DTL Season 5-Week 1 (Set 2)

which is when? when wieg gives the go ahead right?

No, he just said in the discussion thread that team owners can begin debating whenever they want to.

Ambrose Chase can deflect bullets casually. Blade isn't shooting him anywhere. - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/Ambrose/?action=view&current=Planetary9pg08.jpg

Nor has Dowling ever shown the technology to turn off any superhumans powers, especially Chase's.

Easy winner: Blade

Ambrose Chase is going to know what Rose is capable of. Considering my teams tactical ability, do you really think any member of my team is going to stand in front of Rose like this?

Your operating under the assumption that my team seemingly knows nothing about yours, and that we're going stumble into these pitfalls, where we actually have information on every member of your team, Dowling included (From Ambrose)

Dowling isn't going to picking Devil Slayer's brain casually considering Devil Slayer is a low level telepath himself.

1-i was saying that CHASE was shooting BLADE, until Blade got close enough to turn off Chases's bubble. That's how he was killed in Planetary.

2- When Coronary starts going insane listening to Rose, it wont matter what he's been taught.

3- Dowling is simply splitting time between Slayers desire to attack physically and protect his mind. the concoius split in effort is what Dowling is going for, trying to worm his way in and give rose enought time to get over.

PS i edited my last battle post and replaced the infinity gauntlet with the ultimate nullifier since I was not aware the gauntlet could not be used.

1-i was saying that CHASE was shooting BLADE, until Blade got close enough to turn off Chases's bubble. That's how he was killed in Planetary.

That's not how Chase was killed in Planetary. He was killed when reality was warped by a fictional being coming into their reality. Nothing to with his powers being "turned off".

2- When Coronary starts going insane listening to Rose, it wont matter what he's been taught.

You're under the assumption that you're going to go up against whatever pick of my characters that you want to. My team is the one with the advantage of leadership and tactics. My team could pick their match-ups as they pleased with someone like Adam Warlock leading them, organizing them.[/quote]

3- Dowling is simply splitting time between Slayers desire to attack physically and protect his mind. the concoius split in effort is what Dowling is going for, trying to worm his way in and give rose enought time to get
over.

Once again, Dowling, in roughly ten years of being a character in Planetary, never once got into a single fight.

He's not made for it, nor good at it.

It's a good thing

sorry, guys. i had the worst night at work and did get it done

In Jesus' Name
Thanos
Stryfe
Mount Joy
MultipleMan(my multiple man's dupe all have jaimes persona)
Northstar (Agent of Hydra)

Vs.

Team Alpha Wolf Squadron
Nova
Quasar
Quicksilver
Animal Man
Beast

Stryfe and Thanos use thier great telepathy to guide the enemies they can control to them.
Once the Wolfs are close enough Thanos sends NorthStar.
Multiple Man and Mount Joy stay where they are multipling among the trees.
Grabbing Beast, NorthStar quickly flies back to the appointed area, QS following by ground and ubers through the air...
With Animal Man lagging behind.
NorthStar, stopping where he needs to, snaps his fingers blinding QS momentarily.
Enough for a whole army of MultipleMans and MountJoys to jump out(MJs shooting poison arrows) kick the living crap out of him.
Quasar and Nova dive in to help but each are knocked aside.
while MJ and MM pound QS and beast to thier content.(no more Beast or QuickSilver)
knocked by eachother, Quasar and Nova stand to face thier opponent, but instead nova is paralized by a psi-blast and Quasar is pumble into the ground by Thanos.
Northstar finds Animal Man, grabs a mountJoy and heads AMs' way.
As Nova and Quasar recover, thanos pounds nova into the ground and stryfe puts Quasar in a telekinetic squeeze.
As NS and MJ get close enough, Northstar drops MJ and MJ hits the ground multiplying.(Animal Man has no chance against NS and 20 MJs with poison arrows.. as soon as AM drops is durability, its over)
as for Nova, hes done out by thanos and stryfe mind.
quasar is done out by thanos' str an Stryfes telekinetics

End

Stryfe and Thanos use thier great telepathy to guide the enemies they can control to them.
Which they can't, because Quasar will make sure he and Nova are safe against telepathic attacks.

