DTL Season 5-Week 4 (Set 2)

Discussion in 'RPG Archives' started by DTL Commish, Nov 13, 2007.

1. LouFerignoDemon CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

In all truth, the only problem I see is Nova fighting Stellaris. He'd most likely just thrust her out into space, and keep her sailing into the sun or something.

Though, it would take an ungodly concentrated attack to destroy her armor. While he DOES have the power, he's shown inability to access that power without misfunction, or harm to himself.

2. X Registered

Erm, Stellaris can easily blow past FTL speeds. We're talking about someone with a suit of technology that lets her transverse massive parts of the universe.

Thor went ballistic on Stellaris with Mjolnir... and managed to break her face plate when she wasn't armored up. At all.

Mind giving me some input, Gluon? I'd appreciate it.

3. Harlekin Business

You're kidding, right? Post #20. The first actual vote in the thread.

Also, thank you, although I obviously disagree. Quasar should still be able to send Jaine flying with a blast, even if it doesn't hurt her. The opposing team's telepath is also taken out just about a minute into the match. I think I put up a pretty convincing case at least as to why Aquaman should pwn Martian Manhunter. Lastly, as far as I know, we're always going off on the latest version of the character, so Stellaris would be weaker than Nova, even if that's because she has a different armour. No other version was specified.

4. LouFerignoDemon CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

I agree. Aquaman was pretty freaking powerful as a telepath with that hand. He really shouldn't have trouble against other telepaths, but telepaths of the -highest- order like Prof X or Jean Grey, to tell the truth. (Or Doctor Strange).

As for Stellaris. Ronan's universal weapon was stated as never having it's upper limits tested before, and it could be it was just an unrecorded power (though why he wouldn't use it before makes zero sense), and the fact he doesn't really seem to lie all that much gives credibility to it.

Or, it could be her armor is in some sort of disrepair possibly.

I'll get to X's in a bit. gotta jet for now.

5. X Registered

Er, yeah. You *****ed at me for asking for a critique on what I did, as you just did, and then basically told me everything I did wrong. :huh:

6. Aristotle Registered

Hey man, you won this past week, hands-down. Those refs were watchin' a different game out there.

You change the way they flubbed up that interference call at the 15 and it's a totally different football game.

7. Aristotle Registered

Aren't you undefeated?

8. Aristotle Registered

That's a critique.

9. Harlekin Business

Yeah, because you've basically been begging everyone to critique since the start of the game. This is the first time I recall that I've actively asked for some critique on what I delivered. As for my critique of your write-up: What did you expect? I went through the fights, pointing out what I thought was good and what I thought was wrong. That's what critiquing is.

10. X Registered

That doesn't change the fact that I still want to know what I've done right, and wrong, week in and week out.

11. X Registered

Begging...

Funny way to describe it.

12. Harlekin Business

Hilarious.

13. X Registered

Meh.

I take what people say to heart and I want to hear it week in and week out regardless.

I started this season with the idea that we were all going to be a lot more hands on and intensive than we were in previous seasons.

14. Harlekin Business

And haven't I critiqued you every time I voted?

I understand the frustration, but (exaggeration coming here) post after post of 'could you guys please give me some critique' gets unbelievably frustrating as well. You were asking in about three different threads (in one of the match threads no less) for comments. People will get to it or they won't, but hounding them isn't much of a motivating factor.

15. X Registered

I kept asking because no one was DOING it. Is it saner to let it die and get nothing at all?

I'm not the only one that's commented on the lack of activity and even voting at times during certain weeks.

Six votes in some threads this week?

Yeah, maybe the problem is the LACK of nagging.

16. Harlekin Business

You were asking even when people weren't voting yet. Patience is still a virtue. Call people on it after they don't do it. It's then both a justified response, and infinitely more pleasant. Reading "guys, comments!" before I've even thought about the write-up is just extremely annoying.

I agree that the lack of voting is absurd, but that can also be accounted to a lot of people having little time. Real life has to come first, after all.

17. X Registered

People start playing this game knowing what's going to be expected of them.

If you can't put away that amount of time each week, you shouldn't even get into it.

18. Harlekin Business

I'm gonna stop at agreeing to disagree.

19. Dark Gog Registered

I'm glad someone menitoned Black Alice crushing the moon into the Earth already. Unless I'm missing something huge in X's prep-time to explain it, that alone would have been enough for me to vote against him. It also bothers me more than a little that he keeps using crossovers (and elsewhere OoC material) as evidence. But that may just be me.

20. X Registered

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't exactly write the best I ever have this week. Kind of hard to when you've got no reason to get motivated to.

What needs to be explained? Why Alice would do it?

She's a psycho to begin with. Darkseid's entire gimmick is corrupting people.

If he can cause Superman to murder on Apokolip's back in the Byrne days he can coerce Black Alice to do something along those lines.

21. Aristotle Registered

Nothing wrong with using out-of-continuity material, at the point where Tony Stark with mother box is allowed in the league.

22. X Registered

JLA/Avengers is in continuity for DC, and debatable for Marvel as well.

I find it telling that Darkseid has been more powerful than the Surfer in TWO crossovers.

Very, very telling.

23. Aristotle Registered

What I'm saying is, I genuinely do not see a problem with out-of-continuity material, given the characters allowed in the League. If What-Ifs and Elseworlds are allowed in, then by all means, stuff that was originally supposed to be canon, and now isn't, should be allowed in.