DTL Season 5-Week 4 (Set 2)

Hahhaa, congrats Vader. :up:

Now that voting's done, here's where I still disagree with you X.

Devil Slayer actually has pretty extensive experience fighting Angels. And it's hard to press an advantage when your target dissepears and more or less depowers you.
I just don't see Devil-Slayer actually MOVING that fast. Zauriel basically lets up and allows him time to escape.

X said:
Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, Traci is almost completely powerless outside of urban environments, so she's not going to be doing a lot of trumping either way. Her powers are "urban magic", and she loses them Jack Hawksmoor style.
You're in the city of Attilan. That's a city.

X said:
And scientifically based characters beat magical ones pretty often.
They do, and it's usually pretty unacceptable to me.

I just don't see Devil-Slayer actually MOVING that fast. Zauriel basically lets up and allows him time to escape.

You're in the city of Attilan. That's a city.

They do, and it's usually pretty unacceptable to me.

Not to be the devil's advocate here, but just because you want magic to trump science, doesn't exactly MAKE it so.

Not to be the devil's advocate here, but just because you want magic to trump science, doesn't exactly MAKE it so.
I'm with Nightwing, in that I feel this League should be an outlet for us to essentially play out conflicts the way WE feel they should play out, in accordance with the powers and abilities and personalities set down in the text. Nightwing gave the example of Superman one-punching Hulk. One of my pet peeves is the manner in which tech characters are written as beating magical characters all the time, despite the fact that technology, an attribute completely bound by its ability to affect the rational world, should have no influence over something as fundamentally irrational as magic.

While I understand your feelings about how magic moves outside our ten digit understanding of the universe, we cannot simply say that this allows it to trump technology, as in many ways, it may underperform as well.

I also understand that this would be a decent place to (though, maybe not in the actual debate threads) express how you feel about such things (magic v. science). However, you'll have to write up something more substantial on why Attilan would more suit her powers, when she pulls them from cities, and are proportionate to the city's population in question. Attilan isn't that big, and she's used to taking powers from urban (which usually implies HEAVILY Populated) populations. We don't really know the extent to which Traci can control her dragon if she does treat it like a game as she usually does, or how quickly she can reattain control from someone has have overbearing powers in the situation. We do know her powers of control over others are limited, and her iguana is simply her familiar, meaning it's not under more than a simple control spell. She also shows need for HEAVY concentration while trying to throw down heavier spells, where this would qualify, and would easily be countered with Coronary throwing down some sort of discomfort whammy like a migraine on her.

Traci's powers aren't dependent on cities. She used her powers to create a construct against a Mount Rushmore monster out in the middle of nowhere.

While I understand your feelings about how magic moves outside our ten digit understanding of the universe, we cannot simply say that this allows it to trump technology, as in many ways, it may underperform as well.

I also understand that this would be a decent place to (though, maybe not in the actual debate threads) express how you feel about such things (magic v. science). However, you'll have to write up something more substantial on why Attilan would more suit her powers, when she pulls them from cities, and are proportionate to the city's population in question. Attilan isn't that big, and she's used to taking powers from urban (which usually implies HEAVILY Populated) populations. We don't really know the extent to which Traci can control her dragon if she does treat it like a game as she usually does, or how quickly she can reattain control from someone has have overbearing powers in the situation. We do know her powers of control over others are limited, and her iguana is simply her familiar, meaning it's not under more than a simple control spell. She also shows need for HEAVY concentration while trying to throw down heavier spells, where this would qualify, and would easily be countered with Coronary throwing down some sort of discomfort whammy like a migraine on her.

Yeah, saying magic trumps science or vice versa isn't backed up in comics, at all. Sometimes, technology is so advanced as to be appear magical.

And Coronary excels in discomfort. He can cause any disorder and or bodily reaction at will, to any degree.

He TELEPORTED, Aristotle.

His cloak lets him do that. He appeared behind Zauriel, didn't zip behind him.

Traci's powers aren't dependent on cities. She used her powers to create a construct against a Mount Rushmore monster out in the middle of nowhere.

I must've missed that one. x.x

I've only known her powers to proportionately work around communities she's around.

And as my American geography is woefully defunct, I have NO idea about if there's a population around Rushmore.

It wasn't actually Mount Rushmore, it was a rock monster with the heads of Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, and Geoff Johns. She made a giant sheet of paper and it crumbled underneath it. 'Cause, you know, paper beats rock.

She's also used her powers in the Fortress of Solitude before that, so I don't think they were ever all that tied to being in cities.

I was gonna say "That rocks" but caught myself first, after that Juggernaut rape joke fiasco earlier. :o

That's pretty cool.

He TELEPORTED, Aristotle.

His cloak lets him do that. He appeared behind Zauriel, didn't zip behind him.
He had to duck into his cloak. That means he had to have time to physically do that, and the only he does that is if Zauriel lets up for a moment. Zauriel won't let up.

And as my American geography is woefully defunct, I have NO idea about if there's a population around Rushmore.
Although it now seems a moot point, yes, there is a population near Rushmore. Pretty small one, but it's still there. And Rapid City is pretty close to it, I believe. Maybe an hour off. Been awhile since I was in SoDak.

He had to duck into his cloak. That means he had to have time to physically do that, and the only he does that is if Zauriel lets up for a moment. Zauriel won't let up.

You go from assuming I had him simply getting behind Zauriel somehow to the teleportation taking time?

It takes a split second for his cloak to engulf him. He controls it with his TK.

You're aware of how fast his cloak can be manipulated, yeah?

You go from assuming I had him simply getting behind Zauriel somehow to the teleportation taking time?
You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was always aware that he ported. But it requires him getting into his cloak.

Ok, the battle's over. Let's let the thread die. Take it into discussion if you want to keep talking about it.

It requires his cloak encircling him.

He's done it to the Hulk while holding the Hulk above him.

As in the Hulk was confused in the split second he was lifted off the ground and in that time the cloak got around him.

I'd appreciate it yeah. I've lost three games in a row now.

Was that directed at moi?

Anyway, sorry for the delay.

While you're right about you having a more unified, cohesive team, Vader has a raw power advantage over your team which in my mind equals things out there. You cited Stellaris "coming up short" when she had a completely different suit of armor in Annihilation, as her Nova Corps file specifically mentioned.

Cutter vs. Quasar makes more sense than most would think due to her being able to slice through any construct he can come up with, including containment. The Angler had a blade that could cut through almost anything and he tore Quasar's constructs to pieces.

Regardless of Nova's power-up I don't know if he's as powerful as Stellaris. We're talking about someone who atomized a Celestial made Thor duplicate with one blast. Turned him to ash.

And speaking of input, why did I get all of none, Harl?

Vader also made a pretty good point about the lack of teamwork largy being nullified by a telepath keeping her team in contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"