Once the Wolfs are close enough Thanos sends NorthStar.
Which is when Quicksilver have long since pummelled Northstar. Quicksilver is at least twice as fast as Northstar, and in a game like this, that's deadly. Northstar's out of the game five seconds into it.

Multiple Man and Mount Joy stay where they are multipling among the trees.
I can see this, although Madrox's dupes would be quite dumbed down by the fact that he's being mind controlled.

Grabbing Beast, NorthStar quickly flies back to the appointed area, QS following by ground and ubers through the air...
With Animal Man lagging behind.
A) Northstar grabs Beast how? Beast is more agile, stronger and smarter. He knows everything about Northstar and he's practically in his natural habitat. There is no way he's going to get grabbed by Northstar.
B) Why exactly aren't the ubers doing something else? They're going to engage Thanos and Stryfe at the first possible moment. They're not dumb, and they're protected against any psi assaults.
C) Animal Man lagging behind? He's got the speed of a cheetah if he wants.

NorthStar, stopping where he needs to, snaps his fingers blinding QS momentarily.
By the time Northstar snaps his fingers, Quickie's already punched him the face three times.

Enough for a whole army of MultipleMans and MountJoys to jump out(MJs shooting poison arrows) kick the living crap out of him.
Quasar and Nova dive in to help but each are knocked aside.
You're kidding me aren't you?
A) Why are Quasar and Nova wasting their time there?
B) Unlikely they'd be able to gang up on Quickie like that.
C) Knocked aside? Quasar can pick up every dupe in the area and fling them away if he wants to. Nova has taken on hordes of Kree Sentries, all more powerful than anything Mountjoy or Madrox can throw at him.

while MJ and MM pound QS and beast to thier content.(no more Beast or QuickSilver)
Very unlikely and illogical too. Quicksilver has superspeed. He can be out of their in a heart beat, come back, and snap the neck of every dupe he comes across. Similarly, Beast is too strong to be so easily taken out.

knocked by eachother, Quasar and Nova stand to face thier opponent, but instead nova is paralized by a psi-blast and Quasar is pumble into the ground by Thanos.
A) They're not going to be knocked aside.
B) Psi-protection, anyone?
C) What happened to Quasar's forcefields? Is he an idiot all of a sudden too?

Northstar finds Animal Man, grabs a mountJoy and heads AMs' way.
As Nova and Quasar recover, thanos pounds nova into the ground and stryfe puts Quasar in a telekinetic squeeze.
Stryfe puts Quasar in a telekinetic squeeze? Do you even know what Quasar is capable of? He's an energy manipulator of the highest order. He can for a few seconds, keep his ground against a full-powered Galactus. There's no way Stryfe gets him in a "telekinetic squeeze".

As NS and MJ get close enough, Northstar drops MJ and MJ hits the ground multiplying.(Animal Man has no chance against NS and 20 MJs with poison arrows.. as soon as AM drops is durability, its over)
When did Animal Man become an idiot? He can create countless dupes himself, then switch in the blink of an eye to strength that neither Northstar or Mountjoy can stand up to. He's not going to win a match like that, but he's not going down easy.

as for Nova, hes done out by thanos and stryfe mind.
quasar is done out by thanos' str an Stryfes telekinetics
Severely unlikely, as I've pointed out.

Your team shows little to no feasible strategy. The entire plan is dependant on the mind control of the ubers, which I've already shown won't work, and is under the assumption that my team is made up of idiots, rather than seasoned battle-hardened veterans.

Which they can't, because Quasar will make sure he and Nova are safe against telepathic attacks.

if the bands can protect more than just quasar, you should've said so

Which is when Quicksilver have long since pummelled Northstar. Quicksilver is at least twice as fast as Northstar, and in a game like this, that's deadly. Northstar's out of the game five seconds into it.

o plz. first of all the rule is ubers can't hurt meds and regs. so i didn't. i coached them to where i needed them. and in the lush that the fight was in, QS really can't hit high speeds

I can see this, although Madrox's dupes would be quite dumbed down by the fact that he's being mind controlled.

other than the fact that stryfe can alter jaimies mind so that he follows him without having any real affect on jaimie

A) Northstar grabs Beast how? Beast is more agile, stronger and smarter. He knows everything about Northstar and he's practically in his natural habitat. There is no way he's going to get grabbed by Northstar.

