EA and BioWare's Anthem

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]EA and BioWare announce Anthem[/FONT]
Published 3 hours ago. 66 comments.

Gameplay reveal due at Microsoft E3 2017 press conference on June 11.

Electronic Arts has announced Anthem, a new IP from Mass Effect and Dragon Age creators BioWare due out in spring 2018.
In Anthem, players will “explore a landscape of primeval beauty, confront the dangers you find, and grow in power with every step.”
Electronic Arts premiered a short teaser trailer today and will debut the first gameplay footage tomorrow, June 11, at the Microsoft E3 2017 press conference.

Platforms for Anthem were not announced, but the trailer notes that “4K resolution not available on all platforms,” suggesting it is a multiplatform title. (Update: A BioWare developer has confirmed that it is not exclusive.)

Watch the teaser trailer below.

[YT]wi0Uq7QmKm4[/YT]

Visit the official website here.

Read More

PC,PlayStation 4,Xbox One,BioWare,Clips,E3 2017,EA,EA Play 2017,Game Announce,Trailers

[FONT=&quot]

source:
Gematsu
[/FONT]

Should have shown a full trailer because this teaser doesn't raise an interest much for me

kind of reminds me of Destiny, tbh.

hopefully, this is another single player story driven RPG experience like DA and ME, and not some kind of online focused MMORPG style game.

Meh. Bioware's track record has been pretty uninspiring as of late. And just not enough to set Anthem apart from Mass Effect to really stoke my interest.

It sure got my attention now. Not sold but it interests me

[YT]amfbxX1mDH4[/YT]
Looked like Warframe on steriods.

Originally Posted by X Knight
kind of reminds me of Destiny, tbh.

hopefully, this is another single player story driven RPG experience like DA and ME, and not some kind of online focused MMORPG style game.
I'm skipping the video since it's up already and I don't want to take that away from 2k

Here's what it says.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Anthem official gameplay reveal[/FONT]
Published 29 mins ago. 14 comments.

Seven minutes of BioWare's newly announced game.

Anthem-Gameplay_06-11-17-Init.jpg

Electronic Arts debuted the first gameplay footage of Anthem during the Microsoft E3 2017 press conference. The game will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in fall 2018.
Here’s an overview of the game, via EA:
In Anthem, up to four friends can unravel the world’s mysteries and take on its most fearsome challenges together. Shared danger means shared glory, and successful Freelancers will all be richly rewarded for successful exploits. Throughout their adventure, players can outfit their Freelancers with powerful Javelin exosuits, each of which are equipped with unique weapons and abilities. Players can also customize their Javelin with gear they earn and craft throughout the adventure, and leave a lasting mark on the world.
Watch the footage below.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Anthem, BioWare, Clips, EA, Gameplay

[FONT=&quot]source: Gematsu[/FONT]

Ill go out on a limb here and guess a Q4 2018 release date, most likely October.

Hope its earlier though of course.

so you play with friends, but can you play it solo, single player?

and can you customize/create your own characters like other Bioware games?

so you play with friends, but can you play it solo, single player?

and can you customize/create your own characters like other Bioware games?

Honestly would've been shocked if that wasnt the case

Honestly would've been shocked if that wasnt the case

I hope it does.

and hope it's better than MEA's character creator......lol.

but if this isn't a game that can be enjoyed solo, with a great single player story, then it's a no go for me anyways.........

if it's like Destiny or some MMORPG, then I'll pass.

Looks cool, definitely. But I'll remain cautious, just to be safe. Hopefully it can be played solo no problem.

Very flashy demo. The flying and underwater stuff was cool, but aside from that I didn't see much that really grabbed me.

so, I just watched the gameplay vid. Now, THAT'S got my attention.

I mean it had me as soon as you could fly in the suit. Hopefully, flight isn't just limited to hovering, gliding, and flying near the ground. Hopefully you can actually soar through the skies ala Superman ( or Iron Man in this case ) and traverse through the world via flight.

However, I am still confused as to the nature of the game.

It says you can play with up to 4 "friends." But are those friends just in game party members or actually friends/other players online?

In the gameplay, the characters were fully voiced and talking to each other and commenting on the world. But, were those the characters themselves talking or the players controlling them and talking through headsets?

I'm also glad that a female seems to be the default protag. However, I really hope the protag, like other Bioware games, is fully customizable along with the customizable suit.

And, I really hope this is a single player game with an actual story, and not some Destiny-like multiplayer focused game.

if it is a single player game, with an actual solid story, with character interaction and relationships, with a customizable protag, then this game has shot up to the top of my most anticipated list.

Although, to be honest, if you didn't tell me what the title of the game was, I would probably think it was another Mass Effect game.

makes you wonder if Andromeda should have just been this game.

Or, maybe if Destiny was a 3rd person game with an actual story, it would have been this game.

Last edited:
Knight, it seems to be like Destiny. So yeah, those are other players.

looks interesting, now they just have to confirm single player campaign mode and confirm that the game uses the conversation wheel from Star Wars: The Old Republic, and then they might have a home run game on their hands.

If they play thier cards right, this could be GOTY material right here.

Bring back the glory days Bioware.

This definitely has my attention. I'll be following news and updates on this.

It has my attention. In fact, I had a dream last night that seemed partly inspired by it.....lol.

but I need a lot more details before I can get truly excited.

I don't subscribe to PS+ and I don't want to have to play online with others to be able to enjoy a game.

I am a single player who wants to enjoy a great story with great characters and gameplay.

Yay this looks like the iron man game I always wanted! Can't wait for it. Very intrigued by the customisable exosuit

Yay this looks like the iron man game I always wanted! Can't wait for it. Very intrigued by the customisable exosuit
lol Iron man doesn't need rifles . he'd make them may but he won't us them on his armor's where he need's his finger to fire them.

this is just he same as crisis vanquish an mass effect some other space marine games that died very fast . and hen there's the planet side series which is predate destiny and allow no only to play as you in vehicle or on foot they have you use Exosuit's too if you wish . it's one of the few games that survived that does. but they are tone prior to this.

and then there anime like bubble gumb crisis and saber rider and the star sherrif's etc . boy there's alot of them in the anime if you look and those are the only you'd rife and hand gun use next to rocket launchers .

as to customisable Exosuits, i'm sure they mean weapon load out and color and armor looks .

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I thought they meant too. Or maybe some extra fins here or there or something

Yeah that's what I thought they meant too. Or maybe some extra fins here or there or something
well if it's for swimming like deep sea stuff yeah fins do make sense. we'll see. lol it cool be like what they did with some certain type of gundum where they had it use in utilitarian way where one they certain weapeon's for certain types of combat like the gundam seeds strike gundam but that was a mech( mobile suit which was better then mech) and not an exosuit. but that would make the most sense.

Liked the look of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"