Dream Team League Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
With the closing of the old Transactions thread comes the opening of the brand new Dream Team League Transactions thread.

Remember, this thread is only for Transactions, Trades, and other Front Office moves. Quick discussion is ok, but take any long discussions into either the Discussions thread, or the Rankings Thread.

Yeah, can somebody update my roster since I dropped Prometheus and pickedup Byakko DM? :)

Oooo shiny new thread.

Anyway....are votes still open?if so id like to post my votes in the threads if you hang fire for a while so i can read em all etc.

I'm thinking of ways to kill Khell for making the DTL into a racket.

EDIT: Replying to that in the Discussion thread to keep down clutter...

Hey Wiegs, can you update my roster with Agent ! (DR) replacing Crimson Avenger II (DR)?

To repost:
Tentative week 5 line-up against the Last Chancers:
Team Alpha Wolf Squadron
Quasar (MU)
Thor (MU)
Steel (DM)
Baron Zemo (MR)
Karate Kid (DR)

Remembering a discussion between myself and Gog...

Drop - The Engineer (Armageddon) (DM)
Pick Up - Superman One Million (All Star) (DU)

OMG lol!!!!111

Since Khell picked up a character I spent weeks arguing for being legal and even made a massive respect thread on another board for and thinks that's totally classy, even though people who argue for such characters and what not are supposed to get the first go at them. :up:

Seemingly wasn't weakened by being away from his native universe either, as opposed to normal Superman One Million who remarked moments after being in the normal DC universe that he could feel the "tug" of gravity and that he was weakening.

X wins!

Notice

I am quitting the DTL with immediate effect. I feel the fun of it has been drained completely out of it.And the character ranges and powers being allowed is getting way out of hand. The fact that we have less than a week to fully research a character (and to fully research you would need to read all appearances) it makes it impossible to write in character or debate accurately against an opponent.

Good Luck to everyone and I hope you all have fun.

Yeah, we've been asking each other for character information we're not knowledgeable on for years here, Nightwing.

Whatever. Another AS style knee jerk quitting.

I agree with 'Wing on the pace. I seem to be straining to keep up (because of other things), which is why I think we should add a couple of extra days to each week once we get back from the holidays.

So, if that will help you out Nightwing, please stick around.

Drop - Zatanna (DU)
Pick Up - Amazo (Atom, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Black Canary, Green Lantern, and Firestorm) (DU)

Should we try and recruit a couple more team owners to replace the BYE team and Nightwing's team, if Nightwing chooses not to stay?

Well it isnt just the whole information thing.Even a couple of days wouldnt give us enough time to research a character.

It get sold listening to the same old excuses in a debate 'when has that character ever done that?'

Its the DTL.Its made up.That was the whole idea of the creative writing thing and not the whole debate thing.ITs our interpretation.The amounts of times that poeple have slated Crossovers cos they were too unbelievable...ie Superman one punching Hulk etc...the DTL was our way of expressing how we thought the matches would pan out.

We're not meant to be,imo, writing an example of a power used in a comic and changing who they hit in that with our opponent.

I was abit reserved when the whole debate thing got introduced at the beginning of this season.I, like LV, much prefer the whole story thing and to me it was the story that help sway it for me. Yes it had to be believable in some sense. For instance Batman wouldnt one hit KO Doomsday but if someone wrote a story or battle of Batman facing Doomsday and giving him all he had to slow him down then that wouldve been cool to read....

Now I could quite easily do a AS and rejoin tomorrow saying life got in the way,which to some extents it has, but im not going to. For me its not the Dream Team League anymore. Cos my Dream Team wouldnt get its ass handed to it every week. We shouldnt be going off past mass feats.It should be creative writing.

I remember reading some of Corp's write ups in previous seasons and loved them cos not only did they hit the power sets of their characters but it also kept me interested. If i was to face half of the teams in this with my line up in a debate style I would probably be writing that my team gets wiped out. Like this weeks with Catman. His team in terms of powers and abilities were counter-able by my entire team and I still get bull**** called on it. But when would anyone ever see these battles in a comic? They wouldnt. It was my interpretation of my team winning. Going off bios of my team and (the Juggernaut thing in particular) it says that he is invulnerable from death so how can a guy invulnerable from death, die? You cant call bull**** on my ideas. Now unless this thing gets back to its creative writing thing then I cant see it lasting unless you have a major comic knowledge.

LV was close to quitting from the start and I think she only competes for the writing side.I dont think shes in it to win it. We've lost a few people before week 5 cos they thought it was stupid. This isnt CoM its the DTL.We never debated before and people just voted.

And as for X trying his luck with every tuber character he can get his hands on...well thats just taking the ****.They were tuber for a reason and should be left that way.You have a choice of thousands of characters already legal.Stop getting characters that A,you know cant be beat and B, your never gonna use to their full potential.

Drop - Zatanna (DU)
Pick Up - Amazo (Atom, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Black Canary, Green Lantern, and Firestorm) (DU)

Should we try and recruit a couple more team owners to replace the BYE team and Nightwing's team, if Nightwing chooses not to stay?

This is the kind of thing im talking about. Amazo has 7 characters abilties...add those to the four other characters he chooses for his line up and youve got 11 characters in effect. Not to mention the guy is impossible to beat.Its just getting ridiculous.I wouldnt be surprised if by the end of this season X is starting a debate to get Galactus allowed.

And as for X trying his luck with every tuber character he can get his hands on...well thats just taking the ****.They were tuber for a reason and should be left that way.You have a choice of thousands of characters already legal.Stop getting characters that A,you know cant be beat and B, your never gonna use to their full potential.

