Dungeons & Flagons: The Roleplayer's Coffee Shop

Discussion in 'Approval & General RPG Discussion' started by Green Lantern, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shlee

Shlee Sailor Jupiter

I have nothing awesome to add here. I just want to say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU GUYS! <3

2. trustyside-kick

trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

To prove to SuperFerret that there are Spandex in the new DC Universe Online game--and just to show how close I got to re-creating my Archangel character from CAH--here is the character I designed:

[​IMG]

I really like the altered design just wish I could have a fourth color option to have some red in there and of course firey wings weren't an option; here is hoping an equip I get looks like that though in the future. Though my name was taken so had to go with something else. The is a lot of fun, but flying and fighting while flying for me took a while at first in the first level. But partially because of the level design making things odd to see if you ask me with the color of the background and the baddies.

Only downside isn't a downside really just a personal one because I love my original design and when you equip an item--as is expected in an MMO--your character looks different. But you can unequip yourself to look like your original self like I did for this picture.

EDIT: Heh, I make actually make this or something very similar a new design for my character in CAH.

#6077 trustyside-kick, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  3. SuperFerret

SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

Ah, so they didn't add anything. That still looks too Ultimate Leathery for my tastes.

4. trustyside-kick

You would rather have it look like it was clothy and show no muscle tone?

5. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

You should put in a request for fire wings. I'm sure it'll only take them a year or two to get around to it. :p

(Seriously, you're probably not the only one to ask for it, might as well throw your name in there too)

6. trustyside-kick

Oh, I learned from my bro I can lock the "Style/Look" of my hero so that when I equip new gears he won't change in appearance. Sweet.

7. Carnage27

Carnage27 No one's puppet

Hows the actual game trusty?

Is it a stereotypical MMO?

8. trustyside-kick

No because it is real-time fighting. You don't just click on a person and the animation goes through the attack motion. It is beat-em-up style fighting.

9. Carnage27

Oh that's cool. If I had the money to drop on it I'd probably pick it up.

But I don't, so I won't. Haha

10. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock Golden Domer

Same situation I'm in. I'd be playing City of Heroes if I could afford a monthly subscription.

11. SuperFerret

I'd rather it look less like leather and more like tights. I'd also like it to not have patterns and styles baked into the outfits.

12. Byrd Man

Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

I got the beta and wasn't impressed. I know trusty is gonna come in here and ***** at me because "It's just a beta!" but I don't care. Played it for two weeks and it never hooked me. Wouldn't play it for free, much less a monthly subscription.

Although the super-speed effects were cool. I'll give them that much.

13. Blacklight

Blacklight Revamped and Renegade.

I rather like it. Aside from lack of powers, costume pieces and overall lag and freezing, I think it's worth it. Not to mention there's more to come with future updates.

14. SuperFerret

As I've said, if I get it, I'll need a new computer first.

15. Carnage27

I get that you like it, but that sounds awful.:funny:

16. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

I really hate the idea of having to pay for a game over, and over, and over, and over.

The only reason I'm even thinking about Guild Wars II (besides what I've seen sounding awesome), is that it's free to play. If DCO went that route...

Hey, it worked for LOTRO. They're revenue tripled when they went to free to play.

17. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock Golden Domer

Haha. Seriously. "I like the game - I mean, other than the presentation, gameplay, and overall value, it's pretty fun." Just worded funny.

Re: "Free-to-play" MMORPGs. That's a total crack. Yes, it's "free." But to unlock more than half the content in the game or to explore anywhere but select areas on the map, you have to pay. I got so mad at LotRO for falsely advertising what "free-to-play" meant.

18. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

Behold your new god.

3D without 3D glasses!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.