DVD/Box Set Discussion

Lara said:
The reason I'm defending KK is I was a poster on K-site at the time and they massacred her over the commentaries. It went so overboard it was almost laughable. I agree she did a fairly poor job but th number of posts detailing her failure WOW. KK come across kind of snooby at times but nowthat I've seen the charitable work she's invovled in and more about her I think she may just be a little weird and have an odd sense of humor. Triplet are you going to be doing reviews at K-site? If so that's wonderful! :)

It looks like it.

Yep.

I'm excited, because DTS totally blew it. This is going to get really off topic:

I had applied for (whatever reason, I thought it was a good idea at the time) a Mod post over on DTS. In my app. I had said something about my reviews at TV Tome in the application form. (They wanted to know what kind of experience I had in online communities....)

So, on Friday Scarlett tells me they thought I would be better suited to being a "reporter" than just a simple mod, given my writing background. Well, that intriqued me more than being a mod did, so I was all excited.

I was even thinking of things I could write about... thinking of people maybe I could even interview.... ;) :D

Then out of the blue the next day I get this PM from James congratulating me on my new post as a reporter on DTS, he'd seen an announcement on DTS about my new "job," but also warning me of getting involved with them.

I thought that was funny, because I hadn't been aware it was official yet and I hadn't told anyone that Scarlett had mentioned the possibility. So, they had put it up without telling me it was finally official, kinda weird since Scarlett had told me the day before it wasn't official and she wasn't the final word on the matter...

Little did I know that it would all go down hill so quickly and that James' warning would be so justified.

So, I head on over to DTS expecting to see my name up there in the announcements. It wasn't. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Confused, I PM'd James back asking just where he'd seen that. He said in the announcement on the TW General Forum about the news reporter. Except now only Mistaya's name was in the notice, not mine.

It was only then that I finally heard from Scarlett. Apparently, they'd had second thoughts because I was associated with TV Tome because of the reviews I did there.

I had a few PM's with Scarlett back and forth about this, but the long story short: as long as I was doing reviews for TV Tome, I couldn't be officially associated with DTS.

Never mind that I've never once mentioned on DTS that I even did reviews much less that they were for TV Tome. Never mind that DTS doesn't want to have formal reviews, I suggested that I write reviews for them as an option, but that as long as I was "working" for another site I couldn't "officially" work for them.

She did say that if I wanted to post articles, that I could still do that but just not as an official member of the site.

What the phuck?

Man, I was hurt. What an emotional roller coaster ride. This all took place over about 24 hours....

Here I was all excited and they shoot me down over doing reviews even though that is not competing with them at all. It's not like they're interested in doing them much less have their own... What's the problem?

They're so territorial they can't share a thing with anyone else.

So, I thought about it and PM'd Scarlett and told her that if stopping reviewing was the price of admission, I wasn't interested in helping out any longer.

It was then that James suggested Craig. I didn't know this, but he'd been kinda looking for a new reviewer and if TV Tome still needs me (their other reviewer hasn't been reviewing consistantly), he didn't mind any overlap.

That's the right answer! I didn't want to leave TV Tome in the lurch. I don't really want to write two seperate reviews either so I'll leave TV Tome as soon as I can, but I didn't want to leave them without any reviewer at all.

So screw DTS.

I still go over there, but I don't post as much as I did and I certainly don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

I wouldnt sweat it trip, its not like DTS is any great website. They're loss, not yours...

The Incredible Hulk said:
I wouldnt sweat it trip, its not like DTS is any great website. They're loss, not yours...

Thanks. :D

Their loss.

Hey, if you're interested I hear a reviewing spot might be opening up over at TV Tome... ;)

I told our dear itty bitty triplet as much. ;)

Yeah, basically I warned her that DFN wouldn't want anything to do with her if she was involved with other websites - I don't like them and want to turn people against them, right? Wrong. I just like people to know of the experiences I've had; and I've been treated like **** on their shoe repeatedly.

