EA is making more money off the 360 than all other consoles combined.

They actually make the Wii games look good graphically to the point where the Wii's graphics don't look like ass compared to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (not that you'll ever admit that) and their games for the most part look fun.
I can't agree with you on that. Capcom, Square and Sega's games have very high quality art direction in respect to the console's capabilities, but they're not fooling anyone.

938798_20071108_screen002.jpg

933020_20070928_screen012.jpg

927014_20070627_screen007.jpg

926930_20060510_screen001.jpg

You just won't see the Wii do things like this ever. It's clear where the line has been drawn. Developers, no matter how skilled and dedicated, cannot match the fidelity that the real next-gen consoles can match. It's not about developer laziness or anything.

I think I should also point out that Japan's third party offerings aren't exactly getting great reviews either. Sonic vs. Mario got a 6/10 and RE: UC got a 7/10.

ubisofts work has been all over the place on the wii, but when have they ever been consistantly good...

and for anyone who says that 3rd party companies cant sell games on a nintendo system: IT'S A LIE

if nintendo puts effort and time in their games a 3rd party just slaps any 'ol thing on a disk hoping to sell it.........guess what? they've already decided for me who i'm going to give my cash to...and it wont be them.

nintendo doesnt keep 3rd party companies from selling their games, they do it themselves by trying to pass off inferior
products.....nuff said

WHF we have already established that the wii will not pump out 360/ps3 graphics, but if you've missed what Iwata, Reggie, and millions of wii owners have pointed out...Graphics dont make the game.....gameplay does

I'll even prove it to you:

I dont play many shooters, halo and gears of war are not my thing....but hook up a n64 and pop in golden eye and i can play for hours....even though halo and gears of war are the much prettier games i still would pick 007 over them anyday.

I can't agree with you on that. Capcom, Square and Sega's games have very high quality art direction in respect to the console's capabilities, but they're not fooling anyone.

938798_20071108_screen002.jpg

933020_20070928_screen012.jpg

No image of the Square Project Available.
You choose like the most horrible screenshots possible to the best to prove your point. That's lame dude. Mario and Sonic and Resident Evil look far better than that. Just check out the videos

930279_20070207_screen004.jpg

927014_20070627_screen007.jpg

926930_20060510_screen001.jpg

You just won't see the Wii do things like this ever. It's clear where the line has been drawn. Developers, no matter how skilled and dedicated, cannot match the fidelity that the real next-gen consoles can match. It's not about developer laziness or anything.
Of course the Wii is never going to look like that. You've completely missed my point. My point is that if a developer took the time, they'd be able to still get some good looking games like Super Smash Bros., Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Sonic and the Secret Rings, etc instead of them looking like total ass like Madden and Cooking Mamma and My Sims.

I think I should also point out that Japan's third party offerings aren't exactly getting great reviews either. Sonic vs. Mario got a 6/10 and RE: UC got a 7/10.
You listen too much to Gamespot which sucks ass. I go with GameTrailers which gave Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles an 8.3/10 and haven't yet reviewed Mario & Sonic (which got better reviews by pretty much everyone else).

have you seen the commercials for the sonic and mario game hippie hunter?
they have the rocky song "the final countdown" playing in the back....

also i finally saw a super mario galaxy commercial, though after the game was finally released......weird.......i wish i understood nintendo's way of promoting their games...

Videos are far better at showing what the Wii is capable of than screenshots

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)

Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (Square-Enix)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo)

Now before you go off posing Xbox 360 videos, I am not saying that the Wii is comparable at all. I'm saying if the time is taken, the Wii can at least have good looking games with graphics that don't look like total ass when compared to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 and we can still have something pretty to look at.

ubisofts work has been all over the place on the wii, but when have they ever been consistantly good...
On the Xbox.

and for anyone who says that 3rd party companies cant sell games on a nintendo system: IT'S A LIE
No one says that. What they say is that third party games do much better on the other consoles, which is absolute truth.

if nintendo puts effort and time in their games a 3rd party just slaps any 'ol thing on a disk hoping to sell it.........guess what? they've already decided for me who i'm going to give my cash to...and it wont be them.
And that perpetuates this three-generation-long cycle.
nintendo doesnt keep 3rd party companies from selling their games, they do it themselves by trying to pass off inferior
products.....nuff said
That's also how it works on the other platforms too. Bad quality games typically never have the potential to sell as well as the high-quality titles. However, the fact of the matter remains that Nintendo's strong brands are the reason people buy the systems. Then third parties are ignored.

WHF we have already established that the wii will not pump out 360/ps3 graphics, but if you've missed what Iwata, Reggie, and millions of wii owners have pointed out...Graphics dont make the game.....gameplay does
Graphics can be a representation of effort. Usually the very best games are very good looking. Hippie Hunter said Japan's third parties are, through effort, able to make their Wii game's graphics "not look like ass" compared to the next-gen consoles, when in fact, they do.

I'll even prove it to you:

I dont play many shooters, halo and gears of war are not my thing....but hook up a n64 and pop in golden eye and i can play for hours....even though halo and gears of war are the much prettier games i still would pick 007 over them anyday.
And 007 was a Nintendo first-party title. It also had great graphics for it's time. I'm not sure the point you are trying to make here, but I promise it's flawed.

You have changed nothing I have said. You also haven't changed that Gears of War and Halo are very high-quality, widely-playable games.