Speed. all i needs is to grab a limb and only for a second or two. i mean (and i quote):"Once the Wolfs are close enough Thanos sends NorthStar."

B) Why exactly aren't the ubers doing something else? They're going to engage Thanos and Stryfe at the first possible moment. They're not dumb, and they're protected against any psi assaults.

I'm sure until first contact quasar and nova are flying just above the trees. scouting the skies while the regs slash through the jungle

C) Animal Man lagging behind? He's got the speed of a cheetah if he wants.

which compaired to nova, quasar, qs and ns is what?

By the time Northstar snaps his fingers, Quickie's already punched him the face three times.

and he is still blinded, giving NS the escape and signaling alll the MJ's and MM's

C) Knocked aside? Quasar can pick up every dupe in the area and fling them away if he wants to. Nova has taken on hordes of Kree Sentries, all more powerful than anything Mountjoy or Madrox can throw at him.

you do remember that i have very powerful ubers of my own, right?

Very unlikely and illogical too. Quicksilver has superspeed. He can be out of their in a heart beat, come back, and snap the neck of every dupe he comes across. Similarly, Beast is too strong to be so easily taken out.

considering beast has never spent a great deal of time in the wild...QS. was. blinded... as. soon. as. NS. takes. off. the mj's come out firing poison arrows into beast and QS not counting how many basilisk fields are slowwing each of them down

A) They're not going to be knocked aside.
B) Psi-protection, anyone?
C) What happened to Quasar's forcefields? Is he an idiot all of a sudden too?

nova is the one with limited psi protection, remember. i'm taking this from YOUR descriptions... they are going to be knocked aside by stryfe. remember? the CLONE OF CABLE. even with Quasars's force fields. they were blind sided trying to help thier team-mate. then pounced on by thanos who is also cosmically POWERFUL(duh)

Stryfe puts Quasar in a telekinetic squeeze? Do you even know what Quasar is capable of? He's an energy manipulator of the highest order. He can for a few seconds, keep his ground against a full-powered Galactus. There's no way Stryfe gets him in a "telekinetic squeeze".

Cables Clone. a telekinetic of thee highest order. maybe not as adept and creative as Cable, but as strong.

When did Animal Man become an idiot? He can create countless dupes himself, then switch in the blink of an eye to strength that neither Northstar or Mountjoy can stand up to. He's not going to win a match like that, but he's not going down easy.

ok, using his str AM punches MJ a hundred feet into the air. only to be replaced by another dupe than stabs him in the eye with a poison arrow... AM has no chance

Severely unlikely, as I've pointed out.

very plausible, as i pointed out.

Your team shows little to no feasible strategy. The entire plan is dependant on the mind control of the ubers, which I've already shown won't work
seeing how stryfe LEADS armies on a daily basis in the future and Thanos is a super-genius-tactician.... the plan is placed by ubers swaying them to walk that way. which would work considering all they have to do is lead the meds and regs.

you had your debate. this is my debate. debate is over. thus says the DTL rules

if the bands can protect more than just quasar, you should've said so
A) I said so, in my write-up.
B) Research, AS. It's the basis of the entire DTL. I don't have to spell everything out for you. You're supposed to research your opponents and see what they can do. To think Quasar can't protect the others is ridiculous.

o plz. first of all the rule is ubers can't hurt meds and regs. so i didn't. i coached them to where i needed them. and in the lush that the fight was in, QS really can't hit high speeds
Can't engage them, is the rule, thus Stryfe can't do jack to them. Also, your argument that Quickie can't hit high speeds hinders your own too. Then again, I don't agree, since y'know, Quickie has 24 hours to scout out the terrain.

Speed. all i needs is to grab a limb and only for a second or two. i mean (and i quote):"Once the Wolfs are close enough Thanos sends NorthStar."
And Beast can't avoid this? Odd. Also, as I've pointed out, the first thing my team will do is take out your superspeedster, which Quicksilver can do easily.

