Dungeons & Flagons: The Roleplayer's Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because no one gives two ****s about Green Arrow
But... he's Batman if he carried around a bow, cared about politics, and tried to collect every STD available. Who doesn't want to watch that?

But... he's Batman if he carried around a bow, cared about politics, and tried to collect every STD available. Who doesn't want to watch that?

I'd see that. I'd prefer a GA film to this Spidey reboot. Spider-Man is overrated anyway. You're goddamn right he is! So what, I said it?

I'd see that. I'd prefer a GA film to this Spidey reboot. Spider-Man is overrated anyway. You're goddamn right he is! So what, I said it?
Do you still play Spidey in Heroes vs. Villains? Because I think this is an impeachable offense. :cmad:

Dropped him about six or seven months ago. Got bored, mostly my own fault.
It's Spider-Man. Just make his life suck; get him fired, have a loved one return only to be a clone, or ruin his marriage/have his girlfriend die.

You can never get bored!

Also, on an unrelated note, Go Gamec0cks! I love me an underdog, especially when the other team's star is cheating. ("Oh, but Eddie, it's not him. It's his father." Bull****. Either way, he shouldn't be eligible.)

EDIT: Ridiculous that the forums sensor "c0cks."

Cheating? I didn't know money made you a better football player.

I'm no fan of Auburn, but I hate how everyone calls him getting payed to play "cheating". :o

I'm glad they're letting Cam Newton play. If USC wins, I want it to be with him on the field....but I'll probably be singing a different tune tomorrow evening.

And I've been putting up with the hype's bias towards my team for years now. So go Gamecock....s

It'll be a good game. I'm pulling for Auburn just because I do not want TCU playing in the National Championship.

Oh, and yea, I'm disappointed Super Max isn't getting made. I was really excited for that one's prospects.

As for the no one gives a s*** about Green Arrow, that's probably true. But very few people give s***s about Doctor Strange, Ant Man, and Deadpool, and they're getting movies haha.

Cheating? I didn't know money made you a better football player.

I'm no fan of Auburn, but I hate how everyone calls him getting payed to play "cheating". :o
Any violation of the rules is cheating, regardless of whether it affects his ability to play/talent.

It'll be a good game. I'm pulling for Auburn just because I do not want TCU playing in the National Championship.

**** you and your BCS loving mentality! Death to the BCS and its supervillainesque cold and calculating logic and love of BCS schools.

Any violation of the rules is cheating, regardless of whether it affects his ability to play/talent.

Meh. I just want to see a good, fair game of football. I couldn't care less if all the guys were getting paid like NFL players.

Besides, everyone in America is fooling themselves if they think every star player on every big-time college football team isn't getting some kind of compensation.

**** you and your BCS loving mentality! Death to the BCS and its supervillainesque cold and calculating logic and love of BCS schools.

Oh, I hate the freaking BCS with a passion. I just don't think it's right that a team that plays 2 or 3 good teams a year(TCU, formerly Boise) can go to the national championship.

bad place, if USC won tomorrow against Auburn I'd rather see them go to the Championship game than TCU. But the system doesn't allow it.

Meh. I just want to see a good, fair game of football. I couldn't care less if all the guys were getting paid like NFL players.

Besides, everyone in America is fooling themselves if they think every star player on every big-time college football team isn't getting some kind of compensation.

If Auburn did pay 200 grand for Cam Newton, they really got a bad place of a deal. If you count all the revenue he's brought in to the school based on tickets, merch, booster contributions, and the few mil the school will get from a BCS bowl, he's worth ten times as much.

I think he deserves every penny of what he may or may not have gotten.

If Auburn did pay 200 grand for Cam Newton, they really got a bad place of a deal. If you count all the revenue he's brought in to the school based on tickets, merch, booster contributions, and the few mil the school will get from a BCS bowl, he's worth ten times as much.

I think he deserves every penny of what he may or may not have gotten.

Exactly. With the money these kids bring into their institutions, there's no reason they shouldn't be paid.

I know there'll eventually be an argument about the sanctity of college sports and all that with the NCAA, but honestly I'm indifferent either way.

Fair is fair. Reggie Bush had his Heisman stripped (well, he would've had he not voluntarily given it up), and his parents were receiving benefits. So why should Cam Newton prepare his acceptance speech? (Because you know he's going to win it.)

The NCAA needs to piss or get off the pot. You can't have it both ways. If kids and their families can't accept money, you can't give Cam Newton a free pass. Otherwise, professionalize college athletes. As the rule stands now, what he did is wrong, and that's how I'm going to view it.

Fair is fair. Reggie Bush had his Heisman stripped (well, he would've had he not voluntarily given it up), and his parents were receiving benefits. So why should Cam Newton prepare his acceptance speech? (Because you know he's going to win it.)

The NCAA needs to piss or get off the pot. You can't have it both ways. If kids and their families can't accept money, you can't give Cam Newton a free pass. Otherwise, professionalize college athletes. As the rule stands now, what he did is wrong, and that's how I'm going to view it.

I cry conspiracy! The BCS wants Cam Newton to play in the SEC championship so he Auburn can win and TCU won't take the #2 spot. Conspiracy!

Hey fine by me. And I completely get where you're coming from. I don't agree but I get it.

And I do think the NCAA does need to make up it's mind on what it want's to do here. But I mean, you do know why he wasn't ruled ineligable, of course? The same reason why Andre Johnson wasn't suspended after his fight.

It was before a big, primetime game, and the NCAA and NFL didn't want to lose the viewership and the profits from said viewership.

I cry conspiracy! The BCS wants Cam Newton to play in the SEC championship so he Auburn can win and TCU won't take the #2 spot. Conspiracy!
Of all the conspiracy theories I've heard, this is certainly one of the most believable.

Just like how Andre Johnson wasn't suspended because the NFL Network needed him for Thursday Night Football. But that's a different story.

Hey fine by me. And I completely get where you're coming from. I don't agree but I get it.

And I do think the NCAA does need to make up it's mind on what it want's to do here. But I mean, you do know why he wasn't ruled ineligable, of course? The same reason why Andre Johnson wasn't suspended after his fight.

It was before a big, primetime game, and the NCAA and NFL didn't want to lose the viewership and the profits from said viewership.

Of all the conspiracy theories I've heard, this is certainly one of the most believable.

Just like how Andre Johnson wasn't suspended because the NFL Network needed him for Thursday Night Football. But that's a different story.
We can agree on things, Carnage. :cwink:

Betcha he would have gotten suspended had he slapped Tom Brady or Peyton up side the head. :o

Honestly, I'm alright with the casting so far.

Garfield is the only one that I have no real opinion on yet, because he's a virtual unknown, but unknowns and superhero leads have a pretty good streak going for them. Same for Rhys-Ifan-Whatchamacallem as The Lizard. Emma Stone rocks, even if she'd visually be a better MJ, so that's cool. Martin Sheen is awesome casting for Uncle Ben, and Dennis Leary's casting strikes me as an Ultimate Captain Stacy, which I'm completely fine with since the original Captain Stacy always looked... well, 90.

The only thing I'm worried about is what they're gonna do with the costume. Either they're gonna change it drastically enough to bring home the idea that the movie deals with a brand new Spider-Man, or keep the previous series' suit, which was perfect, but would probably confuse everyone when posters and such would be released. Minor tweaks here and there while keeping the traditional design would be ideal, so hopefully that's what they'll do.
Eat your words! Eat them! :cmad::awesome:

Blonde hair still doesn't suit her.
How can it not "suit" her? It's her natural color. Granted, she may not naturally be that shade of blonde, but the response so far has been overwhelming positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"