Dragon Age 3

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Thread Manager, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]392023[/split]

2. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Didn't see a thread for this but please merge if there is one. I'm looking forward to fully completing everything on the 1st 2. Not sure how the multiplayer will work but could be interesting.

3. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dragon Age: Inquisition : UPDATE: Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released for XBox One & PC

Posted Mar 24, 2015

UPDATE (3-24-15): Bioware has announced the release of the first DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition, Jaws of Hakkon. The DLC will cost $14.99 and can be purchased via the XBox Marketplace or the PC version via Origin. To celebrate the release, Bioware has sent out a new trailer to give players an idea about the content, location and story behind Jaws of Hakkon.

Permalink | 7 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#FlPkmqXojvfUbhGh.99

source: MMORPG.com

4. Spidey-Bat

Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Heard the DLC kinda sucked for $15. It's mostly just a new area with fetch-quests and re-skinned enemies.

5. X Knight

X Knight Hope

the blue glowing weapons do look kind of nice, though.

6. zenith16

[​IMG]

Dragon Age: Inquisition : A Sneak Peek at the Jaws of Hakkon DLC

Posted Mar 25, 2015

Four months after its original release and on very short notice, Bioware is providing us today the first DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition. In fact, the lack of any announcement beforehand is almost as surprising as the rather steep price of 15 Dollars, which makes it the most expensive story DLC in the Dragon Age franchise. Naturally, this immediately raises the expectations, especially regarding the content length, as these are almost the price-spheres of Skyrim’s Dragonborn DLC, which set rather high standards.
    Read more of Markus Rohringer's Dragon Age: Inquisition - A Sneak Peek at the Jaws of Hakkon DLC.
    Permalink | 5 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#3UQkoKbBhO4kqvpS.99

Also With

Lastly

[​IMG]
    [YT]mBziL3C-GLw[/YT]
    EP Daily Rundown – March 27, 2015

In the latest edition of the Rundown,
    Marissa and Scott take a look at the new Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Maggie,
    and discuss timed-exclusive DLC for games.

source: MMORPG.com , GI& EPN.TV

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  7. zenith16

8. zenith16

9. zenith16

[​IMG]

Dragon Age: Inquisition : Jaws of Hakkon Review - In the Footsteps of the Last Inquisitor

Posted Apr 07, 2015

Dragon Age: Inquistion is an endless well of discussions. Benevolently received by the press, fiercely defended by its fans and disappointedly condemned by all of those who wanted the game to be something else - opinions couldn’t be more diverse. And now Bioware delivered us the first DLC, Jaws of Hakkon, and all those buried emotions are resurrected, as we get more of exactly those parts which have been the critiques' main target.
    Read more of Markus Rohringer's Dragon Age: Inquisition - Jaws of Hakkon Review - In the Steps of the Last Inquisitor.
    Permalink | 21 comments
    Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#miXFqzKBe5eJ1Ylg.99

10. zenith16

this was put up yester

[​IMG]

Dragon Age: Inquisition : Jaws of Hakkon DLC Coming to Consoles May 26th

Posted Apr 30, 2015

The title says it all: The first Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, released on PC last month, is finally headed for XBox 360, PlayStation 3 and Playstaion 4 on May 26th.
    Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#DtCQEkxX96MCYUT0.99

More Recently

[​IMG]

Dragon Age: Inquisition : Free Multiplayer Expansion Coming May 5th

Posted May 01, 2015

Dragon Age: Inquisition players can celebrate this coming Tuesday, May 5th with the addition of a free multiplayer expansion for all platforms to the game.
    Permalink | 7 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#DtCQEkxX96MCYUT0.99

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  11. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

You know, I really wanted to like Inquisition, but I just cannot get into it. I've tried. Many times. I just can't. In an attempt to compete with Skyrim (which Bioware made clear was a goal from the beginning), Bioware went overboard on the sidequests. So much pointless run and fetch quests. And I'd be fine with that if I could just ignore them, but you need to do them to advance the plot and open up the main plot quests. As such, it just becomes a tiresome game. :csad:

12. Spidey-Bat

What class are you playing as?

