EA to develop Star Wars games

Nah I'd say KOTOR is the best series hands down, but DF is quite epic as well. KOTOR was much deeper and truly Star Wars in it's epic struggle, and a massive war going during it. And some of the characters were just unforgettable.

But I'm not slamming DF. DFII was and still is one of my favorite FPS's, prior to Half-Life it was one of the crowning achievements in gaming period. Kyle is a great character for sure.

But something about KOTOR is just much better from an entire world building experience as well. It just had so much more and so many great things in it. Which I just got done playing DFII on Steam, and half way done with KOTOR on Steam, and I'll jump on KOTOR II right after.

Mysteries of the Sith is great, but man it got hard if I remember right. I have not played it since it's release in '98 so it's been 15 years for me lol. But it had some hard parts if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
The first KOTOR to me, is not only one of the best Star Wars games, but one of the best RPGs ever.

I hope they can design a good system for light saber melee combat.

Same here man. Id like a system similar to Assassins Creed, altho sped up. I want the ability to block and parry while engaged in saber to saber battle. I think it could be really cool if say you were engaged in a battle with someone and another tries to take a swing at you, you parry that opponent, then you can have the option to quick kill the enemy or push him away or disarm etc. I mean i can see like you surrounded by 4 or 5 light saber wielding foes and you're just in the middle, attacking and parrying, dodging etc. That would be sick.

Same here man. Id like a system similar to Assassins Creed, altho sped up. I want the ability to block and parry while engaged in saber to saber battle. I think it could be really cool if say you were engaged in a battle with someone and another tries to take a swing at you, you parry that opponent, then you can have the option to quick kill the enemy or push him away or disarm etc. I mean i can see like you surrounded by 4 or 5 light saber wielding foes and you're just in the middle, attacking and parrying, dodging etc. That would be sick.
That sounds awesome! Melee controls are too often crude and button bashing in a lot of games I’ve played but this would bring some real skill to it and that’s what could make the mechanic work really well in multiplayer. Could also make boss battles in the campaign a lot more enjoyable.

Battlefront II is my favorite SW game, intact it's my 5th favorite game of all-time. I hope EA sees the demand for a sequel and makes it... Or atleast makes a spiritual successor

ihhDnP9FOgPcR.gif

Oh, definitely this. And unlike the Raiden game, Star Wars' dismemberment wouldn't be gory at all, since the Lightsaber cauterizes all the wounds.

Battlefront II is my favorite SW game, intact it's my 5th favorite game of all-time. I hope EA sees the demand for a sequel and makes it... Or atleast makes a spiritual successor

I haven't put together an actual ranking, but I've no doubt Battlefront II would be in my top-ten as well. :jedi

There definitely needs to be a Star Wars game with its own Blade Mode.

[YT]owKOjr3RS2I[/YT]

total longshot, but i would love to see an HD remake of Shadows of the Empire

one of the best Star Wars games ever!

would love a 3rd kotor to make up for the old republic,but if EA's involved then they'll be crawling up players arses with origin again u can bet

don't get me wrong,its not the online aspect i object to,just the sign away your privacy crap.but that gets said enough i guess,back to drooling over possible future kotor title now lol

How about a The Force Unleashed 3 that takes place right before Episode 7 ?

Enough with The Force Unleashed. Give the fans the games they've actually been longing for.

Yeah no more Unleashed games please. They tried 2 of them and neither one was great.

Well they seem to only be interested in media around that period. The only reason The Old Republic is still around is because its an MMO that makes them money. So they might as well try another The Force Unleashed that takes place before Episode 7

Ya I could not stand The Force Unleshed. Give us new characters, (since all signs have pointed to the EU being erased anyways). Starkiller was meh to me.

And they will want something that restarts it all, and tie into Episode VII.

Dark Forces was way better anyways but I doubt either of them are getting sequels.

KOTOR sold. Battlefront sold. There has been tons of demand for both of these games. And I don't know how much there's left for the Force Unleashed after the 2nd game. They'd be stupid to work on The Force Unleashed 3, before KOTOR3 and Battlefront 3.

KOTOR sold. Battlefront sold. There has been tons of demand for both of these games. And I don't know how much there's left for the Force Unleashed after the 2nd game. They'd be stupid to work on The Force Unleashed 3, before KOTOR3 and Battlefront 3.

None of them will be sequels anyways. They will be spiritual successors. They want it in post Jedi era.

To me just looking at the teams it is clear as day that we will get spiritual successors to KOTOR, Dark Forces, and Battlefront. But they won't be sequels/called that. And probably introduce all new characters, some which may tie into small parts in the films.

Still kind of nuts to think all that EU stuff is now out the window. Not that it was gold, but some parts of it I liked.

I wonder if one of the games will be about covering the period between episode 6 and 7 and what the gang were up to in the interim.

Didn't Battlefront II basically encompass Episodes 1-6? Can't see why Battlefront III can't encompass Episode 1-7. Or maybe even throw in some KOTOR era scenarios and vehicles. It'd be pretty dump to reduce the amount of maps, troops and vehicles. Part of the fun for me in that game was to relive all those battles and revisit iconic locations.

There have been some pretty good Star Wars games over the years. I wouldn't count Shadows of the Empire as one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"