Driveclub

Well, they at least kept their promise I guess. Good on them, but damn are they behind :funny:

that would've been a kick to the face at everyone who bought the full game at launch.

how? Thats been the business model for every title that has been put on Plus (except ones that come release day) since 2010

how? Thats been the business model for every title that has been put on Plus (except ones that come release day) since 2010
no, not every game on psplus has a special psplus edition promised at launch alongside the full retail game.

no, not every game on psplus has a special psplus edition promised at launch alongside the full retail game.

And they failed to meet that promise. It's 8-9 months later. It doesn't affect launch buyers if they put the thing for free on Plus now outside of potential server overload. Every early adopter of a game has to deal with the chance that said game will be free in a few months/year. When it happens, oh well bc that's just how it works. I don't get upset whenever something I buy ends up in there

And they failed to meet that promise. It's 8-9 months later. It doesn't affect launch buyers if they put the thing for free on Plus now outside of potential server overload. Every early adopter of a game has to deal with the chance that said game will be free in a few months/year. When it happens, oh well bc that's just how it works. I don't get upset whenever something I buy ends up in there
well that's you. and it doesn't matter if every other person who bought the game wouldn't be upset about it either, the point is this game sold millions and making the whole thing free less than a year after it was released would be giving those people who paid full price the shaft. the psplus version was there to give people a limited experience for free alongside the full one but such things don't exist with all 1st party games that are offered on psplus.

havok, what I'm trying to say is making driveclub a psplus game is rewarding all the people who were waiting for the psplus edition of the game, and it is of no benefit to those who paid the game in full in the first place. when I first thought about this, way back when I think I contemplated purchasing the game myself (which I did, and I enjoy this game) I agreed with what you were saying, but then I realized it wouldn't be right.

Finally finished the damn Venom Hot Lap events of the game, easily the hardest ones in the game. It must have been over 150 laps total and Venom Hot Lap 2 is even worse because it's in the Elements grid so it has harsh stormy weather and the roads are so damn slick. I've only read nightmare stories about these events, especially the 2nd so I'm glad I got them done so I can enjoy the rest of the game.

I beat the Venom Hot Lap 1 by just .013 seconds with 1:15.987. I'm sure I could beat my time but I'm done with that one. Then in the even harder VHL-2 I beat it by .061 seconds, whew. I love this game but f**k those events ha. Saved them both but here's Venom Hot Lap 2.

You can bet money that on both runs I got when I hit the final straightaway I was like

iIIYSbjv3MnR4.gif

:funny:

The Elements DLC has one of the most ridiculous racing events I've ever had to do in a game. It's pretty baffling to me honestly because it just doesn't make any sense. I get that it's a stormy weather DLC but nothing about it passes logic or anything. I'm not b**tching about a challenge in a game but asking a serious question, were these people snorting cocaine when creating this event? The AI breezes through corners like it's a normal sunny day, visibility basically hits 0 after lap 2, the weather just doesn't affect any of these other racers' cars at all. It was unbelievable.

I was able to get 1st in the Championship event and I really like this game, but that was one of the toughest races I've ever played. F**k that Elements event, big time. Here's video of me finishing the event in 2nd which got me the points I needed to get 1st in the overall event. After Lap 2, just like the video title, you can't see S**T.

The Elements DLC has one of the most ridiculous racing events I've ever had to do in a game. It's pretty baffling to me honestly because it just doesn't make any sense. I get that it's a stormy weather DLC but nothing about it passes logic or anything. I'm not b**tching about a challenge in a game but asking a serious question, were these people snorting cocaine when creating this event? The AI breezes through corners like it's a normal sunny day, visibility basically hits 0 after lap 2, the weather just doesn't affect any of these other racers' cars at all. It was unbelievable.

I was able to get 1st in the Championship event and I really like this game, but that was one of the toughest races I've ever played. F**k that Elements event, big time. Here's video of me finishing the event in 2nd which got me the points I needed to get 1st in the overall event. After Lap 2, just like the video title, you can't see S**T.
I think the graphical prowess of elements is what's supposed to make it worth it.

How was this game overall?

