Dream Team League (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
So what do you mean by one big list?? Is there a round for each category or something? I'm so confused... :(
No, any type of character can get selected anytime. For instance, if you are picking 16th overall, and most of the big ubers are already gone, then you could take a non-uber character, like Batman, if you'd like and just pick up some ubers later on in the draft.
And by big list, I mean just that. One big list ranking characters from 1st to whatever number you wish. When your pick comes around the top available character on your list will be selected.
Hope that clears it up alittle for ya Corpy. :D

And sorry spideywill, but no deaths. :p

Updated Team List
1) Myself
2) DBM
3) the defenders
4) Donnie Darko
5) Lactophiliac
6) TheCorpulent1
7) wiegeabo
8) Thanos
9) Punishermax
10) Union Jack
11) The Thurman
12) JewishHobbit
13) TheAvenger
14) spideywill
15) Cuthbert

So far...so good. Need at least one more team, though 20 would be ideal.

Well, you did ask to be, right?
Your name being on the list should answer that question for you. :p :D

Originally posted by Johnny Blaze
So far...so good. Need at least one more team, though 20 would be ideal.

Why would 20 be ideal? Just wondering

Originally posted by Cuthbert
Cheers , When do you want the payment , I mean List.
Whenever you get around to it.

And 20 would be ideal, because that way I could do 10 teams per conference and make things more interesting...specially when it gets close to the playoffs. :D

I'm thinking 16 would be perfect. 2 conferences (ie AFC, NFC or National League, American League) and in the 2 conferences there could be 2 divisions (ie. East, West etc) of 4 teams. That way, the top 2 from each division play in the playoffs and then the two Conference Champs play for the Championship. Just a thought.

This league should be set up like the NFL, cause technically this is a sport kinda. So if there are 16 teams then 8 for a conference, 2 divisions in each conference, then 2 teams from each division should go into the playoffs, or the winner of each division and then go by their record for the other 2 leading into the super bowl of this league.....also how many superheroes should I include on my list?

Originally posted by punishermax
This league should be set up like the NFL, cause technically this is a sport kinda. So if there are 16 teams then 8 for a conference, 2 divisions in each conference, then 2 teams from each division should go into the playoffs, or the winner of each division and then go by their record for the other 2 leading into the super bowl of this league.....also how many superheroes should I include on my list?

So basically exactly what Thanos just said?

Yes, exactly, what he just said, i dumbed it down for some people who dont know, plus i just typed what came to mind, didnt read all th threads, but sorry, also how many "games" or matches are gonna be in the regular season.

Originally posted by punishermax
also how many superheroes should I include on my list?
As many as you like. :)

And, as for the playoffs, I was planning on doing it like the NFL with 6 teams per conference. The two division winners would recieve a bye for the first round, and the other 4 would go against each other.
But...that may not happen seeing as how there'd have to be at least 20 teams for it to be done right. If that is the case, I'll just cut it at 16 and do the 4 teams per conference playoffs like Baseball.

Alright, I've been thinking and this is what I'm gonna do. To make making a big list less of a pain in the ass, I'm going to split the draft into two days (Rounds 1-4=day 1; rounds 5-7=day 2).

After the first four round of the draft, I will put it on pause and post up the recap for day 1, where you'll all be able to see the selections and such. Then, I'll get another, smaller, list from you for the remaining rounds for day 2.

How's that sound? :D

I'm getting a headache reading and trying to understand all this so I'm just gonna make a large list and leave the details to you Johnny ol pal.

Johnny, can you work with what I sent you or do I need to make a new one?

I hope the order of picking isnt from the dates we joined. RANDOM.

He's putting names into a hat and drawing the order that way. Is the order ever going to change? Like either with each pick or the half way point when we make a new list?

I'm thinking Johnny B is going to do the "snake" draft. Whoever picks 1st in the 1st round picks 16 in the 2nd round and whoever picks 16th in the 1st round picks 1st in the 2nd round. It's probably the only way to do it fairly.

Originally posted by Thanos
I'm thinking Johnny B is going to do the "snake" draft. Whoever picks 1st in the 1st round picks 16 in the 2nd round and whoever picks 16th in the 1st round picks 1st in the 2nd round. It's probably the only way to do it fairly.
Yep, that be the way I was plannin' it. :D

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Johnny, can you work with what I sent you or do I need to make a new one?
Well, one big list combining your little lists would be best.

do you still have my list, cuz I don't remember it

Hey Jables, did you get my new list? It's all aquiver with consolidation and everything...

I just sent you a list of heros for my team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"