My site is also "competition" to a huge site like that now, apparently. :p Can we say paranoid much?

jas01724 said:
I told our dear itty bitty triplet as much. ;)

Yeah, basically I warned her that DFN wouldn't want anything to do with her if she was involved with other websites - I don't like them and want to turn people against them, right? Wrong. I just like people to know of the experiences I've had; and I've been treated like **** on their shoe repeatedly.

My site is also "competition" to a huge site like that now, apparently. :p Can we say paranoid much?

Like I told you in PM, it was proabably all for the best. Better to know upfront what they're like and avoid getting tangled in their webs of deceit and treachery to begin with.

If I was that hurt after only one day of semi official connection to them, imagine what might have happened later... :mad:

I'll be happy over on K-site, I'm sure. Craig is more like me. :D

triplet said:
If I was that hurt after only one day of semi official connection to them, imagine what might have happened later... :mad:
Suddenly my attidtude towards them makes more sense, huh? *sigh*

The sad part is that they started off really, really nice, trying to fit in and co-exist. I helped them out numerous times, as I told you. It was only after they grew larger that they got an ego problem.

triplet said:
Craig is more like me. :D
Craig is more like a human being. :cool:

triplet said:
Thanks. :D

Their loss.

Hey, if you're interested I hear a reviewing spot might be opening up over at TV Tome... ;)

LOL, thanks, however Ive got a few irons in the fire at the moment but if they dont pan out, I may look to do that...

I like this place the best for my SV obsess..er, interests.. but I do enjoy surfing all the various sites for different reasons. I don't get the territorialism (is that even a word? :D). Mutual fandom interests should be fun and should be shared.

Currently I'm feeling very snubbed by K-Site:mad::(.. so I may not ever be able to give you feedback on your reports there, trip. I'm sure they'll be wonderful though and at least I'll be able to read them.

It really is DTS's loss not to have taken you up on your offer.

Serene said:
I like this place the best for my SV obsess..er, interests.. but I do enjoy surfing all the various sites for different reasons. I don't get the territorialism (is that even a word? :D). Mutual fandom interests should be fun and should be shared.

Currently I'm feeling very snubbed by K-Site:mad::(.. so I may not ever be able to give you feedback on your reports there, trip. I'm sure they'll be wonderful though and at least I'll be able to read them.

You wanna know the email title that got his attention?

Are you still looking for a reviewer (And looking to stick it to DTS)? :D

You need to really grab his attention!

Serene said:
It really is DTS's loss not to have taken you up on your offer.

That's really their only lack, no formal reviews. Well that and not being human... ;)

I love what K-Site does for the news, etc. Thats the first place I go for that kind of info. I rarely go to the MB's there except the night a new show airs, just to see if my thoughts on the show match up with the "target demo". Though at times it seems like it's a race there to see who can complain about the show the fastest. I do like a few posters over there in the spoilers forums who have some interesting ideas on show speculation.

The only thing on DTS I really enjoy is the episode caps and the trailers. Outside of that I could care less what magazine rated Kreuk the hottest this week which is what most of their news seems to be. (As a red blooded male I know Kreuk is hot, thats not in dispute, it just doesnt matter to me that the staff of "Diesel" magazine thinks so...) I dont like their MB's one bit and have only ever posted twice over there. I'm more into the Superman of the show then who's hot, popular, or who hooks up with who.

As for here, this is BY FAR the best S-Ville board around because 95% of the people that come here are fans of the characters and the discussion for the most part are more intelligent. Though I cant tell you the last time SHH had any news regarding SVille.

triplet said:
You wanna know the email title that got his attention?

Are you still looking for a reviewer (And looking to stick it to DTS)? :D

You need to really grab his attention!

That's really their only lack, no formal reviews. Well that and not being human... ;)

Did you have to fill out a formal application to do that, or did you just link to your old stuff at TVTome?

triplet said:
It looks like it.