You choose like the most horrible screenshots possible to the best to prove your point. That's lame dude. Mario and Sonic and Resident Evil look far better than that. Just check out the videos
Actually, I just chose images which I felt showed a good chunk of the character models.

Of course the Wii is never going to look like that. You've completely missed my point. My point is that if a developer took the time, they'd be able to still get some good looking games like Super Smash Bros., Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Sonic and the Secret Rings, etc instead of them looking like total ass like Madden and Cooking Mamma and My Sims.
Nintendo set a very low bar with Wii Sports and Excite Truck, as well as the expectations inherently set by having a very weak console and they'll have to live with it for the duration of this generation. I don't find it true that Japanese developers are getting such better results out of the hardware than are the Western developers. Sure, RE4 was built on a very capable engine that was very Gamecube-friendly and Umbrella Chronicles is an obvious effect of that. However, in comparison to the Next-Gen consoles and then back to Ubisoft's ports, the differences are negligible and unimportant.

The developers know how underpowered the console is, and Nintendo's message is "motion controls over graphics" so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone when developers do just that. Why should they kill themselves on a graphics engine when the consumer buying the game is buying it for the motion controls?

If they want graphics, they can get them elsewhere.

You listen too much to Gamespot which sucks ass. I go with GameTrailers which gave Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles an 8.3/10 and haven't yet reviewed Mario & Sonic (which got better reviews by pretty much everyone else).
I much more respect Gamespot's opinion. Enduring even while they gave Kane and Lynch a 6/10 while GameTrailers gave it an 8/10.

On the Xbox.
Frankly that's true. UbiSoft's Wii games have tended to suck. They do do some good work on the Xbox with the Tom Clancy games, which tend to suck on any non-Xbox console.

No one says that. What they say is that third party games do much better on the other consoles, which is absolute truth.
Well yeah...that's because when someone buys a Nintendo console, they don't want to buy Madden or Spider-Man or Tomb Raider or Far Cry. They're going to buy the Marios and Legend of Zeldas and Metroids, primarily Nintendo's games. And if they do buy a third party title, it's going to be something like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, or Sonic.

Western developers just have no chance at all on the Wii, they pretty much have the reputation of making nothing but s**t games for the Wii. Mostly because 99.99999984% of Western third party games on Nintendo's gaming machines are s**t.

That's also how it works on the other platforms too. Bad quality games typically never have the potential to sell as well as the high-quality titles. However, the fact of the matter remains that Nintendo's strong brands are the reason people buy the systems. Then third parties are ignored.
It's not Nintendo's or the consumers fault that Electronic Arts, Activision, Edios, UbiSoft, 2K Games, and Midway make such s**tty Nintendo games. If they stopped making such crap, people would be much more likely to buy their stuff.

And yes, crap sells a lot better on the Xbox and Playstation than on Nintendo's systems. Take a look at the Need for Speeds, the Maddens, the Spider-Mans, the Harry Potters, the Tomb Raiders, etc. They sell a lot better on those systems than Nintendo's.

Graphics can be a representation of effort. Usually the very best games are very good looking. Hippie Hunter said Japan's third parties are, through effort, able to make their Wii game's graphics "not look like ass" compared to the next-gen consoles, when in fact, they do.
No they don't, you're just too biased against Nintendo to see that :whatever:

The Wii will never, ever look like the polished graphics of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. But they certainly don't look like ass like in the screenshots that you post.

And 007 was a Nintendo first-party title. It also had great graphics for it's time. I'm not sure the point you are trying to make here, but I promise it's flawed.
Goldeneye was a second party title.

You have changed nothing I have said. You also haven't changed that Gears of War and Halo are very high-quality, widely-playable games.
Gears of War and Halo 3 are cool.

Actually, I just chose images which I felt showed a good chunk of the character models.
No you chose something that would try and prove you point that had the s**tties look possible.

Nintendo set a very low bar with Wii Sports and Excite Truck, as well as the expectations inherently set by having a very weak console and they'll have to live with it for the duration of this generation.
Sadly, that's true.

I don't find it true that Japanese developers are getting such better results out of the hardware than are the Western developers. Sure, RE4 was built on a very capable engine that was very Gamecube-friendly and Umbrella Chronicles is an obvious effect of that. However, in comparison to the Next-Gen consoles and then back to Ubisoft's ports, the differences are negligible and unimportant.

The developers know how underpowered the console is, and Nintendo's message is "motion controls over graphics" so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone when developers do just that. Why should they kill themselves on a graphics engine when the consumer buying the game is buying it for the motion controls?
The problem is that you can't compare the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Even though it's part of this gen, the Wii is its own thing. They chose innovation, fun, and all the good aspects of gaming over graphics which are rather overrated IMO.

If they want graphics, they can get them elsewhere.
Can't agree with you more on that. If a person wants a graphical experience go get an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. But that doesn't mean that you can't have a joy looking at Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy.

Frankly that's true. UbiSoft's Wii games have tended to suck. They do do some good work on the Xbox with the Tom Clancy games, which tend to suck on any non-Xbox console.
They have had a range of good PS2 titles as well. Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil and the King Kong game were very high-quality titles. Porting to the Wii gave great technical transitions but unfortunately, as no one knew how to implement Wii controls the best at the time (and arguably, no one does still) they were judged as inferior. But rightfully so. Nintendo didn't show the Wii for a very long time and didn't have a title on display to set a standardized control method. They have to set the example for their "revolution" otherwise you get a mad-house like you did with the Wii's first few months.

