DTL Season 4-Week 9 (Set 1)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: A Borg Cube

The New Superfriends
Silver Surfer (DU)
Dr. Fate IV (Hector Hall) (DU)
Vision (MM)
Gravity (MR)
Aztek (DR)

VS.

Chaos & Order
Silver Surfer (Earth M) (MU)
Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson) (DU)
Vision (eXiles) (MM)
Proctor (MR)
Scarlet Spider(MR)

The Incorrigible Punkasses
Thor (MU)
Loki (MU)
Hadrian (DM)
Ambrose Chase (DR)
Silent Majority (DR)

VS.

Justice Knights
Dr. Strange (MU)
Juggernaut (MU)
Captain Britain (MM)
Spider-Man (Iron Spidey) (MR)
Batman (DR)

Prep-Time

Proctor: "This battle appears to be extremely well balanced." The others nod their heads as they look upon Fate's magical constructs of their opponents.

Surfer: "I must agree. It is as if this battle was designed to pit us against counterparts. Or near counterparts," he says looking at Aztek and Gravity.

Proctor: "Where are they?"

Fate: "Their location is on the opposite side of this...cube, for lack of a better term. Vision, any luck with this ship's technology?"

Vision: "It is unlike any specific type of technology I have ever encountered. There are similarities to some types I have seen in my travels, but nothing that matches perfectly. As such, I have been hesitant to try and interface with it."

Scarlet: "No." The others look around at the faint sound. "Don't do it."

Vision: ***** his head, "And why not?"

Scarlet: "Don't you guys know where we are?" They all look around the chamber they had found themselves in.

Surfer: "We do not."

Scarlet: "Geez. Why don't you guys look out in the corridor." They all do so, throwing questioning glazes at Ben, until they see them.

Fate: "Good lord, what happened to these people?!?" he says as he rushes up to one.

Surfer: Rushes up to another. "Perhaps we can free them."

Scarlet: "NO!" Ben shouts, then winces as if he expected something to happen by raising his voice. He looks around at the part organic, part machine beings standing in alcoves along the walls.

Vision: "Cyborgs?"

Scarlet: "No, Borg." They look at him with their questioning expressions again. "Borg. C'mon, no one watches Star Trek?" They keep looking at him. "Guess not. Ok, the brief rundown then."

Fifteen sci-fi filled minutes later, Ben finishes up on his Borg dissertation.

Proctor: "So we cannot allow them to touch us?"

Scarlet: "Not without being assimilated. Although they probably wouldn't be able to do it to the Surfer. But we can't take that chance. As long as we don't provoke them, they'll leave us alone." As if timed to Ben's words, a pair of Borg walk by the chamber, giving no acknowledgment of the group's existence. Ben let's out a breath he hadn't even known he was holding.

Vision: "These beings concern you that much?"

Scarlet: "They should concern you too. They'd love to get their hands on your technology. And that would make them even more powerful. That's going to be a big problem. Even if we do not attack them or this ship in the fight, which I doubt, once they see us using our powers, especially you three," he says to Vision, Fate, and the Surfer, "they're going to spring into action."

Proctor: "So we stop them too."

Scarlet: "You're forgetting that they can adapt. Now, they might not be able to stop the Power Cosmic, or Fate's magic, but we can't take that chance. Because if they do..."

Fate: "So we need to end the fight as fast as possible."

Surfer: "Or take the fight as far away as we can."

Vision: "Perhaps I could interface..."

Scarlet: "No! If they get a hold of your tech...I don't want to think about what that means."

Proctor: "Their Vision will try to do so, if he hasn't already."

Scarlet: "Damn, you're right."

Vision: "Which means I have little choice."

Scarlet: "Fight hasn't even started, and we're already getting screwed."

Fate: "Then we need to plan this out carefully and move quickly. Once more Ben, tell us everything about these Borg. Combined with what we know of our opponents, we may just stand a chance."

Voting may now begin....

My votes are

The Incorrigible Punkasses 2
The Justice Knights 1

New Superfriends 0
Chaos and Order 3 (what is it with you and prep times?)

The Incorrigible Punkasses 2
The Justice Knights 1

New Superfriends: 0
Chaos and Order: 3

The Incorrigible Punkasses: 0
The Justice Knights: 1

Voting is now closed.
Final vote is:

The New Superfriends: 0
Chaos and Order: 6

The Incorrigible Punkasses: 4
The Justice Knights: 3