DTL Season 5-Week 13 (Set 4)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
Due to the holiday, these threads will be in use for 9 days. Days 1-4 (Feb 23 - Feb 26) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help.

On Day 5 (Feb 27) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count. Look over the matchups and read the strategies, and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match. (Note: The length of a writeup the discretion of the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember to vote for all matches or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 9th day (Mar 2) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: The eXiles Panoptichron

In Jesus' Name*
Thanos
Mimic
MountJoy
Shimmer
Forge

VS.

The Immortals
Silver Surfer (eXiles) (MU) - Wielder of the Power Cosmic, which grants enhanced senses, energy and matter manipulation on a massive scale, invulnerability, super strength and flight with the aid of his razor-edged board.
Tony Stark: Sorcerer Supreme (MU) - Tech genius and Sorceror who combines high level magic with a suit of advanced armor.
Brainiac 417 (DM) - Spirit genius from the 843rd century with full tech
"Death"Wolverine (MR) - Mutant with healing factor, heightened senses, unbreakable bones/claws, a sword that fires large energy blasts and armor that provides cloaking and low level teleportation.
Midnighter (DR) - Fighter who has heightened senses, enhanced speed, durability, strength, skeleton and a healing factor. Also has a computer-enhanced brain that can instantly predict every possible move an opponent can make and plot the most effective counter move.

The team gathers in this new base and again they are given full knowledge of who they are to face. Brainiac interfaces with the machinery taking full control while the Surfer and Stark confer to devise a strategy to do away with Thanos.

Brainiac hands out flight rings to all Death and Midnight as everyone prepares for battle.

Thanos vs. Silver Surfer & Stark

Silver Surfer and Iron Stark attack Thanos as they are only allowed to attack the one uber in that group. Silver Surfer attacks using all his resources and strengths while Stark who had uploaded all his most potent spells simultaneously attacks eventually taking Thanos down.

Brainiac 417, Death and Midnighter vs Mimic, Mountjoy, Shimmer, Forge

At the start of the battle, Brainiac takes out Forge's weapons using his superiour intellect and his complete interface with the ever present technology surrounding him. At the same time, Wolverine while fully cloaked blasts shimmer and takes her out. Mountjoy atempts to take over midnighter but Brainiac who had prepared for this puts him in stasis. Of course, Brainiac can do all this because he is immune to injury besides a telepathic attack which the other team lacks.

Mimic however is more then a match for the rest and is battling hard Midnighter and Death in a place he knows oh so well. Eventuially the Silver Surfer makes it back and takes Mimic out once and for all.

Some closing notes:

This Silver surfer is absolutely ruthless and he is accompanied by Stark and therfore they should be able to take out Thanos. I have assumed the others do not attack given the no attacking reg rule. The other could consider they would have an advantage if they take out my three med and regs first.

Brainiac 417 is a spirit form from the 843rd century who is a tech master and pretty much invented everything of the legion of the 843rd century. He would have no problem interfacing with the tech present in the exiles home base and taking full control of it.

The exiles were able to place Proteus in stasis during a battle and I am assuming that the same thing will happen to Mountjoy.

There is only one mutant on my whole team and Mimic already has half his powers.

Shimmers powers are ineffective over a distance and she does not have any super senses.

The Immortals

The other team just doesn't have a chance against Ahura's lineup. Thanos might last a good long time, but it would pretty much be only him against The Immortals.

Yeah, even if Ahura hadn't done the only writeup I'd give this to the Immortals. AS has only one uber, and there are no powers Mimic could copy to make him a factor in the uber battle. Silver Surfer and Stark together have enough power to eventually beat Thanos. I'd say the Immortals' regs/meds would beat AS's as well.

Voting is now over.
Final Results.

In Jesus' Name 0
the Immortals 6

Woohoo, I was really nervous there. I would like to thank all the voters as well as AS for making this a walk over. :p

Now off we go to the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"