Sequels Dr. Strange 2 - 2020??

Seriously? They haven't even cast the first one yet! :funny:

Shuma-Gurath for the villain if he ain't in the 1st film!

Though 2020 is a long gap from 2016, don't you think? Why not 2019, after Avengers 4.

Shuma-Gurath for the villain if he ain't in the 1st film!

Though 2020 is a long gap from 2016, don't you think? Why not 2019, after Avengers 4.
your guess is as good as mine. but I think Ant-Man might get a sequel too and will get one of the 2019 slots with GotG 3

your guess is as good as mine. but I think Ant-Man might get a sequel too and will get one of the 2019 slots with GotG 3

Marvel might want to give GOTG 3 a May 2020 release date, like GOTG 2. So Doctor Strange 2 could take a November 2019 date.

Infinity War will probably include EVERYONE in the MCU. Avengers, Defenders, Inhumans, SHIELD and Guardians. My guesses for 2019 are Thunderbolts and Ghost Rider since they won't be connected to it in the slightest.

Considering the news that Inhumans might be delayed again, they might give that 2019 spot to Doctor Strange 2.

I got the impression they aren't doing that 2019 spot (that's the whole reason for the delay). There are two reasons they listed - they had to squeeze two extra movies in earlier and Indiana Jones is debuting at the same time by the same company.

Given that, it doesn't make sense that they would just swap in a different movie. I didn't get the impression another movie would air before Inhumans.

How about the hood as the villain? Along with dormammu introduction

Dormmamu as villain now that would work the best

"Let's cross that bridge when we get to it."

- someone

My guess for this is 2021. We haven't heard anything about a sequel and Inhumans and GOTG 3 are both confirmed for Phase 4 starting in 2020. Black Widow has been hinted at for the final spot.

I don't think Marvel will fill that abandoned 2019 spot. Indiana Jones and plus I kind of like the idea of a long break after Infinity War.

I could see them aiming for a Fall 2019 release depending on how the first film does. To me at least, Dr. Strange 2 would make more sense as a Phase 3 epilogue than Inhumans did.

2019 at the earliest 2020 at the latest

There are only 2 openings until may 2020 and that's nov 2018 and nov 2019. I don't think it's smart to put Dr.Strange 2 somewhere in nov 18 or 19. In 18 they release 3 films already so best not to overdo it with 4 films. While Thor and IM used a 2 year gap for their sequel 2 years didn't benefit the quality of the films. Both were inferior to their first films. So I hope they take their sweet time with Dr.Strange 2. IM1+2 and THOR1+2 both released in phase 1. Cap 2 is the only origin sequel that released in phase 2 and cap 3 in phase 3. I hope they do the same with Strange. Strange 1 in phase 3, Strange 2 in phase 4, Strange 3 in phase 5. GOTG2 was announced a week or 2 before the first one released. We still haven't heard anything for Strange 2.

Considering Strange did almost as well as Guardians (worse domestically, better overseas) it is along with gotg their most successful franchise first film if you don't count Avengers. Considering Avengers will take a break after 4 in 2019 we'll have 2020 and 2021 may off. They'll be smart to take 2019 off after Avengers 4. No film in november. Best to release Dr.Strange in 2020 may and GOTG3 in 2021.

I really hope they take their time with Strange 2.
It has a lot of potential. A 2020 may release might bring them 1b WW.

There are only 2 openings until may 2020 and that's nov 2018 and nov 2019. I don't think it's smart to put Dr.Strange 2 somewhere in nov 18 or 19. In 18 they release 3 films already so best not to overdo it with 4 films. While Thor and IM used a 2 year gap for their sequel 2 years didn't benefit the quality of the films. Both were inferior to their first films. So I hope they take their sweet time with Dr.Strange 2. IM1+2 and THOR1+2 both released in phase 1. Cap 2 is the only origin sequel that released in phase 2 and cap 3 in phase 3. I hope they do the same with Strange. Strange 1 in phase 3, Strange 2 in phase 4, Strange 3 in phase 5. GOTG2 was announced a week or 2 before the first one released. We still haven't heard anything for Strange 2.

Considering Strange did almost as well as Guardians (worse domestically, better overseas) it is along with gotg their most successful franchise first film if you don't count Avengers. Considering Avengers will take a break after 4 in 2019 we'll have 2020 and 2021 may off. They'll be smart to take 2019 off after Avengers 4. No film in november. Best to release Dr.Strange in 2020 may and GOTG3 in 2021.

I really hope they take their time with Strange 2.
It has a lot of potential. A 2020 may release might bring them 1b WW.
Thor: The Dark World was a Phase II release

I think 2020 Looks like GotG3 and DS2 for safe. The gaps would be too big otherwise.

I say Nov of 2020 is right. I expect Dr.Strange to fill the usual Thor spot.

This should also be the first Marvel Studios movie after the IW events. I don't count Spider-Man since Sony is involved.

If they go with the 3 years spacing (guardians, ant-man) then it should most definitly get the November 2019 or the early 2020 (February/March) slot

If they go with the 3 years spacing (guardians, ant-man) then it should most definitly get the November 2019 or the early 2020 (February/March) slot

Marvel doesn't have a 4th space reserved for 2019. They have 3 for 2019, which we know already:

Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019
Avengers 4 - May 3, 2019
Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 - July 5, 2019

That is 2019 for Marvel. Now, here are the 2020 dates:

Unknown movies:

May 1, 2020 - likely to be Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 given previous comments by James Gunn
August 7, 2020
November 2, 2020

Assuming the 1st 2020 film is GotG3, then we have 2 openings in 2020. Given November was when Doctor Strange was released, my bet is Doctor Strange 2 will be November 2, 2020. The August 7 movie is a mystery. Given the track record of wanting 1 new property a year, it makes sense that would be something new. My bet is it is either Black Widow's solo finally coming, or something like totally new like Nova or something.

I would put Strange 2 in August 2020 instead of November 2020

With the Fox deal possibly done at that time maybe X-Men related movie or Silver Surfer? I don't see back to back cosmic movies happening though.

Me either. Besides, that would be a quick turn around to get them released so quickly after the deal finalizes. I am thinking 2021 is our money year for potential X-Men and FF related solos. Cameos in other films by them, I think are possible in 2020.

As for Dr. Strange in August or November, the first film was released in November. I would imagine much like Thor, it will become Dr. Strange's usual month.

Me either. Besides, that would be a quick turn around to get them released so quickly after the deal finalizes. I am thinking 2021 is our money year for potential X-Men and FF related solos. Cameos in other films by them, I think are possible in 2020.

As for Dr. Strange in August or November, the first film was released in November. I would imagine much like Thor, it will become Dr. Strange's usual month.

Given, that they could possibly do a lot with horror elements in this franchise, Halloween-Week (in Europe) is the perfect slot for Doctor Strange

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"