Well yeah...that's because when someone buys a Nintendo console, they don't want to buy Madden or Spider-Man or Tomb Raider or Far Cry. They're going to buy the Marios and Legend of Zeldas and Metroids, primarily Nintendo's games. And if they do buy a third party title, it's going to be something like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, or Sonic.
The solution to that is to stop ****ing out their franchises. Sure, they need to make a Mario and a Zelda for every generation. But they don't need Mario games such as "baseball" "football" "racing" etc. to eat up the third-party offerings. Microsoft had the right idea in publishing only very promising games in cornerstone genres. Publish a great FPS, a great Racer, a great RPG and so on, but leave the rest open for third party success. canceling their sport line was a great movie, despite hurting their reputation in the short term.

Western developers just have no chance at all on the Wii, they pretty much have the reputation of making nothing but s**t games for the Wii. Mostly because 99.99999984% of Western third party games on Nintendo's gaming machines are s**t.

It's not Nintendo's or the consumers fault that Electronic Arts, Activision, Edios, UbiSoft, 2K Games, and Midway make such s**tty Nintendo games. If they stopped making such crap, people would be much more likely to buy their stuff.
More likely but still, not motivated. Nintendo's offerings have an odd way of eclipsing third party releases on a near-regular basis. Especially demographically.

And yes, crap sells a lot better on the Xbox and Playstation than on Nintendo's systems. Take a look at the Need for Speeds, the Maddens, the Spider-Mans, the Harry Potters, the Tomb Raiders, etc. They sell a lot better on those systems than Nintendo's.
But quality sells well too. I know you're not calling third-party offerings to the next-gen consoles "crap" in general, but remember: they are of a high quality made possible by developmental habbits and more powerful hardware.

The Wii will never, ever look like the polished graphics of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. But they certainly don't look like ass like in the screenshots that you post.
I'm pretty sure screenshots are pictures taken of a game, therefore being directly representational of it's graphics.

Goldeneye was a second party title.
No one in the industry uses the term "second party". If it's published by a console manufacturer, it's "First Party". Goldeneye certainly wasn't a third-party game.

No you chose something that would try and prove you point that had the s**tties look possible.
Again, screenshots are a direct look into a game's visuals. If they're not satisfying what the game looks like in motion, remember: that same handicap is affecting the next-gen screenshots too.

Sadly, that's true.

The problem is that you can't compare the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Even though it's part of this gen, the Wii is its own thing. They chose innovation, fun, and all the good aspects of gaming over graphics which are rather overrated IMO.
Nintendo must have felt the same way, which is why they opted for a much less powerful console. Unfortunately, despite not directly competing for style of play, they are directly competing for shelf space and developer support. It's a publisher's job to make sure their games sell, and when the trend continues, they are more likely to make a next-gen shooter than a Wii Wand game.

Can't agree with you more on that. If a person wants a graphical experience go get an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. But that doesn't mean that you can't have a joy looking at Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy.
Graphics in Super Mario Galaxy are more of a pleasant surprise than an expectation though.

On the Xbox.

1.when i said ubisoft games are not consistently good, i mean that they make some games that often vary in quality, some good, bad, and just average...
2.yes its true that if you buy a nintendo system its very likely that they want nintendo developed games, but nintendo cant make a game for every single genre, its left up to the 3rd parties to make those other games
3.thats not true some of the best games didnt have the best graphics, GTA is a fun game but in terms of graphics, ive seen n64 games that looked prettier...final fantasy 7 as blocky and cluncky as it looked, many still hold it with high regard even though square has produced ff that are graphically better than it is.

a pretty game with horrible game play has nothing on a decent looking game with great gameplay
4.ok, so the japanese bother to put effort in their games, good for them western developers should take note. But as pretty as red steel was compared to rayman raving rabbids, rayman won, because it was fun and easy to play.
5.like hippie hunter said rare was a second party developer...though the term is not used often it still applies. Rare was partially owned by nintendo but still a seperate entity, sort of a owned third party.

also.......

i was trying to explain if you would be a bit open-minded, that even though halo and gears of war are miles ahead of 007 in graphics and AI, i still prefer 007 because the game is fun that i dont mind the way it looks.
If people could stop thinking that graphics are the only thing that mattered they would see that the wii brings new ideas to the table. you do realize that we are very close to getting photo realistic graphics on home consoles/pcs right? where do we go from there? what will microsoft and sony do then? Video games became popular because they kept evolving and changing, but what do you do once you hit a plateau?

You keep saying that the graphics on the wii are this and the wii cant do that and the wii is handicapped because of it. But in the end the 360/ps3 will be the ones that are handicapped, if all they can do is make my game pretty and make the AI a little smarter,then whats the point of playing video games anymore. Is that what these 30+ years of advancing the videogame industry was for? To make me just a pretty game, nothing else?

The first game i played on a console and got me into the world of video games was Super mario 64, I was young at the time so i really didnt know whether or not thr graphics were good or bad, all i knew was that it was fun. period. I didnt know or cared how many pixel were on the screen, if it was kiddie or mature, or how casual or hardcore it made me. I had fun playing it and in the end thats all that really mattered. Maybe that's why i can play a wii game and not go "Oh my god those graphics are so horrible" or "This game would be better in HD". Because I have enough god given sense to realize that at the end of the day fun>graphics anyday.

