DTL Season 4-Week 5 (Set 4)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: Stargate Atlantis base

The Collective POWdER of the Superegos
Shaman (What If . . . ?) (MM)
Disruptor (DM)
Prometheus (DR)
Aztek (DR)
Morph (eXiles) (MR)

VS.

The Underdogs
Doctor Druid (MM)
Vision 2.0 (MM)
Captain America (MR)
Blue Beetle (DR)
Booster Gold (DR)

Devastating Silence
Gorilla Grodd (DM)
Namor (MM)
Blink (MR)
Plastic Man (Dark Knight Strikes Back) (DR)
Tap (DR)

VS.

Justice Society
Aquaman (w/ Waterbearer Hand) (DM)
Comet Man (MM)
Hawkman (DR)
Valkyrie (MR)
Devil Slayer (MR)

punishermax said:
Could I get some info on Tap, please.

Assistant of the villain Roulette, owner of the House - a gambling club for super-villains. Tap was responsible for the Arena, where super-heroes were pitted against each other to fight to their deaths. Tap had the power to diminish their powers to make the fights more equal. He was killed by a War Hound of Apokolips running amuck.

I think AS had some more in his battle thread for last week's match.

Prep Time

Aquaman
Comet Man
Valkyrie
Devil Slayer
Hawkman

The Justice Society assemble.

Hawkman: What? Where is Beta Ray Bill? And Vartox? This is twice now we've entered a battle without them.

Beckley: Twice?

Hawkman: Yes, our last battle, you weren't there either.

Beckley: Really, wow.

Payne: Where....where am I.

Hawkman: Hmmm...a battle of champions of sort.

Payne: Ah, yes, I remember these.

Arthur: This is my first battle in a while.

Hawkman: Yeah, haven't seen you in a while.

Valkyrie: How are you Eric.

Payne: Very good, Brunnhilda, and you.

Valkyrie: I am also fine.

Hawkman: Devil Slayer, what are your skills.

Devil Slayer then inputs his powers into the members of his team telepathically.

Payne: Those.

Arthur: Wow, you can pu....

Payne: Yes, I can. Anything I want.

Arthur: I could've used that a few times.

Beckley: I think all of us could.

Arthur: What is this place?

Beckley: It appears to be from the show Stargate: Atlantis.

Arthur: What's a Stargate?

Beckley: It's a show on the Sci Fi channel it's.....

Hawkman: I don't think it matters where we are.

Arthur: Always cranky, huh, Carter.

Hawkman: No, I just hate that show. You would too, of course, if you got cable underwater.

Arthur: Well, they've used the name of my home.

Hawkman: Anyways, let's have a look at our opponents.

Arthur: Gorrila Grodd....he could be a problem.

Payne: Me and Comet Man's telepathy should be enough to shield the rest of you from him.

Payne: Namor, prince of Atlantis.

Arthur: What!? He's not prince.....Oh yeah, different universe.

Beckley: He has flight, superstrength.

Arthur: Leave him for me. Atlantis vs. Atlantis in, uh, Atlantis.

Beckley: Blink?

He get's no response from the team.

Beckley: Well, I guess we'll find out during the battle.

Hawkman: Tap, he has the ability to negate the powers of metas.

Valkyrie: I'll take him. My strength is natural and based on my physiology, not science or magic.

Hawkman: That leaves Plastic Man.

Beckley: Plastic Man?

Payne: From Hawkman's mind, he is much like our universe's Reed Richards. I'll take him.

Hawkman: Now, that just leaves strategy, and how we are going to walk away from this fight.

Beckley: The other team appears to be just as depowered as we are.

Hawkman: Yes, I'm hoping who or whatever is running this thing is having fun with our lives.

Beckley: It truly is a sick joke.

The Society then spends the rest of the evening mapping out every possible strategy for the next day's battle.

Pre-Battle

lets get to the point...

info on all of'm

all dc info comes from tap and marvel from blink... only info not known. the water bearer hand. done.

I put bios on my prep time, you asked for them so I just qouted myself to show you.

only asking for info on atlantis. if i need info on your team i'd look at the links

Voting may now begin....

The Collective POWdER of the Superegoes: 1
The Underdogs: 0

The Justice Society arrive for the battle.

Comet Man: Wow, this place really looks cool.

Aquaman: The water surrounding the area is a definite advantage for me.

Valkyrie: As it is for Namor.

