Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

The Rock was my fave choice several years ago, but not so anymore. His physical appearance alone is enough to be considered, but I'd rather Marvel go with someone who looks more like Cage in the comics.

Terry Crews looks like Luke, has Luke's attitude, and has Luke's sense of humor. I really think he should still be front and center on the casting front.

Terry Crews looks like Luke, has Luke's attitude, and has Luke's sense of humor. I really think he should still be front and center on the casting front.

Totally agree. Love the Rock, but Terry Crews is Luke Cage.

I wouldnt be able to take Crews seriously. He just looks funny and is funny. And hes not really that good of an actor. The Rock is actually a good actor, he was fantatsic in Snitch and was the best character in Pain and Gain. Hes awesome in Walking Tall, The Rundown and Fast Five, a badass like Luke Cage needs to be. I think Rock is a great choice.

I wouldnt be able to take Crews seriously. He just looks funny and is funny. And hes not really that good of an actor. The Rock is actually a good actor, he was fantatsic in Snitch and was the best character in Pain and Gain. Hes awesome in Walking Tall, The Rundown and Fast Five, a badass like Luke Cage needs to be. I think Rock is a great choice.

Luke Cage isn't just a badass; he's a funny guy. He's also a family man. And he's also an angry man.

Terry Crews can pull all that off. The Rock can pull off....being The Rock.

I don't believe there is such a thing as good acting, it's just a way to over-complicate the job on certain actors :o
I disagree. You can't look at actors/actresses such as Sam Jackson and Judy Dench and say they're level with Jack Black and J-Lo :o

L.L. Cool J is Luke Cage!!!! Casting The Rock for Cage is like casting Obama as The lead in Shaft. ROCK IS NAMOR DAMMMIT!!!!!

I disagree. You can't look at actors/actresses such as Sam Jackson and Judy Dench and say they're level with Jack Black and J-Lo :o
Pfft, sure I can, acting is... acting
When it comes to funny, I can't compare Ashton Kutcher to an actor who can make the jokes pleasant

L.L. Cool J is Luke Cage!!!! Casting The Rock for Cage is like casting Obama as The lead in Shaft. ROCK IS NAMOR DAMMMIT!!!!!

I always thought the Rock would make a good Wyatt Wingfoot, but he does look an awful lot like John Buscema's Namor!

The Rock is an good actor indeed but not as Luke Cage because he isn't all black, he is half black but also we nerve have an lead African American Marvel character movies. Sure we have Nick Fury, Storm in all but they don't have there own movies, also most fan of the Luke Cage fan are black won't like the ideal. Now Michael Jal White could played Luke Cage because he is underrated actor, and if the Rock get the role of Luke Cage then I will nerve see this movie because it will take away an black actor to be in a lead Marvel character. I will bet you that

Last edited:
uh, thanks for sharing.

You welcome and btw I'm new here so I'm a rookie. Michael Jal White would have played Luke Cage and still can because he is good for the role. We don't see lot of black superhero in comic book lot, and ever in video games. But the Rock would played the Namor now that is cool but not Luke Cages. The G.I. Joe movie they could have given Terry Crew as Roadblock not the Rock, and it was an big mistaked they killed off Duke because he is the lead character in the G.I. Joe. I just don't see this because Marvel is not giving an real black actor a chance of playing Luke Cage. What is next are they going to cast Captain America as an Asian man?

The Rock is an good actor indeed but not as Luke Cage because he isn't all black, he is half black but also we nerve have an lead African American Marvel character movies. Sure we have Nick Fury, Storm in all but they don't have there own movies, also most fan of the Luke Cage fan are black won't like the ideal. Now Michael Jal White could played Luke Cage because he is underrated actor, and if the Rock get the role of Luke Cage then I will nerve see this movie because it will take away an black actor to be in a lead Marvel character. I will bet you that

Newsflash, many blacks living in America are not fully African, thank slavery for that one, and lets not forget about that one drop rule.

I don't see the Rock as Cage because he's not from the streets. Watching him perform as a con in Pain and Gain made me cringe, as it appeared he was patronizing the thug life. His performance as a thug in that film was akin to watching a high school musical about drug abuse where the lead druggy was Diana Kang the honor student from Bel Air. Rock is more of a boy scout, but his performance as a heel during the Attitude era of WWE should have been everyone's first clue that this man would rule as Prince Namor. I wish Marvel would regain the rights to FF as it would be awesome to see he Rock revisit his former obnoxious heel days as Namor! What is wrong with people!?

