Transformers DVD Release Date - October 16th

Still can't get over the fact that Bay indeed read all the criticism and ideas the fans throughout during production. It looked like he was mainly looking over on the Seibertron forums (they showed the site on the extras dvd), and reading stuff.

Sometimes i think all the ranting we as fans do go un-noticed by film makers, but this proves the power of protest. He indeed changed Megatrons look because of all of us that hated the intial designs and spoke up about it... :up: And to me Megs looks alot better.

That is great of Bay to do and that's why respect for him has gone up in my book.:up:

Do you also think maybe he checked the Ain't It Cool News forums? I mean people on there were hateful! But then again, maybe he didn't. Maybe he stuck with the Seibertron boards because those people know what they're talking about.

Okay, so let's start talking TF 2 and get his attention...:hyper:

Still can't get over the fact that Bay indeed read all the criticism and ideas the fans throughout during production. It looked like he was mainly looking over on the Seibertron forums (they showed the site on the extras dvd), and reading stuff.

Sometimes i think all the ranting we as fans do go un-noticed by film makers, but this proves the power of protest. He indeed changed Megatrons look because of all of us that hated the intial designs and spoke up about it... :up: And to me Megs looks alot better.

Not only did he change him for the fans and make him look better, in the extras it was either Bay or the writers. They had brought up a point that a lot of pissed off fans weren't thinking about. Megatron didn't feel the need to hide because of his arrogance, so he was still in his Cybertron original form.

Bay even says that he gave them those forms because it wouldn't make sense as it was in the cartoon with having them with Earth made car parts on their home planet without ever being on Earth to scan anything.

Amazon.com giving away Heroes Xbox 360 bundles

heroeshddvdamaz349.jpg

Adding to our weekend list of contests you can enter, we wanted to give you a heads up and make sure you jump on over to Amazon.com for a chance to win one of their numerous Heroes themed Xbox 360 bundles. Entry into the Xbox 360 "Heroes" Sweepstakes is open right now and all you need to do is point your browser here, log into your Amazon.com account, and enter. Three winners will be chosen every day for the next month with each winner receiving a special Heroes decorated Xbox 360 console, HD DVD player add-on and Heroes: Season One on HD DVD. Sadly, there is no mention that entry into the sweepstakes will give you special Heroes powers. That's a bummer, but winning free 360 goods will cheer us up and make us forget about being a super special hero.
Source

Win this, and all you'll need after that is an HDTV and the "Transformers" HD DVD! :)

If only it wasn't a Heroes version of X-Box...

I hate that show.

The logic the film makers give for the TF's picking their alt modes completely goes out the door when it comes to Scorponok. They said the TF's pics alt modes that match their mass, well according to the toy, Scorponok has a robot mode, so that means he chose a Scorpion as his alt mode. I don't think there's any giant Scorpions running around.

I do however like the idea that each one of a TF's cell is a tiny robot unto itself, allowing them to morph. I think it was Speilburg who said this in the sequel.

If only it wasn't a Heroes version of X-Box...

I hate that show.

It looks to me like those are just gameskins that go over the actual system itself, meaning they'd go on and come off very easily.

Tell ya what, if you win this, I'll relieve you of your skins. :) Cause I'd LOVE to have those!

My HD DVD of Transformers finally arrived! I can't wait to see it, again, tonight. This time in HD :D

Scorponok, I personally didn't see as a specific transformer as all, hence the reason he doesn't scan an earth bound vehicle to blend in. To me, I thought it was pretty clear (in the film) that he was in fact a part of Blackout's exsoskeleton...meaning, like the weapons they form, Scorponok formed from within Blackout's skeleton.

Again, another reason why, size wise, he wasn't nearly as large as the other Decepticons. Bigger than Frenzy but much smaller than the others.

OK, TF fans... how is Scorponok pronounced? please bear with me :O

and I got the one in the middle, third DVD going left

Yup!.. IM just having fun dipping multiple versions of the film!

TF_batch1.jpg
wow...did you open any of them?
which place is the
1. top row far right?
2. first two in the middle row

And yet you're missing the best version of all: the HD DVD.

I think.. I did not miss it...

TF_HD.jpg

wow...did you open any of them?

which place is the

1. top row far right?

2. first two in the middle row

I open it one at a time.. here is an example photo of an opened TF DVD I have:

tf_reg.jpg

My apologies if there were no lable of what-is-what in the photo, for further info, you can check the previous pages of this thread, here is the direct link:

Page 22 of this Thread

More updates to come.. I am basically waiting for my Canadian Exclusives...

for some reason i hear scorpo"knox" even tho it's not spelled that way.

Michael Bay's the only one who pronounces it like that...and he's the director of the movie. :dry:

For those who have the DVD, someone else here posted saying that there is loads of darkness around the widescreen bars towards the end of the movie. I don't understand what he/she meant but did anyone else experience this??

Do the widescreen bars get darker or bigger or something?

Does anyone know if there have been any updates on the HD DVD lately? I mean as far as downloadable content? If not does anyone know how often it will be updated?

Transformers' HD DVD Smashes First-Week Sales Records
October 22, 2007

Paramount says first-week sales numbers for its HD DVD release of 'Transformers' top those of any other high-def disc released on either next gen format to date.

According to a just-issued press release from Paramount, the HD DVD edition of 'Transformers' sold over 100,000 units in its first day of release, and went on to sell an additional 90,000 units over next six days, making it the fastest and best-selling week one release on either high definition format, as well as the best selling HD DVD ever.

The standard-def version of 'Transformers' also made news, moving over 8.3 million units in its first week, and 4.5 million copies on day one, a new record for the year 2007.

The performance of the 'Transformers' DVD and HD DVD has demonstrated the phenomenal success of this global franchise," said Kelley Avery, president, Worldwide Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures. “We’re happy to be kicking off the fourth quarter with a title that clearly shows home entertainment releases are still an event that drives consumers into stores—which is a win for both content providers and retailers.”

Paramount's HD DVD release of 'Transformers' last week came less than two months after the studio abruptly announced it would drop support of the Blu-ray format, and would release its next-gen titles on HD DVD exclusively. The studio reportedly received $150 million in exchange for its exclusivity.
Source

:wow: :wow: !!!!

I think.. I did not miss it...

TF_HD.jpg

I open it one at a time.. here is an example photo of an opened TF DVD I have:

tf_reg.jpg

My apologies if there were no lable of what-is-what in the photo, for further info, you can check the previous pages of this thread, here is the direct link:

Page 22 of this Thread

More updates to come.. I am basically waiting for my Canadian Exclusives...

Just out of curiousity...how much did you spend on the movie?

I know me and my fiance probably spent over a $100 seeing it theaters many times...and then of course my memorabilia/collector's items, well, that's a different story. :hyper:

WHAHOOOO!!!! Screw you Blu Ray! :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"