Dr. Strange: Rotten Tomato Watch Thread

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
The critic embargo drops in a few days.

What RT score do you think Dr Strange will get?

Will it be Marvel Studios first rotten movie?

What day exactly does it drop?

And woah, why so low Teekay?

Its just a prediction JOE. I'll be happy if I'm wrong but I have a strange feeling about this one (no pun intended)

Lower than Civil War's rating but not lower than those 3 last DC movies. I guess.

Judging by early reactions, above 70%. After that it's hard to tell because Ant-Man has 81% and as much as I like it I didn't expect it to be that high.

Probably above 75%. I feel like MCU movies' RT is kind of inflated (I like CW but that movie is overpraised). Visual seems great, and the Oscar winner/ nominees cast will make it hard for critics to trash the acting.

Already got my ticket for next Wednesday, will still see it if RT hovers around 60 but if it's rotten at 50 then I'm selling.

Dr. Strange was created in 1963. 63 seems too low, so let's make my final prediction 73 %! ;)

82%

If Ant-Man got 81%, and it was as formulaic as they come, then Strange should do at least that, if not better, since it also is a visual masterpiece.

Ant-Man was funny which can soften critics' opinions.

We'll see if visual effects can do the same for Dr. Strange.

I thought Ant-Man was very subversive of the Marvel formula with a legacy hero, the heist plot and the low scale stakes.

Edit: I was very surprised last year when Ant-Man climbed over 80 %. A feat that most MCU movies don't have. Would be amazing, if Strange managed to do the same.

I really want this to knock it out of the park. But based on stuff I'm reading I'm getting a Thor 2 and IM 3 vibe. So I'll go between 74-78%

Somewhere in the 75-85% range. I'm guessing about 80% or a percentage point or two.

89%. Remember, this Marvel we're talking about. They have a pretty great track record witn RT. I have a feeling that Strange will flip the CBM genre on it's head in the same way Deadpool did by offering something fresh.

It will not be the first rotten movie, but I'm not sure where it'll end up. I'll say between 70-80%

Honestly I think the only upcoming Marvel film that COULD steer towards rotten is Infinity War. Just because it's such a huge task (and cast) to take on, with a giant weight of expectations, and in the hands of any other company would be a guaranteed mess. It's going to be far from the reliable formula.

I think it'll end up right around 70% or so. Maybe lower, I don't know, I have a weird feeling about this movie.

I think it'll be solid...70-75%. All the reactions I've read range from good to great, but the more mainstream critics will be more demanding and 'objective'.

After seeing the first wave of Twitter reactions I'd say high 70's to low 80's. I can see some people picking away at certain parts, but it'll still be a fresh movie nonetheless. I'm confident in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"