Dr. Strange first trailer

5 min until Kimmel starts. It'll probably play towards the tail end of the show if I had to guess, meaning we have another hour or so to wait.

Visually, very striking, and Cumberbatch's accent is perfect. They managed to not reveal much at all, either.

Looks pretty great to me (and I'm not a fan of the character...doubt I've ever read a single issue of his series). It felt like Batman Begins, but instead of training to be an assassin he learns crazy magic stuff.

Looks interesting! I like that it has a very different visual color palette than most Marvel films.

My God... I'm not even a Strange fan.

Now I'm totally stoked for this movie.

What a time to be a Marvel fan.

Jesus.

I know they just finished filming so I wasn't expecting much in terms of FX. What we got was nice enough a tease.

With the director they hired, I thought they were going with a "horror" theme, as much as one can be for a Disney movie. It was a serviceable teaser for the GA but it felt too Batman Begins-ish for me.

I don't usually do this, but a perfect 10. It's Dikto's Strange. But in live action. Just...no words. 10 years ago, I'd have laughed at anybody saying that we'd get a Doctor Strange film...much less one that looks like this.

10. Looks like it'll continue Marvel's trend of delivering on al points.

I know they just finished filming so I wasn't expecting much in terms of FX. What we got was nice enough a tease.

With the director they hired, I thought they were going with a "horror" theme, as much as one can be for a Disney movie. It was a serviceable teaser for the GA but it felt too Batman Begins-ish for me.

But that director's film Sinister wasn't exactly a special effects extravaganza.

Personally, I'm still kind of hung up on the fact that at one point Guillermo del Toro (director) and Neil Gaiman (writer) teamed up for a proposal for this character...that could have been incredible.

I'd give it a 7 not mind blowing I'm sure I'll love it though

That's because Begins drew from Dr. Strange

just watched the trailer.

I'm not familiar with the character and have never been that interested in him.

but Holy ****!!! :wow:

I LOVE this kind of stuff, so Marvel has definitely got my interest now! :woot:

But that director's film Sinister wasn't exactly a special effects extravaganza.

Personally, I'm still kind of hung up on the fact that at one point Guillermo del Toro (director) and Neil Gaiman (writer) teamed up for a proposal for this character...that could have been incredible.

Problem is Del Toro probably wouldn't fit in the collaborative MCU. He always struck me as the guy who needs complete autonomous control.

I've waited a long time for that. :ilv:

I wasn't a fan.

Though I'm still really looking forward to this.

The trailer views on the Kimmel YouTube channel have increased 6 fold in about 20mins (20k to 118k).

Hmm, a little more generic than I would have expected, but strong nonetheless. A couple very slick shots.

While some of the money shots seem derivative (Inception. Matrix), I'm sure the movie'll go farther than those other movies did with the reality/environment warping.

Another concern I have is with the cast. Talented, but not terribly exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"