How was this game overall?
I personally love it. I have since Day 1, actually. I do think it can get frustrating at times, mainly because of the AI. I have no problem with the physics of the game and handling because every racing game should feel different and you adjust. But for a game trying to pretend to be a sim racer there’s no need for such harsh rubberbanding. I know most racing games have rubberband AI but it can get frustrating at times, especially on the harder events like the ones I put above.

Either way, I think it’s a solid 8 from me. I bought the season pass when it first came out and there is so much content now (I’ve seen people with 25% platinums on this game :funny:, that’s how much DLC there is ha) and I’m really enjoying it. It’s too bad the game didn’t have a smooth launch but I think it’s one of the best games available for PS4. I’m interested in getting Project CARS as well but my friend I play DC with says he can’t stand it. I might pick it up later down the line but I think DC is great. It’ll probably be my next platinum.

Anyways, some funny stuff I uploaded last night :up:

Me spinning out in the rain and recovering like a bossAnd me pulling a perfect kickflip over 3 cars. :funny:

Can't see the videos right now (on phone) but that's good to hear. Is this the leading racer on PS4 now? What happened to Gran Turismo? Haven't heard anything about that for ages (although I'm probably out of the loop).

It would seem like it was the leading racer for PS4, but at the same time, it's all about personal preference. I'm not a huge fan of sim racers and I like some arcade mixed in with sim presentation and visuals and so DC is perfect for me. If you want a straight sim I think Project CARS would make you happy. There's a lot more customization in there as well.

I was never sold on The Crew even after playing the beta and so I never paid much attention to it. I'm also not a fan of how you have to be online to play that which is crazy to me. I think it's on sale for $20 at the moment and there's a chance I might cave and get it since I loved Driver SF for PS3 and it's the same people that made that. I enjoyed NFS Rivals a lot but we've all been there and done that in the NFS world. There's a new rebooted NFS coming out soon so I'm keeping my eyes open for that, but I was invredibly disappointed to hear something along the lines of that game being always online as well.

I have no idea what the plans are for Gran Turismo on new-gen, I don't think I've even seen any news on that. I do hope they follow up with something after DC though. I'd like that but after all the troubles the game had it seems unlikely.

Of those I think Drive Club is the one I'm most interested in. What were the probs with GT?

Of those I think Drive Club is the one I'm most interested in. What were the probs with GT?
Hmm, I never mentioned anything about problems with Gran Turismo? I do know it takes them years to make a new GT game though, maybe they're already working on one and we won't see it for a couple years or something ha. Edit: Just looked on Wikipedia and I see that it was confirmed that GT7 would come out about a year or 2 from 2013. So this year? I doubt this year but maybe next?

There's a watered down version of DC free right now so you could always try that out if you have PS+. I do hear that it's frustrating because you only have access to 11 cars and you tend to get your ass kicked more often since you're going against tough AI with faster cars. I also don't know what events they give you in the PS+ version but I have a hunch they get a little rain-crazy with putting that in your face with showing off the amazing weather effects so that might annoy some people ha.

Last edited:
Oh sorry I misread, you said troubles with Drive Club.

I play on by brother-in-law's or neighbour's PS4 (don't own one myself) so I don't mind about a limited selection of cars. Cool with me if they want to throw all their fancy weather effects at me lol. I really want to see how good they look and how the cars handle in bad weather.

Well, the problems with DC were that the online component of the game was mostly broken when released. You could still play offline but the main idea of the game and creating your clubs and such was inaccessible for a couple weeks I think. When you add the fact that the game was already delayed almost a year was pretty embarrassing.

The weather effects also didn't come for another 2 months I think after the game was released. The update history on this game is one of the longest and most comprehensive of all the games I have on PS4 though :funny: I do appreciate the effort they put in to put out more content and make the game as good as possible, with as much extra time they had in development I don't see why so much had to come in late because it really does feel like a much better game when compared to launch.

There's a sale on PSN, The PS+ version along with the DLC for just $20. Not bad, although I never played the game and I'm not sure how much added content is there. I'm considering getting it, but I'm not a huge racing fan either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"