They have had a range of good PS2 titles as well. Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil and the King Kong game were very high-quality titles. Porting to the Wii gave great technical transitions but unfortunately, as no one knew how to implement Wii controls the best at the time (and arguably, no one does still) they were judged as inferior. But rightfully so. Nintendo didn't show the Wii for a very long time and didn't have a title on display to set a standardized control method. They have to set the example for their "revolution" otherwise you get a mad-house like you did with the Wii's first few months.
Very true, but the Wii has been out for a year now. Like what we're seeing with the Playstation 3, developers should have a better idea on what to do with the system.

Unfortunately while we're seeing more and more developers going forward with the Playstation 3 (asides from Electronic Arts), Western developers are going backwards with the Wii developing crap like My Sims, EA Playground and porting Playstation 2 games and simply tacking Wii controls on them.

The solution to that is to stop ****ing out their franchises. Sure, they need to make a Mario and a Zelda for every generation. But they don't need Mario games such as "baseball" "football" "racing" etc. to eat up the third-party offerings. Microsoft had the right idea in publishing only very promising games in cornerstone genres. Publish a great FPS, a great Racer, a great RPG and so on, but leave the rest open for third party success. canceling their sport line was a great movie, despite hurting their reputation in the short term.
The solution is that Western third parties should stop making so much crap. Nintendo shouldn't drop Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, and Mario Golf, franchises that have been around for generations, just so third parties can make sub-par games.

Microsoft most likely dropped their sports line because they were unable to make football games and most people bought EA Sports and 2K Sports games.

More likely but still, not motivated. Nintendo's offerings have an odd way of eclipsing third party releases on a near-regular basis. Especially demographically.
And that's because Nintendo's games such as Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Strikers Charged are far better than what the Western third parties do.

Note how I say Western third parties because Japanese third parties aren't doing as bad as the Western third parties do. Sega does rather well with Sonic on the Wii. Capcom does rather well with Resident Evil. Square-Enix does well with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. And Namco-Bandai does rather well with Soul Calibur.

But quality sells well too. I know you're not calling third-party offerings to the next-gen consoles "crap" in general, but remember: they are of a high quality made possible by developmental habbits and more powerful hardware.
I'm not knocking third party titles on the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 because we do get some great titles from third parties on those consoles for the very reason you said. I'm calling Western third party games on the Wii to be absolute crap because they're lazy and have no idea what to do with the Wii. It seems as if the only titles that are quality on the Wii are Nintendo's first and second party titles and the Japanese third party titles.

I'm pretty sure screenshots are pictures taken of a game, therefore being directly representational of it's graphics.

Again, screenshots are a direct look into a game's visuals. If they're not satisfying what the game looks like in motion, remember: that same handicap is affecting the next-gen screenshots too.
You know that they are not directly representational to the graphics of the game. I say that you know because I know that you're not stupid. Watch the videos of Wii and you'd see that the graphics of games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Sonic, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, etc. are far better than what the pictures show.

Nintendo must have felt the same way, which is why they opted for a much less powerful console. Unfortunately, despite not directly competing for style of play, they are directly competing for shelf space and developer support. It's a publisher's job to make sure their games sell, and when the trend continues, they are more likely to make a next-gen shooter than a Wii Wand game.
That's very right and the solution the problem is if the Western developers make GOOD games. The Japanese third parties aren't facing the same problems the Western third parties are facing.

Graphics in Super Mario Galaxy are more of a pleasant surprise than an expectation though.
No, they aren't a pleasant surprise, they show what the Wii is actually capable of instead of having anime like games such as Cooking Mamma, Playstation 2 ports, and games that look as graphically poor as Wii Sports.

1.when i said ubisoft games are not consistently good, i mean that they make some games that often vary in quality, some good, bad, and just average...
As does Nintendo.

2.yes its true that if you buy a nintendo system its very likely that they want nintendo developed games, but nintendo cant make a game for every single genre, its left up to the 3rd parties to make those other games
Which is why Nintendo needs to stop putting Mario in every game type imaginable. Mario makes products sell, so of course a Mario racing game will outsell a third-party racing game, no matter the quality of the two titles.

3.thats not true some of the best games didnt have the best graphics, GTA is a fun game but in terms of graphics, ive seen n64 games that looked prettier...final fantasy 7 as blocky and cluncky as it looked, many still hold it with high regard even though square has produced ff that are graphically better than it is.
You haven't seen an N64 game that looked prettier than GTA3. I defy you a screenshot comparison of any game vs. a GTA3 screenshot which favors the N64 title.

And Final Fantasy 7 had amazing graphics for it's time.

4.ok, so the japanese bother to put effort in their games, good for them western developers should take note. But as pretty as red steel was compared to rayman raving rabbids, rayman won, because it was fun and easy to play.
Rayman Raving Rabbids is a Ubisoft title and is not Japanese. Capcom, a japanese company, is doing porting just like Ubisoft and other western companies like EA and Activision.