Yep.

I'm excited, because DTS totally blew it. This is going to get really off topic:

I had applied for (whatever reason, I thought it was a good idea at the time) a Mod post over on DTS. In my app. I had said something about my reviews at TV Tome in the application form. (They wanted to know what kind of experience I had in online communities....)

So, on Friday Scarlett tells me they thought I would be better suited to being a "reporter" than just a simple mod, given my writing background. Well, that intriqued me more than being a mod did, so I was all excited.

I was even thinking of things I could write about... thinking of people maybe I could even interview.... ;) :D

Then out of the blue the next day I get this PM from James congratulating me on my new post as a reporter on DTS, he'd seen an announcement on DTS about my new "job," but also warning me of getting involved with them.

I thought that was funny, because I hadn't been aware it was official yet and I hadn't told anyone that Scarlett had mentioned the possibility. So, they had put it up without telling me it was finally official, kinda weird since Scarlett had told me the day before it wasn't official and she wasn't the final word on the matter...

Little did I know that it would all go down hill so quickly and that James' warning would be so justified.

So, I head on over to DTS expecting to see my name up there in the announcements. It wasn't. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Confused, I PM'd James back asking just where he'd seen that. He said in the announcement on the TW General Forum about the news reporter. Except now only Mistaya's name was in the notice, not mine.

It was only then that I finally heard from Scarlett. Apparently, they'd had second thoughts because I was associated with TV Tome because of the reviews I did there.

I had a few PM's with Scarlett back and forth about this, but the long story short: as long as I was doing reviews for TV Tome, I couldn't be officially associated with DTS.

Never mind that I've never once mentioned on DTS that I even did reviews much less that they were for TV Tome. Never mind that DTS doesn't want to have formal reviews, I suggested that I write reviews for them as an option, but that as long as I was "working" for another site I couldn't "officially" work for them.

She did say that if I wanted to post articles, that I could still do that but just not as an official member of the site.

What the phuck?

Man, I was hurt. What an emotional roller coaster ride. This all took place over about 24 hours....

Here I was all excited and they shoot me down over doing reviews even though that is not competing with them at all. It's not like they're interested in doing them much less have their own... What's the problem?

They're so territorial they can't share a thing with anyone else.

So, I thought about it and PM'd Scarlett and told her that if stopping reviewing was the price of admission, I wasn't interested in helping out any longer.

It was then that James suggested Craig. I didn't know this, but he'd been kinda looking for a new reviewer and if TV Tome still needs me (their other reviewer hasn't been reviewing consistantly), he didn't mind any overlap.

That's the right answer! I didn't want to leave TV Tome in the lurch. I don't really want to write two seperate reviews either so I'll leave TV Tome as soon as I can, but I didn't want to leave them without any reviewer at all.

So screw DTS.

I still go over there, but I don't post as much as I did and I certainly don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
I'm sorry to hear they treated you like that. I think K-site is much better anyways it feels more like a REAL fan site whereas DTS seems more like an overprocessed bussiness. It doesn't seem to have any particular personality. Maybe after a while if you want you could move into a reporter positon too.I used to have over a thousand posts there but it quit recognizing me and I had moved on over here. I may evetually try to get back on there though.Serene I hope things get smoothed out for you over there.

I just tried the K-Site thing again.. it hates me. I show up as registered and logged in, but absolutely can not post.

So I wandered around instead, reading various forums. And now I'm a little depressed. I just don't think I'm watching the same show as everyone else sometimes. I know interpretation is highly subjective.. but honestly the bashing is really getting to me today. Maybe a lot of fans have just lost their enthusiasm for the show after 4 seasons. I haven't and I'm starting to feel like a freak for still liking the things I've liked about it from the start, and for enjoying some of the different ways they've taken the storylines.