What areas have you explored and unlocked?

13. eternalinferno

eternalinferno Well-Known Member

I got and was really digging it. But then I just kinda got side tracked with other games and didn't touch it for a good while. Starting playing it again from scratch with a different class and I'm falling in love with it again. And I didn't even like the first 2 dragon age games.

14. X Knight

X Knight Hope

I took a long break from it and now I'm starting over again with another character.

I managed to create another cutie in Character Creator.......so that's a plus!! lol.

15. zenith16

[​IMG]

Dragon Age: Inquisition : Dragonslayer Multiplayer DLC Released

Posted May 05, 2015

The latest free multiplayer update for Dragon Age: Inquisition has been released for all platforms.
    Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#8frXk3as37udZl00.99

16. zenith16

17. zenith16

18. zenith16

[​IMG]

Dragon Age: Inquisition : Spoils of the Avvar DLC Released

Posted Jun 09, 2015

Dragon Age: Inquisition players should take note of today's release of the Spoils of the Avvar DLC that includes
    Permalink | 1 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#umPxF0vhHpbjRVoA.99

19. Drz

Drz Real Hero

Greg Rucka is writing a Dragon Age Comic, huzzah!

I think it's more than obvious that the next Dragon Age is going to take in the North and perhaps even in Tevinter, my hopes personally are that DA4's main character is a former slave who can even become slave master him/herself.

20. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

I rented DAI from gamefly. Figure I'll skip the first two games, I tried playing DAO back in November but....couldn't quite get into it. Got m EA account linked to the Keep, so I'll be making those choices soon.

21. X Knight

X Knight Hope

I hope the next Dragon Age turns out better than DAI.

despite being a bigger world to explore, DAI feels more "restrictive" in terms of gameplay mechanics and skills/spells/specs choices.

I still enjoyed DAO the most out of the 3 DA games.

22. BrollySupersj

I'm disappointed to see that headgear is hidden during conversations. I'm so annoyed by choices like that. They didn't do it for Mass Effect.

23. Drz

Drz Real Hero

I have to agree X Knight that DAO had better choices and you could take a darker path easily in DAO and you also had a risk of loosing characters.

The only character I ever lost in DAI was Blackwall and Sera can get kicked off at any given moment, but also the game never lets me stab anyone. :( Except the Empress, almost!

24. Spidey-Bat

After playing DAI and going back to the others (I played Legacy after and am replaying Origins), it feels like the game is only 75% done.

I think they improved the Warrior and Rogue classes to be more diverse. The Mage class is ok but the early game is a struggle since you need a lot of points to get some good spells.

The rest of it just feels like it's incomplete. Go watch that E3(?) demo from a couple years ago that's in Crestwood. That was cut but looks more fun than most of the things in the game. There are few non-campaign missions where you have to make a choice. When you do, it feels like it doesn't matter. A lot of quests are MMO-fetch quests of "collect X" or "kill Y."

Crafting is fun but I hate games where loot is RNG. You can go the entire game never finding a good schematic. I think the Black Emporium added some so you can buy them, but money is pretty hard to find in the game.

Plot-wise, the game feels like it's missing a third act. After Haven, you pretty much just start beating Corypheus. This is why I wish it was possible for the Inquisitor to die/sacrifice themselves. Even though Corypheus began losing once you took over Skyhold, he still always had to means to achieve his goal.

The best part of the game is the companions, including the advisors. While I miss the Friendship/Rivalry mechanic of DA2, I enjoyed interacting with each of them (except Sera). I actually want to go through multiple playthroughs to have a romance with some of them.

I'm hoping there's some DLC that gives some more answers (and questions) about the lore with the Elven gods, something like an expanded version of Witch Hunt [blackout]featuring Solas[/blackout].

I still like the game but I think it's more for the DA fan since the best parts are the companions and integrating more of the lore in the campaign. I'm replaying DAO now so I can import the choices into Inquisition so I have more of an investment.

Which is why I would have loved to see them keep the "Divine Heretic" ending where you can become Divine as a male Qunari.

25. BrollySupersj

My copy has a bit of a texture problem. Lots of pop in details.