Dragonball HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to. Then I realized the Plot is always the same and Ash doesn't age. I enjoy Digimon a lot more.

Yes, that's the same reason I gave up on Pokemon, and I also enjoyed Digimon more.

Now a DBZ question. Did Vegeta achieve SSJ2 before he became Majin or when he became Majin Vegeta? I don't remember if they explained this or not.

Thank you for answering!

Do you know which episode we find this out?
There isn't one. During the 7 year gap between the end of the Cell games and the Buu saga Vegeta had been training and eventually reached SS2.

It's never even stated or shown him turning SSJ2 prior to his Majin possession, you have to read between the lines a lot. Goku estimates Dabura as being on par with Cell, and Vegeta is very confident that he could wipe the floor with him. Vegeta states himself though that even though he had trained as hard as he could, there was still a massive gap between himself and Goku which he realised when Goku turned SSJ2 against Yakkon. Goku had clearly maxed out, or was close to it, SSJ2 because he had achieved SSJ3, so Vegeta used Babidi to close that gap for him. So Vegeta must've been at the lower end of SSJ2 before becoming Majin.

Yeah pretty much. He was able to go SS2 before the Majin deal but he certainly wasn't near Goku's level because of the reasons you gave.

No one likes pokemon here? :/
When i was younger, i still like the games but the anime is bad, i was very surprised when i discovered the manga Pokemon Adventures, which has a much better story.

First series was awesome, some of the early episodes still are. Orange Islands had its moments but they were few and far between. Johto league was still pretty good but everything since has been terrible.

Have to agree that Digimon is miles better! The first three series are all fantastic. Havn't seen anything past Tamers though.

It's never even stated or shown him turning SSJ2 prior to his Majin possession, you have to read between the lines a lot. Goku estimates Dabura as being on par with Cell, and Vegeta is very confident that he could wipe the floor with him. Vegeta states himself though that even though he had trained as hard as he could, there was still a massive gap between himself and Goku which he realised when Goku turned SSJ2 against Yakkon. Goku had clearly maxed out, or was close to it, SSJ2 because he had achieved SSJ3, so Vegeta used Babidi to close that gap for him. So Vegeta must've been at the lower end of SSJ2 before becoming Majin.

Thanks for the explanation!

I still haven't picked up this season on DVD, so I'll have to find my old VHS's and watch these.

When i was younger, i still like the games but the anime is bad, i was very surprised when i discovered the manga Pokemon Adventures, which has a much better story.

I've heard good things about the manga. Where do I start with it?

I'm collecting the vhs tapes of the first season of Pokemon. It's not as amazing from when I was a kid, but it's a good nostalgia trip.

I heard a new DBZ movie is going to hit the Japanese theaters this Fall. Is this True?

anyone know where i can find the Shonen Jump Library 1 in decent quality for a decent price? i had this thing a long time ago, but someone burned it, and i've been searching for a good copy of it, but im starting to run dry on this... any help in finding a decent copy would be greatly appreciated :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if you guys havent read any of the non Daizenshuu books, they're amazing, and the art quality is beyond superb... the Daizenshuu books are great as well, as it is based in the episodes of Dragon Ball/Z/GT. i encourage all of you die-hard fans to do your best and buy them.

Last edited:
i also recently bought some replicas of Dragonballs, the ones that are featured on strapya-world.com... when i get them, i will review them on here

update:

if you guys are looking for the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box sets, i know Walmart is selling #3, 5, 6 & 7 for roughly $28 each, and if you pick them up via your nearest store, you dont have to pay shipping and handling, just tax...
Dragon Box 2 is difficult to find that's cheap (the cheapest i saw on amazon was $1389 new, $600 used), however discountmoviesale.com is selling #2 for aprox. $41 with tax included, and considering the other options, Amazon and Ebay, that's a great price. Still trying to find #1 & 4... if any of you don't have those seasons, I would definitely recommend that you jump on that deal ASAP. It's the cheapest place I've seen them being sold currently

i also found that Shonen Anime Jump Library guide through ebay for $14.70... when i get it, I'll try and get some scans on here. I dont have an actual scanner available, but i do have an iPad, so that'll be how i'll post pictures.
when i get the officially release of the Bandai version of those Dragon balls, i'll post a side-by-side comparison of each...

anyone else have the Dragon Boxes? if so, what are your thoughts on these specific releases considering the "remastered" orange bricks they released a while back, and the now discontinued blu-ray sets Dragon Ball Z 1.1-2.1?

I have the complete sets of Dragonball and DBZ.... Im gonna have to rewatch them soon

concerning DBZ, are they the orange bricks or the dragon boxes?

I only have one orange brick, and it's my favorite season too. Haven't watched it in a while. Might do that later tonight.

Used to. Then I realized the Plot is always the same and Ash doesn't age. I enjoy Digimon a lot more.
The Pokemon Adventures manga on the other hand is everything the anime should have been, good and likeable characters that grow and Red (the manga's version of Ash) is badass.

Anybody heard of the upcoming Dragon Ball: Battle of the Gods film?

Dbzmovie2013promo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"