5.like hippie hunter said rare was a second party developer...though the term is not used often it still applies. Rare was partially owned by nintendo but still a seperate entity, sort of a owned third party.
Rare was still third-party. They self-published some of their own games and could have even made PS1 games had they wanted. They had a lot of N64 devkits the software tools and the experience/fanbase on the platform. No publishers commissioned them for PS1 games so it just never happened.

i was trying to explain if you would be a bit open-minded, that even though halo and gears of war are miles ahead of 007 in graphics and AI, i still prefer 007 because the game is fun that i dont mind the way it looks.
I assure you, there are people who prefer Gears of War and Halo to Goldeneye not because of the graphics in those games, but because they are better experiences both in online and in singleplayer. Goldeneye didn't have the plethora of game mechanics, the level-size, the physics, the co-op, 16-player multiplayer matches and the list goes on.

If people could stop thinking that graphics are the only thing that mattered they would see that the wii brings new ideas to the table. you do realize that we are very close to getting photo realistic graphics on home consoles/pcs right? where do we go from there? what will microsoft and sony do then? Video games became popular because they kept evolving and changing, but what do you do once you hit a plateau?
You made a big error in judgement by suggesting the 360 and the PS3 can "bring nothing new to the table". I'm seeing a lot of Wii games that only offer new experiences on the hardware end. Where's the matching software? You could play Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brothers Brawl on a Gamepad. The Wii couldn't handle Portal's complex rendering technology (essential to the gameplay) or Oblivion's huge open world with radiant A.I. (essential to the gameplay), though. You're making the mistake that power is only used for graphics, when the fact of the matter persists that power is mandatory for world-size, A.I., physics and graphical effects that effect gameplay (SplinterCell's lighting, Portal's portals, FarCry's jungles and draw distance) and are much more than just eye candy.

You keep saying that the graphics on the wii are this and the wii cant do that and the wii is handicapped because of it. But in the end the 360/ps3 will be the ones that are handicapped, if all they can do is make my game pretty and make the AI a little smarter,then whats the point of playing video games anymore. Is that what these 30+ years of advancing the videogame industry was for? To make me just a pretty game, nothing else?
As stated above, software innovations are far more meaningful than input innovations. I would rather play a game with fascinating worlds and concepts than play a sidescroller with a mildly interesting input device.

The first game i played on a console and got me into the world of video games was Super mario 64, I was young at the time so i really didnt know whether or not thr graphics were good or bad, all i knew was that it was fun. period. I didnt know or cared how many pixel were on the screen, if it was kiddie or mature, or how casual or hardcore it made me. I had fun playing it and in the end thats all that really mattered. Maybe that's why i can play a wii game and not go "Oh my god those graphics are so horrible" or "This game would be better in HD". Because I have enough god given sense to realize that at the end of the day fun>graphics anyday.
And here's your self-defeating point: Super Mario 64 was only possible with the increased power in the N64 over the SNES that made 3D-world generation possible. Had the N64 had less power, Mario 64 would have not been a reality.

Very true, but the Wii has been out for a year now. Like what we're seeing with the Playstation 3, developers should have a better idea on what to do with the system.

Unfortunately while we're seeing more and more developers going forward with the Playstation 3 (asides from Electronic Arts), Western developers are going backwards with the Wii developing crap like My Sims, EA Playground and porting Playstation 2 games and simply tacking Wii controls on them.
But the Japanese are doing so much better by PORTING Resident Evil 4, Okami and others, while offering up their own versions of low-scoring games?

I admit, they're putting in a little more creative effort, but the results remain: the games aren't scoring well.

The solution is that Western third parties should stop making so much crap. Nintendo shouldn't drop Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, and Mario Golf, franchises that have been around for generations, just so third parties can make sub-par games.
EA and Ubisoft have entire studios dedicated to Wii development.

Microsoft most likely dropped their sports line because they were unable to make football games and most people bought EA Sports and 2K Sports games.
Amped, Links, NFL Fever 2004, Rallisport Challenge and Top Spin were very well recieved. Shane Kim just decided that with EA and Take 2 already competing with each other so strongly, that it would be better to shift resources elsewhere. It was in that same time when it was decided that Microsoft would just focus on strong franchise-building which resulted in the multi-game deals with Bioware, Silicon Knights, Remedy and Epic. So far, it's worked out for the better.
And that's because Nintendo's games such as Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Strikers Charged are far better than what the Western third parties do.
Well to be fair, Metroid Prime 3 was made in Texas, which absolutely counts as "western". Still, hypothetically if you were to release a Wii version of "Project Gotham Racing" up against "Mario Kart" you would get slaughtered, because despite the quality of your product, you bought your system for Nintendo's franchises.

Note how I say Western third parties because Japanese third parties aren't doing as bad as the Western third parties do. Sega does rather well with Sonic on the Wii. Capcom does rather well with Resident Evil. Square-Enix does well with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. And Namco-Bandai does rather well with Soul Calibur.
Ubisoft has done well with Rayman Raving Rabbids, despite that game being rather mediocre while "Capcom" merely did fairly well with "Zack and Wiki" despite that game being very good.

I'm not knocking third party titles on the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 because we do get some great titles from third parties on those consoles for the very reason you said. I'm calling Western third party games on the Wii to be absolute crap because they're lazy and have no idea what to do with the Wii. It seems as if the only titles that are quality on the Wii are Nintendo's first and second party titles and the Japanese third party titles.
Japan's given the Wii it's share of crap. Fire Emblem (Intelligent Systems), Bleach (Sega), Samurai Ghost (Namco) are awful. And in comparison, Rockstar's Manhunt 2 - port seems like a gift from heaven.

