and Rob while looking great, does not pass for a man in his 20s. Especially how he looks in the trailer. For any of this to make sense, Keri would have to look like she is in her 60s. She doesn't. She barely looks in her 40s.

I thought we were done with the ridiculous "old mother" tropes, where there is only like 5 years between the actors. Because you know, once a woman hits 30, she looks ancient. :confused:

Rob looks 28-30 in the trailer. And sorry but I don’t get your logic about her needing to look in her 60’s.

Let me put it this way for you, Leslie Thompkins was a contemporary of Thomas Wayne. Thomas and Martha Wayne where murdered when Bruce Wayne was eight years old. Let’s say Leslie and Thomas are roughly the same age. If Keri Russell is eleven years older than Robert Pattinson, that means Thomas Wayne was murdered at 19 and fathered Bruce at eleven.
And I’ll say it again, Rob looks younger than 34. So she wouldn’t be 11 years older. His parents were killed 20 years ago so why couldn’t Keri/Leslie have been 25 when she knew Thomas while Bruce was 8? I swear you just make arguments cuz you’re bored.

What’s next? You’re gonna say 25 is too young to be a mom?

I thought we were done with the ridiculous "old mother" tropes, where there is only like 5 years between the actors. Because you know, once a woman hits 30, she looks ancient. :confused:
I’m literally the only one trying to fancast a younger actress to pair up with a younger Alfred and apparently that means I’m continuing the old mother trope. Im done here.

Rob looks 28-30 in the trailer. And sorry but I don’t get your logic about her needing to look in her 60’s.
He doesn't, but whatever. Lets go with 30.

Thomas and Martha Wayne had one child before their death. Thomas went to medical school, so chances are they didn't have Bruce right out of college. But I will be kind and give you 25, because I am being nice. According to you, the boy looks 30 in this one. Which means even using your numbers, Keri would have to look 55 and up in the next one. If we are being reasonable, because that makes sense, it makes far more sense for the Waynes to have their son in their 30s, meaning Keri would need to match up with that.

I know these are comic books, but this isn't anime. Not everyone does everything by the age of 20 and then go off to a farm to die for the new gen of teen superheroes.

He doesn't, but whatever. Lets go with 30.

Thomas and Martha Wayne had one child before their death. Thomas went to medical school, so chances are they didn't have Bruce right out of college. But I will be kind and give you 25, because I am being nice. According to you, the boy looks 30 in this one. Which means even using your numbers, Keri would have to look 55 and up in the next one. If we are being reasonable, because that makes sense, it makes far more sense for the Waynes to have their son in their 30s, meaning Keri would need to match up with that.

I know these are comic books, but this isn't anime. Not everyone does everything by the age of 20 and then go off to a farm to die for the new gen of teen superheroes.

Like I was saying, I see Miranda Otto, who looks her 53 years, probably because she spent most of the last 15 years in quasi-retirement enjoying the Australian sun, raising her family (good for her!) rather than in Hollywood, being the youngest one could go for Leslie:
latest

Like I was saying, I see Miranda Otto, who looks her 53 years, probably because she spent most of the last 15 years in quasi-retirement enjoying the Australian sun, raising her family (good for her!) rather than in Hollywood, being the youngest one could go for Leslie:
latest
She fit playing the aunt of a high schooler the last few years, but could totally skew a bit older, especially a few years from now. I could see it, and I adore her. :up:

She fit playing the aunt of a high schooler the last few years, but could totally skew a bit older, especially a few years from now. I could see it, and I adore her. :up:
Yeah, and I was thinking in terms of not being the same age as Thomas per se. Like she could have been a few years behind him and been friends. More so close enough in age to run in the same professional circles. ie. A 38-year attending, with an 8 year old son, who is friends with say a 33-year old resident.

Leslie doesn’t need to be the same age as Thomas Wayne.

And I’ll say it again, Rob looks younger than 34. So she wouldn’t be 11 years older. His parents were killed 20 years ago so why couldn’t Keri/Leslie have been 25 when she knew Thomas while Bruce was 8? I swear you just make arguments cuz you’re bored.

What’s next? You’re gonna say 25 is too young to be a mom?
Except... Russell doesn’t look 20 years older than Rob dude, because she isn’t. She never will be. Even if we use your logic and somehow they wait 5 years until the sequel and Russell is 50 when they shoot, somehow she will age and Rob won’t?

And if you’re looking for a younger actress to match a younger Alfred, she’s ten years younger than Serkis!

Except... Russell doesn’t look 20 years older than Rob dude, because she isn’t. She never will be. Even if we use your logic and somehow they wait 5 years until the sequel and Russell is 50 when they shoot, somehow she will age and Rob won’t?

And if you’re looking for a younger actress to match a younger Alfred, she’s ten years younger than Serkis!
And Serkis can easily play older than his actual 56 years. I suspect he will be playing the character as 60ish at the youngest.

So why can’t Leslie be 10 years younger than Alfred? That’s perfectly normal. I personally think she looks 15 years older than Rob. And I’m not saying she looks old. She looks great. 45 isn’t old to me. But I feel like I’m trying to talk about fancasting Keri based on her skill set and whether it’s done through makeup/movie magic or just bc she will naturally age into that role...I’d assign her to Leslie Thompkins and make her the 50 year old character, while making Rob play the 30 year old Bruce Wayne (via makeup tricks or his natural looks). And yet you guys shut it down because you’re more focused on how the REAL life ppl are a certain age?

Why is that a sore spot with some of you? Why can’t she or another 45 or 40 year old actress play a 50 year old who happens to be a mentor or motherly figure to a 30 year old character?

The “she’s only 11 years older so she can’t be like his mom!!” defence is really stupid. Even if you disagree with me and think she looks 35...why can’t makeup and acting get the job done so we believe there’s a 20 year difference. I’m willing to bend age if she fits the character as an actress. It’s such a close minded group of fans in this forum. Big Bat Theory is right.

Ok, but why go out of your way to give her grey hair and some wrinkles instead of just casting someone age appropriate?

Ok, but why go out of your way to give her grey hair and some wrinkles instead of just casting someone age appropriate?
So why cast Colin Farrell to look like a 52 year old ugly, fat guy if he’s a handsome 40 year old? Your argument makes zero sense, as usual.

Lol, I knew the Farrell rejoinder was coming.

I don’t think it’s comparable though. This is more like if you cast Farrell as Alfred. I’m sure Farrell could play Alfred, with grey hair dye and wrinkles, but its distracting. With characters like Thompson and Alfred you have to cast in relation to whoever’s playing Bruce. Casting Russell as Thompkins is weird because Pattinson could easily be the love interest of Russell in a movie. Whoever plays the role needs to be believable as someone Bruce has known for a while, someone from a different generation. Remember when Guy Pearce played the old guy in Prometheus and it was really weird? It was fine, but it was distracting. Everyone coming out of the movie was asking why Ridley Scott didn’t just cast an old guy.

Did you just compare a 5 year difference to a 40 year old Guy Pearce playing an elderly guy? :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"