EA is making more money off the 360 than all other consoles combined.

PC is not a console. Has EA even put out a big PC release this year?

Natch... PS3 is for MGS/FF fans who sacrifice plentiful good gaming for the hope of insane graphics at some future point.

Besides, XBox360 EA games are only beating everyone else's EA games by a million dollars... how is this even news?

Not surprising about the Xbox 360's figures. But I am surprised about the Wii's figures. Doesn't EA's games bomb on the Wii? Or pretty much the American third parties? I'm surprised that they've made more sales on the Wii than Playstation 3.

nintendo systems have never exactly been sport systems per se........and much of ea's line up are sports titles.so its only natural but hey third and fourth place isnt too bad......

and the ps3.........weird........i wonder if its that whole 30fps v. 60fps deal?

well

nintendo systems have never exactly been sport systems per se........and much of ea's line up are sports titles.so its only natural but hey third and fourth place isnt too bad......

and the ps3.........weird........i wonder if its that whole 30fps v. 60fps deal?

well

It's not just the 30fps v 60fps incident. Their laziness probably hurt EA's Playstation 3 sales, but I doubt it's not that much. The most likely reason is that the Playstation 3's user base just is half that of the Xbox 360's and Wii's and has a lower software attach rate than the Xbox 360's.

It's not just the 30fps v 60fps incident. Their laziness probably hurt EA's Playstation 3 sales, but I doubt it's not that much. The most likely reason is that the Playstation 3's user base just is half that of the Xbox 360's and Wii's and has a lower software attach rate than the Xbox 360's.

i dont believe in that software attach rate thing.........i saw a list on joytiq that show people do buy plenty of games for the wii. if i find it i'll post.........eventually..........and i dont believe in the whole third parties dont sell well on nintendo systems.........if game developer a makes a crappy game and nintendo makes a good one most of the time people go for nintendo's game. instead of complianing about how 3rd parties have no chance on nintendo systems they should ask them selves why:

1.theyre not rushed
2.the controls are a pain to work wih
3.the game is dare i say it......fun
4.they dont try and nickel and dime their consumers..........pay for dlc to unlock stuff already in the game are you serious
5.everything EA doesnt do nintendo does............

i mean ea your lucky i buy those damn harry potter games and the sims too otherwise i would give you guys a penny. instead of buy developers left a right fix what you got already.........................

wow a bit ranty there but yeah EA needs to figure out a way to attract nintendo customers to their games..........and sony needs to attract customers to their system to attract EA's resources..............

im done!!!

i dont believe in that software attach rate thing.........i saw a list on joytiq that show people do buy plenty of games for the wii. if i find it i'll post.........eventually..........and i dont believe in the whole third parties dont sell well on nintendo systems.........if game developer a makes a crappy game and nintendo makes a good one most of the time people go for nintendo's game. instead of complianing about how 3rd parties have no chance on nintendo systems they should ask them selves why:

1.theyre not rushed
2.the controls are a pain to work wih
3.the game is dare i say it......fun
4.they dont try and nickel and dime their consumers..........pay for dlc to unlock stuff already in the game are you serious
5.everything EA doesnt do nintendo does............
You're absolutely right.

i mean ea your lucky i buy those damn harry potter games and the sims too otherwise i would give you guys a penny. instead of buy developers left a right fix what you got already.........................

wow a bit ranty there but yeah EA needs to figure out a way to attract nintendo customers to their games..........and sony needs to attract customers to their system to attract EA's resources..............

im done!!!
I think the major problem with American third parties for the Wii is that they're are the developers of the Maddens, and the movie tie-ins for the most part. When people buy the Wii, they aren't going to buy Electronic Arts' games or Activision's. They're going to buy Nintendo's. Nintendo's games on the system are the best. And if people buy third party games they're going to be from Japanese third parties such as Sega, Square-Enix, and Capcom.

Right now for the Playstation 3, most of the people that are buying the system are the hardcore gamer and Sony ****es. These really aren't going to be the people who buy Madden and the Harry Potters and the Need for Speeds. They're more likely to buy Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Resistance, and Motorstorm. Right now most of the traditional casual base that EA depends on is on the Xbox 360. Once the Playstation 3 drops a bit more in price, the casuals and people who have Playstation 2's just waiting for the price to drop will move in and start buying more of EA's products my guess is.

Besides, XBox360 EA games are only beating everyone else's EA games by a million dollars... how is this even news?

Wait...are you serious about that?

EA's sales are "only" 1Million more on the XBOX 360 than their sales are on ALL THE OTHER CONSOLES COMBINED?

"Only"?? :huh::huh:

Wait...are you serious about that?

EA's sales are "only" 1Million more on the XBOX 360 than their sales are on ALL THE OTHER CONSOLES COMBINED?

"Only"?? :huh::huh:

Serious as a heart palpitation.... :hyper:

But yeah, honestly, while this is incredible, I'd be a bit more amazed if it was more than just EA-wise. That's only one publisher...

But yeah, honestly, while this is incredible, I'd be a bit more amazed if it was more than just EA-wise. That's only one publisher...

It's THE biggest publisher. :dry:

Unfortunately. :csad:

As far as I know, the 360 version is always the better selling version, so I'm sure for companies like Activision and Ubisoft, that they're also making more off the 360.

Maybe it's not 51% of their sales, but it's still probably the biggest moneymaker.

Ubisoft seems to do well with the Wii... relatively to other publishers at least.

b/c ubisoft came out an admitted that they were sorry for the crapfest they tried to push on the Wii and have stedily making better games i.e raving rabbids 2

i know it hasnt been reviewed but many people say its even better than the original :)

G-freeman you laugh but i do believe microsoft asked ubisoft to port the game over to their system...so what do have to say now huh....yeah oh noes the 360 gone casual :0 mass chaos

I don't have a 360, or a desire to own a 360, so I don't really care if Microsoft asks Ubi Soft to port something. It really doesn't change anything, and I'm not sure why you think it would :confused:

I don't have a 360, or a desire to own a 360, so I don't really care if Microsoft asks Ubi Soft to port something. It really doesn't change anything, and I'm not sure why you think it would :confused:

My enjoyment of Mass Effect and Halo Wars will increase knowing you're not able to play them.

But I will be able to play them, in superior versions even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"