You know that they are not directly representational to the graphics of the game. I say that you know because I know that you're not stupid. Watch the videos of Wii and you'd see that the graphics of games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Sonic, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, etc. are far better than what the pictures show.
Well then, I defy you to take the very BEST Wii screenshots you can find, and compare them to the WORST screenshots of any game I posted a picture from. The Wii will still show it's lack of power.

That's very right and the solution the problem is if the Western developers make GOOD games. The Japanese third parties aren't facing the same problems the Western third parties are facing.
Again, Japan's making a lot of crap as well.

No, they aren't a pleasant surprise, they show what the Wii is actually capable of instead of having anime like games such as Cooking Mamma, Playstation 2 ports, and games that look as graphically poor as Wii Sports.
From Nintendo's marketing and business approach, graphics are trivial. Mario Galaxy could look like a PS2 game and it wouldn't make a difference.

Never really thought about it. Couldn't give a rat's ass what Nintendo does. They practically have NOTHING that appeals to me in any way whatsoever.

WHF are you that blind that you cant get it through that thick skull of yours...god i feel like banging my head against the wall, if it didnt already hurt....the 360 and ps3 offer only horsepower and nothing else, can you drastically point out anything different from the ps3 and ps2 or the xbox and the 360.....besides the multiplayer aspects...my wii and my gamecube have very little in common....the Wii's graphics are not game cube level, the controls are not the same, and the wii has a much better online system(i'll level with you though its not great but it functions)than my gamecube.

You missed my point about mario64, i didnt care or even know whether it had the best graphics or not.....it looked alright to me and i had fun playing it.....maybe if you guys would stop worrying about how many damn pixels a game was pushing you would concentrate on playing the damn game instead...hell when the gameboy was taking on the lynx, gamegear, and etc. it had the worst graphics of them all and you know what? It still killed the competition, because of the F**kin' games, MY GOD why is that so hard for you to comprehend! I feel like i'm talking to a brick wall!!!

When did fanboyism reach such a level of stupidity! you keep saying the wii cant do this or that, but do you realize that at the end of the day GAMES MATTER.PERIOD. I didnt say ubisoft was a japanese developer but they are one of the few western develepers trying to make an effort...and not take the easy way out. whats wrong with nintendo making sport, racing, etc. games, people wanted them on their system and ea and the other 3rd parties didnt bother to make them as often for the wii. so nintendo got offtheir ass and gave them what they want, is that bad for them to satisfy their custmers....or should nintendo say "oh nobody is making them for us, guess our customers should just deal with not having those games" . Maybe if they wannt to go out off business.... And yes gta's graphics on the ps2 are deplorable, they were in my opinion one step above a lego.......and made perfect dark look like a million bucks.......but then again that's my opinion.

And for the love of god for someone who's a fan of rare you dont seem to know alot about them, learn your facts. rare was a third party developer that had a contract with nintendo, meaning that they were their own entity(their name would be on games developed by them) but still could only make games for nintendo......hence the term second party developer.......they could not make games for other companies that names were not nintendo...meaning even if they had an amazing idea for the playstation they could not make it....because they were obligated to nintendo!!! do you think rare would have only been making games for the n64 if they could make games for the playstation......uh no!! Thats the same reason why they now cant make a game for nintendo, their obligated to microsoft even though their a third party. Get it? got it? good.........

I'm glad you happy with your 360, so am i with my wii......i'm not trying to convert anyone to either one but if all you can say about the wii is"it has poor graphics, therefore its worthless" thats not logic thats faulty bs logic and i'm personally sick of it. Maybe its good nintendo supposedly abandoned the hardcore, because you guys are not worth the time and effort, nothing satisfies you guys. Maybe WHF you would have been happier if nintendo built a souped up machine that just was like the 360 and ps3 and end up in third place once again. "Well atleast they arent using some stupid lame gimmick" or "Its next gen, but still sucks compared to the others".

Nintendo figured out that people want games they can actual understand and play, and now their lame and not hardcore. You "hardcore"(i use the term lightly) gamers biotch more then women and its utterly pathetic...........

I feel like video games are an all boys club these days, and Now that other people want in Nintendo isnt cool anymore. You guys should thank nintendo because if it wasnt for them you wouldnt be able to biotch about which damn console does and doesnt suck.........

To claim to be a Rare fan you of all people shouldnt be so damn close-minded.

I'm done with this..........

WHF are you that blind that you cant get it through that thick skull of yours...god i feel like banging my head against the wall, if it didnt already hurt....the 360 and ps3 offer only horsepower and nothing else, can you drastically point out anything different from the ps3 and ps2 or the xbox and the 360.....besides the multiplayer aspects
More horsepower allows for much more software innovation. Let me put it to you this way:

• Mario 64 - 3D world: not possible on the SNES due to it's lower power.
  • SplinterCell - Lighting engine allowed for the best stealth model ever used in gaming: Not possible on the N64 due to it's lower power.
  • Psi-Ops - Physics engine used for the core gameplay of this game: Not possible on the N64 due to it's lower power.
  • Portal - Portal rendering technology and physics-based portal puzzles not possible on the Xbox due to it's lower power.
  • Farcry - Jungle-based stealth (thanks to lots of sprite/polygon support) and long-range sniping (thanks to draw-distance) added a new level of immersion and precision to the FPS genre, not to mention the excellent A.I.: Not possible on the Xbox due to it's lower power (The Xbox version of Farcry was a different game)

Hopefully that friendly bulleted list will show you via example the software innovation improvements that only better hardware can provide, and why the meaningful innovation this generation will be on the next-gen consoles.