Quit your ****ing crying.

I JUST dropped Amazo. Not a ****ing soul told me to.

I got rid of BION before he was even deemed too uber.

Khell had Superman One Million before me.

But please, feel free to continue the bed wetting.

This is the kind of thing im talking about. Amazo has 7 characters abilties...add those to the four other characters he chooses for his line up and youve got 11 characters in effect. Not to mention the guy is impossible to beat.Its just getting ridiculous.I wouldnt be surprised if by the end of this season X is starting a debate to get Galactus allowed.

OMG lol u'r right!!!1

Because, you know... I did such a thing. Or anything approaching it. Not. :up:

Now I could quite easily do a AS and rejoin tomorrow saying life got in the way,which to some extents it has, but im not going to. For me its not the Dream Team League anymore. Cos my Dream Team wouldnt get its ass handed to it every week. We shouldnt be going off past mass feats.It should be creative writing.

And the issue couldn't possibly just be that there are better writers than you in the League, right?

I'm hearing so, SO much about these conspiracy theories lately.

Quit your ****ing crying.

I JUST dropped Amazo. Not a ****ing soul told me to.

I got rid of BION before he was even deemed too uber.

Khell had Superman One Million before me.

But please, feel free to continue the bed wetting.

Well how noble of you to drop them before you realised you were talking out of your ar** about them. You know full well that all three of those, before you even started debating them, were too uber. You just chance it cos you think because youve read all their appearances and you know them so well that youll try impress folk with your knowledge and start a debate on them. I mean come on...half the time in your debates you brag about who theyve taken out...its like you contradict yourself and wonder why everyone tells you to shut the hell up. And if im not mistaken one person did leave pretty much because of your bull**** calls on who should be allowed and who shouldnt.

And the amount of times we have to see

X said:
Can someone give me feedback?

Just so you can make that fat little head of yours grow bigger when they say 'wow X you got everything spot on'

Believe it or not X but there are people here who want to just vote. Not blow smoke up your ass all day.

And the issue couldn't possibly just be that there are better writers than you in the League, right?

I'm hearing so, SO much about these conspiracy theories lately.

Who writes anymore? Noone. They all debate. But yes there were better writers but sometimes those who werent as knowledged or as good a writer still ended up winning matches...but people didnt care about losing back then cos it was fun...

but you most of all seem to have sucked the fun out of it.And also it got really tiresome reading about you living out some twisted fantasy's that you have with boys/men/your mum etc. There is a time and a place for that kind of stuff and these forums isnt that time or that place.

This is the kind of thing im talking about. Amazo has 7 characters abilties...add those to the four other characters he chooses for his line up and youve got 11 characters in effect.
No you don't, because Amazo doesn't have their levels of expertise.

Nightwing said:
Not to mention the guy is impossible to beat.
Which is why he always loses?

Look man, if you want to leave, that's fine, but don't **** all over me about it. I've had my beefs with some of the characters allowed in too--Stark Supreme? Doomsday/Brainiac? Frankly, I think my Amazo might be the only thing that COULD beat a Doomsday/Brainiac, the way Tim and all of his voters have been talking. And how hard it is it to EMP the **** out of an Amazo, and take him out like that? And there are plenty of other methods that have been used to take out Amazo--not least just BEATING THE LIVING **** OUT OF HIM.

Fact of the matter is, Nightwing, I'm with you on the other thing. We should be extrapolating from the comics. There should obviously be textual support, but we should be making this thing our own. That's become a recurring theme in a lot of what I've said and discussed and debated, whether it's about allowable characters, feedback in matches, or in my own writeup. But it has been readily apparent to me that if it didn't happen at least 30-40 times in the comics, explicitly, it's pretty hard to get anyone to buy it in the DTL.

Could we compromise, and say one round of writeups, one round of responses, and one round of counter-responses?

Like each owner posts a writeup. Then each owner rebuts the other's writeup. Then each owner rebuts the rebuttal. And it's done. Then everyone votes, no more feedback, no more arguing, no more debating. A civil tone would be striven for.

Anyone who wanted feedback about why they lost or whatever could find out in the Discussion thread.

Yes? No?

Drop - Zatanna (DU)

Apparently this is rubbing Nightwing the wrong way. Wiegs, you did say this was fine, am I right? Specifically, Nightwing seems bothered by the inclusion of J'onn and Firestorm. If I instead drafted the powersets of Atom, Hawkman, Aquaman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Aztek, and Green Lantern (1 Reg, 2 Meds, 2 unranked reg/meds, 2 Ubers), would it be allowable? In the interest of reaching out to those who fear a power creep, I'll go ahead and make that switch right now, regardless of whether Wiegs demands it of me.

Drop - Zatanna (DU)
Pick Up - Amazo (Atom, Hawkman, Aquaman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Aztek, and Green Lantern) (DU)

Also, Wiegs, I'm still not for sure if I'm allowed to do this with a Kid Amazo or not?

Remembering a discussion between myself and Gog...

Drop - The Engineer (Armageddon) (DM)
Pick Up - Superman One Million (All Star) (DU)

OMG lol!!!!111

Since Khell picked up a character I spent weeks arguing for being legal and even made a massive respect thread on another board for and thinks that's totally classy, even though people who argue for such characters and what not are supposed to get the first go at them. :up:

Seemingly wasn't weakened by being away from his native universe either, as opposed to normal Superman One Million who remarked moments after being in the normal DC universe that he could feel the "tug" of gravity and that he was weakening.

X wins!
Haha! You yourself used what happened in All-Star Superman to argue for Superman M*. And now you want to separate them? Nice.

Taking this over to the Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"