Dumb moments in good movies

I don't remember the ninjas dying. They just sort of scatter away into the background.

This was always a big one for me in Revenge of the Sith:

So Grievous knows the Jedi are powerful, he only barely escaped them once aboard the Invisible Hand cruiser at the beginning of the film and prior to the film Mace Windu already crushed his lungs...but that's an aside. Obi Wan drops down and Grievous has him surrounded, undeniably screwed and then he takes his time and says "I'll deal with him myself." Brilliant strategy general. How did that work out for you? You could have shot him to pieces with a thousand battle droids

So Grievous knows the Jedi are powerful, he only barely escaped them once aboard the Invisible Hand cruiser at the beginning of the film and prior to the film Mace Windu already crushed his lungs...but that's an aside. Obi Wan drops down and Grievous has him surrounded, undeniably screwed and then he takes his time and says "I'll deal with him myself." Brilliant strategy general. How did that work out for you? You could have shot him to pieces with a thousand battle droids
You can consider that dumb but that's kinda the point in his cockiness. It's his own ignorance that brought his own doom. Happens to a lot of villains in movies.

Boba Fett, built up to be the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy, being taken out by a blind guy with a stick in Return of the Jedi. And don't give me that Expanded Universe crap about him escaping. There was no excuse. Han didn't have to be blind. They could have had a showdown. Or Luke could have chopped his head off with the lightsaber. Something! Anything but being knocked into the sarlacc with a stick!

Batman and Rachel fall off a 20 story building but Harvey dies falling off a second story building.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

this. and batman survives the same fall that kills two face, and is only slightly disorientated.

The cape helped break the fall.

wasnt he supposed to be able to fight jedi though? didnt he get his lightsabers from killing other jedi? thats the impression i got.

Boba Fett, built up to be the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy, being taken out by a blind guy with a stick in Return of the Jedi. And don't give me that Expanded Universe crap about him escaping. There was no excuse. Han didn't have to be blind. They could have had a showdown. Or Luke could have chopped his head off with the lightsaber. Something! Anything but being knocked into the sarlacc with a stick!

At the time Lucas didn't know the following that Boba Fett had or would have in the future. In the movies he's hardly built up to be the most badass bounty hunter.

he had a cool costume, and he was after han. but thats all he had going on in the movies.

The character was alot cooler until they started filling in backstory.
Likewise with Vader. Leaving stuff to the viewers imagination seems to be something that went right out the window.

Two Dumb Moments in Return of the Jedi are the introduction of ewoks and Vader taking off his helmet.
There are a few Dumb Moments in Jurassic Park, usually involving human beings.

"Do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightning?"

If I have to say what movie that's from...you don't deserve to be a member of this site :nono:

Two scenes in TDK always bug me. The first is in the prologue where the awesome William Fitcher is forced to give that stupid speech about criminals believing in honor and respect. Seriously, WTF? The second is that awful line Batman has at the end about the city being filled with people who belieeeeeve in gooooooood.

I love that movie, but there are some moments of really bad dialogue in it.

In spider-man one, when the green goblin get's his costume. Does that count?

TDK

The bullet reconstruction scene made no sense.
1. Surely the finger print would be on the bullet shell on the floor rather than the bullet in the wall?
2. The gun that fires several bullets (to get a bullet match?) okay, but the computer had all the fragmented pieces of the original bullet scanned in and was able to reconstruct the bullet, so why did it need the type of bullet to perform this task?
3. The computer scan was so detailed it included the finger print?

I'm sure someone will explain this all away, the bottom line is the scene is confusing as heck.

The joker 'belly bomb' takes out everyone in the room except joker and Lao. Okay, what? I guess that's what you call a 'smart bomb'.

Last edited:
^ Your probably right about the bullet thing, I was kind of confused by that but they might of gotten the fingerprint. Idk.

Transformers.

The scene where the bots all go to Sam's house to get the allspark and are stumbling around his yards. They could of just transformed back into automobiles to cause less commotion.

"Do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightning?"