...my wii and my gamecube have very little in common....the Wii's graphics are not game cube level, the controls are not the same, and the wii has a much better online system(i'll level with you though its not great but it functions)than my gamecube.
Actually, the Wii's graphics are Gamecube level. The Wii's hardware specs were released a long time ago and it was shown to be only marginally more powerful than the Gamecube, and less powerful than the original Xbox.

You missed my point about mario64, i didnt care or even know whether it had the best graphics or not.....it looked alright to me and i had fun playing it.....maybe if you guys would stop worrying about how many damn pixels a game was pushing you would concentrate on playing the damn game instead...hell when the gameboy was taking on the lynx, gamegear, and etc. it had the worst graphics of them all and you know what? It still killed the competition, because of the F**kin' games, MY GOD why is that so hard for you to comprehend! I feel like i'm talking to a brick wall!!!
Mario 64 innovated a lot of 3D-gameworld standards because of the power afforded by the N64 console. Nintendo couldn't have done that game on the SNES, much in the same way that Portal couldn't be done on the Wii. And yes, Gameboy games are fun. But when was the last time a Gameboy game was innovative? You don't need power to be fun, just like you don't need innovation to be fun.

When did fanboyism reach such a level of stupidity! you keep saying the wii cant do this or that, but do you realize that at the end of the day GAMES MATTER.PERIOD.
Which must be why 360 software sells much better.

I didnt say ubisoft was a japanese developer but they are one of the few western develepers trying to make an effort...and not take the easy way out. whats wrong with nintendo making sport, racing, etc. games, people wanted them on their system and ea and the other 3rd parties didnt bother to make them as often for the wii. so nintendo got offtheir ass and gave them what they want, is that bad for them to satisfy their custmers....or should nintendo say "oh nobody is making them for us, guess our customers should just deal with not having those games" . Maybe if they wannt to go out off business....
They won't go out of business just for not competing with Third Parties for "racing game space". If Nintendo fans want more third-party support, they'll have to actively buy more third party games than Xbox360 gamers.

And yes gta's graphics on the ps2 are deplorable, they were in my opinion one step above a lego.......and made perfect dark look like a million bucks.......but then again that's my opinion.
And absolutely flawless "sentence". :D

And for the love of god for someone who's a fan of rare you dont seem to know alot about them, learn your facts. rare was a third party developer that had a contract with nintendo, meaning that they were their own entity(their name would be on games developed by them) but still could only make games for nintendo......hence the term second party developer.......they could not make games for other companies that names were not nintendo...meaning even if they had an amazing idea for the playstation they could not make it....because they were obligated to nintendo!!! do you think rare would have only been making games for the n64 if they could make games for the playstation......uh no!! Thats the same reason why they now cant make a game for nintendo, their obligated to microsoft even though their a third party. Get it? got it? good.........
For someone who's going to accuse me of not knowing a lot about Rare, you sure don't know a lot about Rare.

• In Scribes, Rare admitted they could have made PSOne games.
  • Microsoft bought Rare, Rare is first party and no longer third party.

I'm glad you happy with your 360, so am i with my wii......i'm not trying to convert anyone to either one but if all you can say about the wii is"it has poor graphics, therefore its worthless" thats not logic thats faulty bs logic and i'm personally sick of it. Maybe its good nintendo supposedly abandoned the hardcore, because you guys are not worth the time and effort, nothing satisfies you guys.
You're right. The Wii is absolutely more than it's graphics. Now it has invented genres like Puzzle games, Platformers, First Person Shooters, Adventure games... oh wait. Those genres already existed! Now Nintendo is just doing their version with worse graphics! Yippee! :whatever:

Maybe WHF you would have been happier if nintendo built a souped up machine that just was like the 360 and ps3 and end up in third place once again. "Well atleast they arent using some stupid lame gimmick" or "Its next gen, but still sucks compared to the others".
The real "gimmick" this generation is the new controller. "Wow, this platformer is really innovative because of the controls!" "Wow, this racing game is really innovative because of the controls!" "Wow, this first person shooter is really innovative because of the controls!" "Wow, this adventure game is really innovative because of the controls!"

Sorry, but you can only innovate something once. After that, you're left with software solutions. Unfortunately, with underpowered hardware, those won't come easy if at all.

Nintendo basically gave developers the opportunity to make last-generation games with new controls. Unfortunately, their games don't control very well because the Wii controller sucks. Yes, Nintendo's games control well, but that's always been the case. The N64 and Gamecube controllers were crap. Third Parties didn't do too well on those controllers, just like today's developers with the Wii.
Nintendo figured out that people want games they can actual understand and play, and now their lame and not hardcore. You "hardcore"(i use the term lightly) gamers biotch more then women and its utterly pathetic...........
Fortunately every development team sends their game to a QA department to ensure that everyone who's not an idiot can understand the game. If you're having problems understanding "Halo" well, you have more problems than gaming difficulty.

I feel like video games are an all boys club these days, and Now that other people want in Nintendo isnt cool anymore. You guys should thank nintendo because if it wasnt for them you wouldnt be able to biotch about which damn console does and doesnt suck.........
You're right, we'd all be playing PC games and EA would still be a kickass publisher. I might even be going through System Shock 5 right now had they not switched their position over to consoles.

