Endgame Dr Strange/The Sorceror Supreme/Master of the Mystic Arts - Benedict Cumberbatch

Now I really can't understand the logic/reason on why
Dr.Strange even asked Tony on whether or not he could get them home back when they were on Maw's ship because we all saw that he had the portal ring on as he used it to transfer all of the heroes to the final battle.
Re Infinity War: It's still possible them hurtling through space could have affected his ability to open a stable portal. Once they landed on Titan, though, he had already agreed to Tony's plan to see if they could take Thanos down there instead of taking the fight immediately back to Earth.

I much preferred him in IW than in his own film.
Yeah, the Russos have a far better handle on Strange. That said, I can't help but wonder what Marvel has in store for him now that
the Eye of Agamotto aka the Time Stone is no more.

Same. It's such an established part of his arsenal from the comics.

Yeah, the Russos have a far better handle on Strange. That said, I can't help but wonder what Marvel has in store for him now that
the Eye of Agamotto aka the Time Stone is no more.

Personally, as much as I love the Eye of Agamotto, having the ability to reverse time is too OP and it will make the audience not caring about the stakes too much, knowing that Dr.Strange can go back and undo the mistake if he wants. By taking it out of the equation, I think it will give the writers more freedom to up the ante and not having to worry about this plot device.

Same. It's such an established part of his arsenal from the comics.

The simplest solution I think would be for
the stones to re-materialize at some future juncture. You could even explain it away by describing them as "universal constants" that can never truly be destroyed.
Sadly, even with Illuminati members Reed Richards and Charles Xavier on the cusp of joining MCU's ranks, I don't imagine that Team Feige would be too keen on revisiting the gems so soon after the conclusion to their Infinity saga.

Personally, as much as I love the Eye of Agamotto, having the ability to reverse time is too OP and it will make the audience not caring about the stakes too much, knowing that Dr.Strange can go back and undo the mistake if he wants. By taking it out of the equation, I think it will give the writers more freedom to up the ante and not having to worry about this plot device.

I hear you. In retrospect, making the Eye and the Time Stone one and the same probably wasn't the best idea from the get-go. They should have been depicted as two separate objects as is the case in the comics.

That's a good rationale for the removal of the stone but in the comics they are two discrete objects with no connection. In the comic the Eye isn't about reversing time. It's a little disappointing not getting a Strange in the MCU with his most iconic talisman. It would be like Spidey without the web shooters or Batman without the batarangs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"