I'm just moody today. :(

Serene said:
I like this place the best for my SV obsess..er, interests.. but I do enjoy surfing all the various sites for different reasons. I don't get the territorialism (is that even a word? :D). Mutual fandom interests should be fun and should be shared...
Ah, but when it comes to Superman, the fandom isn't always mutual. LOL But that's okay - there's a BBS out there for everybody, and while it may be fun to visit, I know where "home" is. :D

Did you have to fill out a formal application to do that, or did you just link to your old stuff at TVTome?
Craig? Formal? You must be kidding. :p

As for here, this is BY FAR the best S-Ville board around because 95% of the people that come here are fans of the characters and the discussion for the most part are more intelligent.
:up: :up: :up:

I totally agree. Best SV board on the Net, by far!

Serene said:
...the bashing is really getting to me today. Maybe a lot of fans have just lost their enthusiasm for the show after 4 seasons. I haven't and I'm starting to feel like a freak for still liking the things I've liked about it from the start, and for enjoying some of the different ways they've taken the storylines...
We're on the same wavelength, babe. My love and enthusiasm for the show has not waned one iota. In fact, I'm pretty close to being fanatical over it (which should explain the reasoning in my last PM - hope I didn't scare ya. :hyper: ) There ARE things I don't like, but it's pretty minor stuff compared to everything that I DO like.

jas01724 said:
Craig? Formal? You must be kidding. :p
Hee! I don't know much about Craig, but the more I hear about him, the more I'd love to meet him. LOL

He read at least one of my reviews, Sacred, and said he really liked the way that I talked about more than just the writing and acting.

James had emailed him for me before hand so he knew what was up before I emailed him and had told James he was interested but I didn't want to wait to hear back, since the next new ep is next week.

That's when I emailed him so there wasn't a formal application form or anything like that.

Lara said:
I'm sorry to hear they treated you like that.

Thanks.

I'm over it. I'll still post over there from time to time, but nothing like I had been.

Lara said:
I think K-site is much better anyways it feels more like a REAL fan site whereas DTS seems more like an overprocessed bussiness. It doesn't seem to have any particular personality. Maybe after a while if you want you could move into a reporter positon too.I used to have over a thousand posts there but it quit recognizing me and I had moved on over here. I may evetually try to get back on there though.Serene I hope things get smoothed out for you over there.

I'm happiest here. Best SV convo 'round the net that I've found, aside from the odd troll that comes in from time to time that is.

Back when I was on K-site I almost suggested a forum for older posters. Then I found exactly what I was looking for here. Somebody break out the group hug icon.

As for here, this is BY FAR the best S-Ville board around because 95% of the people that come here are fans of the characters and the discussion for the most part are more intelligent.
I've been thinking about this (while wallowing in my funk). It's the intelligence and maybe more importantly, the maturity. I don't mean to sound like I'm intolerant of people who bash the show in all cases. There are things we *all* have complained about. It's not a perfect show by any means. - except perhaps visually.. but I digress;). When trying to figure out why it is that I have no problem with any of you guys complaining about Lana, or praising Lois, or disliking episodes I liked.. when it gripes my ass to read it from others, I realize that it's all about mutual respect. I can disagree with you guys and still luv ya. :)

Bottom line is we're all here because we actually LIKE the show, AND we aren't too intimidated to admit it.

Maybe I need a nap, or some medication..

Good points Serene...

And sorry about your Illini :( I was rooting for them since I picked em to win in two pools and wouldve won both if they pulled it off... :( :(

And sorry about your Illini :( I was rooting for them since I picked em to win in two pools and wouldve won both if they pulled it off... :( :(

Thanks.. it was a real bummer, but it's hard to complain after the exciting season they gave us. I believe they tied for the all-time best record in the NCAA. But, yeah.. :(

Sorry about your pools though.

This:

Serene said:
It's the intelligence and maybe more importantly, the maturity.
Followed by this:

muscles said:
Routh fired yet?
Had me laughing so hard, my coworkers think I'm nuts.

Gotta hand it to Muscles. :up: :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"