Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish that would happen. Dixon's one of my top five favorite Batman writers ever, but the way that he left DC seemed to indicate that he had clashed with the company mid-way through his run on Batman & The Outsiders, so the idea of his return doesn't seem likely. :csad:

Wow, that didn't even come to mind when I heard about it.

Yeah, between this and Bane being the next Batman villain, Spike's probably doing cartwheels all over British Columbia. :oldrazz:
I think he's the reason it's all happening. :ninja:

Spike, your next mission: Get Beast Wars back on the air.

Don't forget that I also got Duke Nukem Forever back on track! :cmad::up:

I'm right there with Spike though...I've wanted him for Supes since I first saw him in The Tudors

Don't forget that I also got Duke Nukem Forever back on track! :cmad::up:

how so?

Because we all know that Duke was so fed up with the wait, that he spontaneously brought himself to life and finished the game on his own.

That triple post was for doubting my powers.

Ha! Shows what you know. That was only a double post. The second post was complaining about the Hype not showing my first post, hoping that it would show my first post. :p

Last edited:
It's only a double post because I erased the third one before you saw it.

I am King of the Internet! :argh:

Man, the Super Bowl commercials sucked this year. But the game was great. :up:

Man, the Super Bowl commercials sucked this year. But the game was great. :up:

I thought there was a good amount of funny commercials.

And the Captain America and Thor commercials were good.

Cap just wasn't long enough.

There were only maybe a half dozen funny commercials, and even they weren't that funny. The Vader one cracked me up the most. The way the kid sold his reaction at the end made it all the better.

This was probably the worst year for Superbowl commercials that I can remember. Was it me, or did car companies use all that bailout money just for this?

Really, everything about the game, except the actual game, was pretty bad.

Yeah, skinny Evans looked freaky good.

...that didn't come out right.

29krk84.jpg

It's a 'reset' year, Wieg. Now everyone's expectations have been lowered so next year, mediocre commercials will seem fantastic. :o

That being said, all the tv spots for the films were great.

A reset year? What does that even mean?

You'd think with the possibility of there not being a Superbowl next year that everyone would be at the top of their game. But the commercials were either overly dramatic, or the humor completely out of place and not fitting with the product being sold. There were tons of technical problems and screwups, a brutal half time show, and bland commentary.

Luckily it was a good game.

A reset year? What does that even mean?
It was a joke ... there is no such thing. :o

My point was simply that, if this year's half time show and commercials were really bad, anything else would have to be good.
You'd think with the possibility of there not being a Superbowl next year that everyone would be at the top of their game. But the commercials were either overly dramatic, or the humor completely out of place and not fitting with the product being sold. There were tons of technical problems and screwups, a brutal half time show, and bland commentary.

Luckily it was a good game.
Maybe companies have lost touch with their consumers? Well, the companies who bought 3 Million dollar tv slots, anyway.

Yeah, I found the commercials to be a bit flat. A few too many relied on slapstick, which was good for a cheap laugh but definitely not memorable. Even the VW Vader, which everyone seems to love, didn't really strike a cord with me. Thought it was cute, but it really did nothing for me. And it may be time for a reset on the E-Trade baby.

I thought Vader was the best of the commercials. It got the biggest laugh out of me, it's one of the few I remember, and it's the only one I've cared to watch again.

If the kid Vader commercial was a Superbowl ad, how come I saw it about a week ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"