Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the kid Vader commercial was a Superbowl ad, how come I saw it about a week ago?

I saw a teaser about a week ago. But it was just the part where he's walking down the hallway. Not the whole thing.

I saw the whole thing. Had no idea it was a Superbowl ad.

Because for some reason, people thought it'd be wise to release ads online way before the actual game. Were it not for the Cap and Thor TV spots, I wouldn't have even paid attention - the little of it that was good was already made available.

Because for some reason, people thought it'd be wise to release ads online way before the actual game. Were it not for the Cap and Thor TV spots, I wouldn't have even paid attention - the little of it that was good was already made available.
Which begs the questions, "if you were going to pre-release them ... why did you waste 3 Million dollars for a specific time slot?"

Disposable income must be nice.

Like I said, I guess we know where all the stimulus money went. :o

It is. Thanks for noticing.

*lights a cigar with a burning orphan*

Now that's how you deal with the surplus population

I raided Byrd's Orphan Cabinet. I figure he won't notice.

He puts barcodes on those kids for a reason.

Okay, so not gonna lie, the trailer for First Class is pretty awesome looking.

[YT]UrbHykKUfTM[/YT]

I found it to be a heaping, steaming pile of "meh," personally. It didn't really affect my opinion on the film - which, I guess, is a good thing because I didn't hate the trailer, but is also a bad thing because I hate the film. But I didn't really expect the trailer to change my mind, so it was...meh. *shrug*

I found it to be a heaping, steaming pile of "meh," personally. It didn't really affect my opinion on the film - which, I guess, is a good thing because I didn't hate the trailer, but is also a bad thing because I hate the film. But I didn't really expect the trailer to change my mind, so it was...meh. *shrug*

I was dead set on this sucking from the get go. Then they picked Vaughn to direct, and my suck warning lowered a little. And then they picked a superb cast and it lowered more. Then I saw the trailer, which I think is superb, and now I'm planning on seeing it.

It has to be better than X3, right?

Right?:dry:

I honestly thought the best part about that trailer was the music. If I look at the movie as completely its own thing, I might enjoy it from what I've seen in the trailer. Even still, I'll have to hear/see more before I decide whether or not I'll actually go to theaters to see it.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I thought it was pretty cool. Really cool, infact, in a way that I haven't felt since I saw X2 for the first time.

To be honest, I don't get the widespread criticism that the film gets at this point... whether it's the complaint that it doesn't feature the original X-Men lineup, none of whom would fit within the timeline of Xavier and Magneto's age during their falling out aside from Beast, or that it features too many mutants, which has always been kind of the point of the X-Men brand. Teams versus teams, mutants at war with one another.

I like how the film is basically going out of it's way to say "Look, this is the first X-Men mission. This is the trial and error that Xavier has to go through to be a better teacher to the future members. He can't just go off and preach a message of peace without experiencing what Erik's way would bring the world."

I was dead set on this sucking from the get go. Then they picked Vaughn to direct, and my suck warning lowered a little. And then they picked a superb cast and it lowered more. Then I saw the trailer, which I think is superb, and now I'm planning on seeing it.

It has to be better than X3, right?

Right?:dry:

The trailer for X3 looked awesome too...

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I thought it was pretty cool. Really cool, infact, in a way that I haven't felt since I saw X2 for the first time.

To be honest, I don't get the widespread criticism that the film gets at this point... whether it's the complaint that it doesn't feature the original X-Men lineup, none of whom would fit within the timeline of Xavier and Magneto's age during their falling out aside from Beast, or that it features too many mutants, which has always been kind of the point of the X-Men brand. Teams versus teams, mutants at war with one another.

I like how the film is basically going out of it's way to say "Look, this is the first X-Men mission. This is the trial and error that Xavier has to go through to be a better teacher to the future members. He can't just go off and preach a message of peace without experiencing what Erik's way would bring the world."

I agree.:up:

X3 was one of those movies that I really liked in the theater. But fell apart as I thought more about it.

X3 was one of those movies that I really liked in the theater. But fell apart as I thought more about it.

I felt that way about Crystal Skull. But I think that was due to denial about a bad Indiana Jones movie.

I will admit:

First Class Mags helmet > X-Trilogy Mags helmet.

I'll go see First Class. What the hell, why not? I saw The Spirit in the theater, so the bar has been set that low.

The trailer makes it look better than I thought it would be, but I'm still gonna wait for more info/reviews before I decide if I'm gonna see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"