Payne: I sense our opponents draw near.

Just then Blink teleports in and knocks down Cometman and Payne.

Payne: Watch out for her pins, she can teleport you with them.

Blink throws a few pins at the rest of the team, but Payne is able to erect a TK bubble around the team as she does.

Comet Man then blasts Blink a concussive blast before she is able to teleport away.

Gorilla Grodd comes crashing down by the team, and he tries some mental strikes, but the combined mental blocks provided by Devil Slayer and Comet Man prove too much for now.

Aquaman can sense Namor and takes to the water realizing that is where he went. Meanwhile, Hawkman takes to the air looking for Tap as he realizes he and Valkyrie could take him ou since their powers are natural, with the exception of the Nth metal.

Comet Man vs. Blink

Blink keeps trying to hit Comet Man but Comet Man's teleportation skills are as good as hers. Even when she does hit Beckley with a pin, he just teleports right back.
Beckley is able to keep the advantage though with his concussive blast and TK powers. He does eventually wear Blink down and is able to knock her unconcious with a concussive blast at point blank range.

Valkyrie vs. Plastic Man

Valkyrie finds Plastic Man bouncing towards her as a big ball. She moves out of the way, but he then stretches out one of his arms and grasps her and takes her for a ride.
When he eventually lets go Valkyrie is dizzy. He then wraps himself around her trying to draw the breath out of her. But she is ablt to raise Dragonfang at the right moment and slice herself free. Valkryie is doing all she can but she knows she has to avoid Plastic Man so she take rfuge in a nearby building.

Devil Slayer vs. Gorilla Grodd

Grodd and Payne both try mental attacks. Neither is budging. Grodd then charges Payne, but Eric is able to pull a sword out of his cloak and slice Grodd with it. The damage is minimal and Grodd fights on.
Payne then is the one that charges but right before he gets to Grodd he jumps in the air, Grodd expected this and when Payne gets closer, Grodd nails him with a massive fist to the head. Payne falls to the ground, and for a split second Grodd is able to get into the head of Eric, but Eric fights it off.
Grodd and Payne then both charge each other, but Eric sidesteps Grodd and wraps Grodd with his cloak sending Grodd to a pocket dimension where he cannot get out.

Aquaman vs. Namor

Both men meet in the water. Both charging at each other at amazing speeds in the water. They both realize they are equals and try all they can to defeat the other.
Namor grabs a hold of Arthur and pushes him down farther into the depths but Arthur comes back and swims full force into Namor sending Namor crashing into a wall beneath the water. Both men grasp each other and a struggle ensues. Aquaman then hardens his mystical hand and clubs Namor with it, he then wraps it around Namor and he then swims both of them full force out of the water and on to the land.
Arthur knows in the water both are equal but on land he'll take his chances that he's the better of the two. Namor and Aquaman battle for a period of time, sending each other crashing into buildings. Namor tries jumping back into the water but Aquaman is able to grasp him with his hand and pull Namor back in.
Namor hits Arthur with all he has, Arthur is rocked but the punch was not as hard as the earlier ones. Again, Namr tries retreating to the water.
Arthur thinks to himself for a moment about when he needed to be immersed in water every now and then or else his body would start failing. He deduces the same thing would happen to Namor so he grabs Namor once again, and slams Namor into the pavement.
Arthur figures the longer he can keep Namor on land, the easier it will be to win the fight. After a few more blows Namor is weaker than he has ever been. Aquaman then gives Namor the battle ending blow. Namor lies on the pavement, out cold.

Hawkman vs. Tap

Tap is absolutelty no match for Hawkman, Hawkman wins.

Justice Society vs. Plastic Man

Plastic Man is looking for Valkyrie when he is nailed by a bunch of daggers thrown by Payne. All the daggers bounce off. Hawkman swoops down by Comet Man. He talks to Comet Man. Comet Man then tells everyone to back off, they do and Comet Man teleports over to Plastic Man, grabs him and teleports PLastic Man into space.

Justice Society wins again.

Not my best, but I was strapped for time this weekend.

The Collective POWdER of the Superegos: 1
The Underdogs: 0

Devastating Silence: 1
Justice Society: 5

My votes are:
The Collective POWdER of the Superegos 2
The Underdogs 1

Devastating Silence 1
Justice Society 5

Final scores are:

The Collective POWdER of the Superegos 4
The Underdogs 1