If I have to say what movie that's from...you don't deserve to be a member of this site :nono:

I swear I remembered this before I saw your avatar and signature, but did you know Joss Whedon wrote that line? I'm not kidding, it was the one single line of his that made it into the film.

^ Your probably right about the bullet thing, I was kind of confused by that but they might of gotten the fingerprint. Idk.

Transformers.

The scene where the bots all go to Sam's house to get the allspark and are stumbling around his yards. They could of just transformed back into automobiles to cause less commotion.

transformers revenge of the fallen *shudder*

sam running through the desert when he could have got in a transformer, and, I don't know, DRIVEN where he wanted to go. sam walking besides bumble bee 'my legs are so tired and sun sure is hot today...'

Originally Posted by Franklin Richards
Batman and Rachel fall off a 20 story building but Harvey dies falling off a second story building.

this didn't bother me, I just assumed the cape broke his fall what DID bother me was bruce and rachael went home after landing on the car and didn't think 'maybe we should go back upstaris to see if joker is, I dunno, KILLING the party guests'.

Last edited:
this didn't bother me, I just assumed the cape broke his fall what DID bother me was bruce and rachael went home after landing on the car and didn't think 'maybe we should go back upstaris to see if joker is, I dunno, KILLING the party guests'.
Never bothered me because to me you see Joker running out of Batman's way when he was running to dive after Rachael. I always imagined that was his distraction to get out of there to fight another day. Besides who knows what Batman or Rachael did after their quick dialog ended. Batman could of jumped up and ran up the building or used his grapple hook to go back up there after the scene ends but it ends there. I think originally in the script it had Joker and some goons jumping into an awaiting car as Batman and Rachael are getting off the car.

- Doc Ock throwing a car at Peter Parker when he needed him alive
- Joker announcing on public TV in B'89 that he'll be at the parade at midnight and there's no Cops waiting to arrest him
- Peter Parker walking out of the school cafeteria with a big string of webbing attached to his wrist and a food tray, everyone sees it, then he beats the living bad place out of Flash using extraordinary fighting abilities and strength and nobody puts two and two together later that he could be Spider-Man
- Aunt May's wailing of "Deliver us from eeeeeeeeeeevil" when Goblin attacks her
- Ock being more phased by a smack from Aunt May's umbrella than a punch from Spidey

The immediate aftermath of the car chase in TDK, which Joker had completely planned for, including his escape from prison where everyone dies but him.

I was watching Terminator 2 about 10 minutes ago and just realized how dumb a scene towards the end of the movie was. The T-1000 stabs Sarah Conner in the arm and demands she calls out for John. Yet earlyer in the movie it is established both he and the other Terminator can mimic other voices perfectly. Then 5 minutes later, he just morphs into her and does exactly that, calls out for John.

Can you think of any dumb logic in what is generally considered "good movies"?
my answer to this was always that, tho, he can mimic voices, he can not mimic emotion...
her calling out in pain to her son, would've been more effective, then him calling out in her voice

Last edited:
I was watching Terminator 2 about 10 minutes ago and just realized how dumb a scene towards the end of the movie was. The T-1000 stabs Sarah Conner in the arm and demands she calls out for John. Yet earlyer in the movie it is established both he and the other Terminator can mimic other voices perfectly. Then 5 minutes later, he just morphs into her and does exactly that, calls out for John.

Can you think of any dumb logic in what is generally considered "good movies"?

Actually, that was because freezing the T-1000 had damaged some of its functions. The T-1000 glitching after being frozen was shown in a deleted scene if I remember correctly.

He morphs into her 2 minutes later.

It comes and goes? That's how it usually works with glitches. I don't know if it's a deleted scene or not, but he also experiences some problems morphing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-1000

The Wikipedia article mentions it.

"The Special Edition DVD release contains additional scenes in the steel foundry showing that the effects of being frozen and shattered caused the T-1000 to glitch, causing its extremities to morph and match into its surroundings against the T-1000's will (such as its hand latching on and taking on the metallic texture and caution striping of a guardrail). In the Special Edition, this glitch is what enabled John Connor to see through its ruse when it impersonated his mother."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"