E3 2011: Nintendo Edition

Da**I missed it!:(,Any link to where I can see the conference or the info/pics&vids on the new console??

Now that's a big ass controller, but Zelda looked so damn great.

Im not sure this was the right strategy for Ninendo though. I mean i think its a really neat system, but with the PS3 and Next Xbox not far off, will Nintendo end up being behind the "power curve" again? Obviously the next xbox and more so the PS3 are going be graphical juggernauts, id assume the Wii U will end up being behind again

Maybe it's because I use my iPad... a lot, but the controller (which looks to be of a similar size) really doesn't bother me.

Im not sure this was the right strategy for Ninendo though. I mean i think its a really neat system, but with the PS3 and Next Xbox not far off, will Nintendo end up being behind the "power curve" again? Obviously the next xbox and more so the PS3 are going be graphical juggernauts, id assume the Wii U will end up being behind again

I think due to the success that Nintendo had with the Wii and the amount of money Microsoft and Sony lost with the 360 and PS3, I think that the Xbox 3 and PlayStation 4 will advance in graphics the way the Wii did from it's GameCube predecessor.

Maybe it's because I use my iPad... a lot, but the controller (which looks to be of a similar size) really doesn't bother me.

Yea i think its just something ya need to try out, i mean IGN said it looked uncomfortable but when they got their hands on it those fears went away. Im not sold tho, im not sure if i want my controller to be an iPad. Really neat concept though.

I think due to the success that Nintendo had with the Wii and the amount of money Microsoft and Sony lost with the 360 and PS3, I think that the Xbox 3 and PlayStation 4 will advance in graphics the way the Wii did from it's GameCube predecessor.

Yea that could make sense, especially considering Sony's CFO claiming that they aret going to put as much into the next Playstation as they did with the PS3

The controller seems really interesting, I think you have to hold it and use it yourself though. As long as it's not too heavy, I don't think it will be a problem. I can see the touch screen being useful for maps and inventory.

I'll catch up on the conference later when GT and other sites have individual videos up. I never like streaming them since I can't go back.

Plus console features!,Not many hardcore gamers will care all that much But others will&especially casuals!

I think PS4 will actually be full 3D some how and X-Box 3 will have a build in Kinect,With both being actual&official hybrids of a game console&computer(web browser/messengers/Skype for 360/multi-media&computer type of features)!!!

tumblr_lmflhx4eLf1qfabbbo1_500.png

All I can say after all of that is... I'd rather have a Vita...

E3 2011: Playing the Wii U
Nintendo's new console is here, and we've played it.
June 7, 2011 June 7, 2011 June 7, 2011
by Richard George

EVENT COVERAGE
E3 2011

It's the dawn of a new Nintendo generation. After five years of pursuing a "blue ocean strategy," the Big N is shifting to a new console, one that rivals (and potentially exceeds) consoles currently in stores. After months of having IGN's Nintendo team tracking down sources and bringing you a comprehensive picture of Wii's successor, I've finally had the chance to use the new controller and play demos on the system.

In short, Nintendo's gamble works. The controller is the best of both worlds, mixing traditional button inputs with the advantage of having an interface unlike anything we've seen from a home console.

THE CONTROLLER BASICS

What we've been reporting and suspected is true. The primary controller for Nintendo's next console is tablet based, featuring a 6.2 inch touch screen. This new device also features a very standard array of buttons, including a d-pad, four face buttons, four shoulder triggers, a power button and a camera.

One of the more interesting alterations to conventional design is the system features two analog sliders at the top of the controller rather than traditional sticks. Don't make the mistake of thinking these sliders are like the 3DS "circle pad." The texture and top shape of the sliders are much more akin to Wii's nunchuk, meaning the grip and precision of movement are much better.

ControllerInline_1307462319.jpg

The tablet itself appears large, but is actually quite comfortable to grip. The two sliders both being located at the top of the tablet make holding it considerably easier. A staggered configuration would only have worked with a much smaller design. Nintendo was also smart in making the new controller extremely light for its size, resulting in something that might look strange but is not as burdensome as it would seem.

The other major design element is a horizontal "grip" that runs underneath the tablet. The grip, however, is mostly there to house two of the system's triggers, with the remaining two being on the shoulder of the main body of the device.

More important is the fact that the new console is backwards compatible with Wii controllers. Nintendo's demos suggested it is very intent on utilizing its current generation remotes - without alteration - alongside the new tablet. In fact while the number of Wii remotes changed between mini-games, I only ever used one tablet controller.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1173582p1.html

Wii U&Vita are both on my"must-have on Day 1"list!!

Gotta love how Reggie just shrugged off Geoff's questions about the console itself... it's just a box, there's nothing unique or special about it, we want to focus on the controller, because that's what's special.
:dry:

Is this thing going to be able to play GameCube games?

I really like the console design,I just wish it had different colors to it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"