I'm sure until first contact quasar and nova are flying just above the trees. scouting the skies while the regs slash through the jungle
And they're going to be on your ubers the minute the game starts. There's really no reason for scouting. They can just go for it immediately.

which compaired to nova, quasar, qs and ns is what?
Nothing, but "lagging behind"? He can be on Multiple Man before he even knows what's happened.

and he is still blinded, giving NS the escape and signaling alll the MJ's and MM's
Escape? How about Northstar is either unconscious or dead?

you do remember that i have very powerful ubers of my own, right?
Yes, which you are far from employing usefully.

considering beast has never spent a great deal of time in the wild...QS. was. blinded... as. soon. as. NS. takes. off. the mj's come out firing poison arrows into beast and QS not counting how many basilisk fields are slowwing each of them down
Beast has spent weeks on end in the Savage Land. He was at home there every time they visited. Also, Quickie's still fast enough to escape the basilisk fields. He can hit mach 10, remember?

nova is the one with limited psi protection, remember. i'm taking this from YOUR descriptions... they are going to be knocked aside by stryfe. remember? the CLONE OF CABLE. even with Q's force fields. they were blind sided trying to help they team-mate. then pounced con by stryfe and thanos
You should also be thinking about what your opponent's strategy would be. Obviously, when facing Stryfe, my team would be sure to have good psi protection. That you didn't bother to research my characters isn't my problem.

Cables Clone. a telekinetic of thee highest order. maybe not as adept and creative as Cable, but as strong.
He's quite powerful, but he's not on par with Quasar, whose on par with heralds. His force fields can withstand "telekinetic squeezes" quite well.

ok, using his str AM punches MJ a hundred feet into the air. only to be replaced by another dupe than stabs him in the eye with a poison arrow... AM has no chance
Animal Man overruns his opponents with dupes, calls up the strength of an elephant, smashing a few away. Fires a few energy blasts, taking a few more out. Etcetera etcetera. You're severely underestimating Animal Man.

seeing how stryfe LEADS armies on a daily basis in the future and Thanos is a super-genius-tactician.... the plan is placed by ubers swaying them to walk that way. which would work considering all they have to do is lead the meds and regs.
They're great tacticians, but you're having them think up plans that just wouldn't work.

you had your debate. this is my debate. debate is over. thus says the DTL rules
Oh, please, AS, it's never been that way.

ok... i see how the rest of this season is gonna go....

i quit.

AS, what the ****?

We're supposed to debate, dude.

Well, ain't that something.

I had to be the fall guy.

If you wanted to quit, you should've just quit, instead of making it seem like you're some kind of victim. We were debating. That's what we do in the DTL.

Debates are now over.

Voting may begin.

Team Alpha Wolf Squadron vs. In Jesus' Name
X vs. Big Boomin' Brawlers

Voting for X and Harlekin. I was gonna go a bit more in depth, but **** it. They just had the better, more sensible writeups. Both Kaboom and AS made very wrong assumptions about how their opponents powers worked, and didn't actually do much debating, and Annoying Silence just all-around fails.

That's really all you need. No need to go into depth.

X wins. Kaboom put up a good fight but X's plan against the ubers works.

Harlekin wins. AS quit. Not much more to say.

(Set 2)
Team Alpha Wolf Squadron vs In Jesus' Name
X vs Big Boomin' Brawlers

One is myself, and I thought X had a bit of a better grasp on his own and his opponent's characters.

And Khellendros, what wrong assumptions did I make, actually?

Team Alpha Wolf Squadron - Went through everything methodically but also I felt he had a superior line-up.
X - Twas good.

What X did here is that he gave a blow by blow description but also added a little literary flair, under the form of dialogue and exposition and such. By giving his write-up these extra touches he felt all the more convincing... to me.

(Set 2)
Team Alpha Wolf Squadron vs In Jesus' Name
X vs Big Boomin' Brawlers

One is myself, and I thought X had a bit of a better grasp on his own and his opponent's characters.

And Khellendros, what wrong assumptions did I make, actually?
Urk. Meant AS. I edited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"