L.L. needs a break, the man can bench 400 pounds and it boggles the mind why this person has never had a break in the action department. My first pick for Cage was Ving Rhames, because of his performance in Baby Boy. Cagee is the type of character who could simply clown you without saying a word, and that rage inducing smirk of Ving Rhames would knock the Luke Cage role out of the park. Plus Rhames is old school and would personify the 70's vibe associated with that character. Sadly if they want a younger actor I'd choose Cool J. If not Cool J, then Terry Crews or Michael Jai White (I'd like to see him as Bishop though). btw I hope they hit Tyrese up for Night Thrasher.

Rock for Namor dammit:cmad:

I don't see the Rock as Cage because he's not from the streets. Watching him perform as a con in Pain and Gain made me cringe, as it appeared he was patronizing the thug life. His performance as a thug in that film was akin to watching a high school musical about drug abuse where the lead druggy was Diana Kang the honor student from Bel Air. Rock is more of a boy scout, but his performance as a heel during the Attitude era of WWE should have been everyone's first clue that this man would rule as Prince Namor. I wish Marvel would regain the rights to FF as it would be awesome to see he Rock revisit his former obnoxious heel days as Namor! What is wrong with people!?

L.L. needs a break, the man can bench 400 pounds and it boggles the mind why this person has never had a break in the action department. My first pick for Cage was Ving Rhames, because of his performance in Baby Boy. Cagee is the type of character who could simply clown you without saying a word, and that rage inducing smirk of Ving Rhames would knock the Luke Cage role out of the park. Plus Rhames is old school and would personify the 70's vibe associated with that character. Sadly if they want a younger actor I'd choose Cool J. If not Cool J, then Terry Crews or Michael Jai White (I'd like to see him as Bishop though). btw I hope they hit Tyrese up for Night Thrasher.

LL Cool J as Luke Cage sounds like a bad idea to me. Rock as Namor even worse.

And I'm pretty sure the whole point of Pain and Gain was to patronize the thug life. It was a comedy

I wish Marvel would regain the rights to FF as it would be awesome to see he Rock revisit his former obnoxious heel days as Namor! What is wrong with people!?

Marvel doesn't need to get the FF rights back to use Namor. Fox never had Namor; Universal did, and he reverted along with the Hulk.

The Rock is an good actor indeed but not as Luke Cage because he isn't all black, he is half black but also we nerve have an lead African American Marvel character movies. Sure we have Nick Fury, Storm in all but they don't have there own movies,

I forgot to mention Blade 1 that bad a$$ Psy-Trance opera kung fu buttkick fest starring Wesley Snipes! Oh well, L'esprit de l'escalier!

LL Cool J as Luke Cage sounds like a bad idea to me. Rock as Namor even worse.

And I'm pretty sure the whole point of Pain and Gain was to patronize the thug life. It was a comedy

Pain and Gain was based on a true story and while I like the Rock, he's more high school jock than gangsta, and you are most certainly entitled to your opinion.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nypost.com%2Fp%2Fentertainment%2Ftv%2Fgenuine_pain_HSyvUtjAYnalfiMoZfbDjO&ei=X9GeUem7CoH9igKIlIGgDg&usg=AFQjCNFeELupxfLC028DKxt8VXnIQ8rw8Q&sig2=ZlEyfXaaUyRShRFkhnjRVA&bvm=bv.47008514,d.cGE

Marvel doesn't need to get the FF rights back to use Namor. Fox never had Namor; Universal did, and he reverted along with the Hulk.

Yes they do because someday the Superhero bubble will collapse and people will regard comic movies as a dead fad such as the cabbage patch kids. When that happens Marvel may fall back on adapting actual stories from their comic books (like X-men Days of Future Past) and I sure as He** don't want to see a Secret Wars adaptation without the X-men or the F4. But I'm sure the companies can work together as that would be a major cash cow, but then again too many cooks ruin the soup.

Luke Cage with The Rock playing him= Interesting, more people willing to give it a look.

Luke Cage without The Rock= Meh.

I hope Iron Fist teams up with him within the movie. Could be a really funny buddy cop-esque film, especially with The Rock in it.

so how busy is Rock for the next 18 months? Fast & Furious 7 (?), Sinbad, what else?

so how busy is Rock for the next 18 months? Fast & Furious 7 (?), Sinbad, what else?

Is Sinbad actually happening? Or is it like that Hercules project or the Terminator movie that they keep saying he is doing but nothing has really happened yet?

Hercules is very much happening. A Brett Ratner film!

The Rock should play Myth's Hercules, he will Rock in the role

Newsflash, many blacks living in America are not fully African, thank slavery for that one, and lets not forget about that one drop rule.

Watch Faster and Walking Tall. Espicially Faster where hes a con in it. While not that good films, Rock is good in both and both these movies show Rock would be perfect as Cage. Snitch as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"