To claim to be a Rare fan you of all people shouldnt be so damn close-minded.

I'm done with this..........
Oh you're right. When things continually fail to prove themselves I should continue to suspend judgment because otherwise I'm being "close-minded".

If you knew anything about cognitive science, or common sense, you'd really be talking about "human survival". :whatever:

Um i'm only going to comment on the thing worth commenting on the rest of your statments are not worth the pixels to even bother.

One, the wii's specs have never been released to the public, nintendo's only staeted that the wii is two times as powerful as the gamecube, so yeah...next ridiculously dumb staement.

two, rare "was" a second party developer for nintendo they could think about making a ps but they were contracted by nintendo, so guess what? they couldnt! Rare is still a second party developer under "microsoft" but gets THQ to publish games for nintendo by them......so yeah.........NEXT!!!

three, the library of the gamboy was more diverse than the other two so it won even though they had color and it didnt......so.....um yeah........are you sure you know your video game history?

four, video game sales in 1985 plumeted everywhere, including PCs, so you should thank your lucky stars Nintendo's gamble in north america paid off allowing you to blissfuly biotch about them now. Your welcome, ingrate......

five, unfortunately this is the real world where there are bills, jobs, and etc. we all cant spend hours playing a game or learnin how to master a ridiculously long combo. Many pf us jest like to put in a game and just play a couple of minutes and then walk away...that is normal right? to not play a 40 hour game?

six, third parties dont sell games because their games dint have a leg to stand on compare to nintendo games. I guess nintendo should put out crappy work too, so that they level the playing field for everyone? You go to school, i sure wouldnt have pegged you as an educated person with some of the stupidity that flows from your mouth.

Seven, wow you must think your really awesome using the word "cognitive science" whoa look out we've got a mensa member among our posters. Inteligence is something i believe you either lack or just for some reason are afraid to expose it, so you instead express you behavior in a negative manner. Often displaying chauvinist and misogyny behavior, and use of broad generalizations. You display a very pesimistic attitude, which leads one to believe whether or not that is truly your outlook on life or a product of internet and its power of anonymity. You see things in an often black and white setting with no leeyway or gray area. Things have to be one or the other, but never both. In a nut shell you seem to have a superiorty complex towards women and finds making compromises difficult.

does that sum you up dear:)

Um i'm only going to comment on the thing worth commenting on the rest of your statments are not worth the pixels to even bother.

One, the wii's specs have never been released to the public, nintendo's only staeted that the wii is two times as powerful as the gamecube, so yeah...next ridiculously dumb staement.
Wrong.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/699/699118p1.html

two, rare "was" a second party developer for nintendo they could think about making a ps but they were contracted by nintendo, so guess what? they couldnt! Rare is still a second party developer under "microsoft" but gets THQ to publish games for nintendo by them......so yeah.........NEXT!!!
Wrong.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2002/sep02/09-24projectrpr.mspx

three, the library of the gamboy was more diverse than the other two so it won even though they had color and it didnt......so.....um yeah........are you sure you know your video game history?
I said nothing about "diversity" I spoke only on "innovation" because that was what our conversation was about. I even wrote the sentence in an easy-to-read way, specifically for you.

four, video game sales in 1985 plumeted everywhere, including PCs, so you should thank your lucky stars Nintendo's gamble in north america paid off allowing you to blissfuly biotch about them now. Your welcome, ingrate......

Wrong. Arcades continued to do well and the PC saw such hit releases as "The Bard's Tale," "The Oregon Trail," "Dragon's Lair 2," "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego," "Starquake," "Gauntlet," "Dig Dug" and "Tetris" (not the 1989 Nintendo version, mind you) :cwink:

five, unfortunately this is the real world where there are bills, jobs, and etc. we all cant spend hours playing a game or learnin how to master a ridiculously long combo. Many pf us jest like to put in a game and just play a couple of minutes and then walk away...that is normal right? to not play a 40 hour game?
Gaming is a hobby, not a way to burn a few moments. If you want to spend only a few minutes doing something, organize your room.

six, third parties dont sell games because their games dint have a leg to stand on compare to nintendo games. I guess nintendo should put out crappy work too, so that they level the playing field for everyone? You go to school, i sure wouldnt have pegged you as an educated person with some of the stupidity that flows from your mouth.
So when the same third-party games that sell well on the Xbox and PS2 happen to flop on the Gamecube, it's not the platform alone and itself's fault? Sorry, but scientifically that is impossible.

Seven, wow you must think your really awesome using the word "cognitive science" whoa look out we've got a mensa member among our posters. Inteligence is something i believe you either lack or just for some reason are afraid to expose it, so you instead express you behavior in a negative manner. Often displaying chauvinist and misogyny behavior, and use of broad generalizations. You display a very pesimistic attitude, which leads one to believe whether or not that is truly your outlook on life or a product of internet and its power of anonymity. You see things in an often black and white setting with no leeyway or gray area. Things have to be one or the other, but never both. In a nut shell you seem to have a superiorty complex towards women and finds making compromises difficult.
So suddenly 16-year-old-Nintendo-fangirl becomes Sigmund Frued-meets-Doctor Routh. :whatever:

does that sum you up dear:)
Not in the least. ":yay: "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"