EA to develop Star Wars games

All i remember about SotE was playing SotE. I cant remember anything else about it.

Dark Forces 2 was one of the first pc games I got as a kid, I absolutely loved and can still play it at this day and have as much fun as back then. The sequels were really nice as well and I would love to see more similar games with better/more advanced lightsaber mechanics.

Didn't Battlefront II basically encompass Episodes 1-6? Can't see why Battlefront III can't encompass Episode 1-7. Or maybe even throw in some KOTOR era scenarios and vehicles. It'd be pretty dump to reduce the amount of maps, troops and vehicles. Part of the fun for me in that game was to relive all those battles and revisit iconic locations.

They could, but I doubt they will use the name. It's possible with that one. But I still think they want to start fresh. It's not like the game will need "name" recognition. It's Star Wars Post Jedi tying in with Episode VII with the makers of Battlefield behind it lol.

Man, Rogue Squadron. Now that id like to see sequels to. That or the Tie Fighter series.

Agreed. X-Wing/TIE Fighter games were amazing. So was the first few Rouge Squadron games. Rouge Leader on the GC was amazing, a great launch title for that system.

I never mind playing the battle of Hoth lol. I never grow tired of taking down Imperial Walkers.

Wow, I've really not played that many Star Wars games apparently. :csad:

I remember just replaying the Battle of Endor level in Rogue Squadron over and over again.

I think my fav level was the Battle over Endor. I just remember there being a TON of enemies coming right at you. It felt really epic. I need to find that game and pick it up.

I also loved how you could use codes to get different ships. Loved using the Naboo Starfighter

X-Wing Alliance was really good too.

Swtiefightercd.jpg

I wouldn't mind them trying out another tactic shooter like Republic Commando. I don't think it sold well enough, but I actually liked it.

Republic Commando is the only time the Droid army seemed like an actual fighting force. That was an awesome game. :up:

One of the best Star Wars games in my opinion. There was a sequel in the works called Imperial Commando, but it was cancelled. :(

Getting to see the squad as Stormtroopers would have been so wild. Would have greatly preferred to that the onslaught of Jedi games we've had since then.

I still have Dark Forces in it's original case. With a 3D rendered Boba Fett on the back. I don't remember him showing up in that though....or did he?

EA makes solid games but rarely do they make anything great

You couldn't be more wrong. Mass Effect 2 (and 3 outside of the ending), Battlefield games, Fifa games are all published by EA. And that's only a few. EA may do it's best to screw consumers over, but it doesn't mean they are a publisher without great games, a far cry from last gen (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube) when they struggled with non EA-ports games.

Yeah I've seen other websites who have fuelled that and other debates they want to provoke even when the material of the news is not relevant to it. One even posted a picture of a red ring "fat" XBox as the article picture for no real reason other than to reveal their bias.

Some sites just love fueling fanboy bias. It's the reason some gamers feel so entitled and believe the market only revolves around them. Try to mention on some sites that you love mobile and tablet games. They'll go crazy and tell you how those games do not actually count as games.

You couldn't be more wrong. Mass Effect 2 (and 3 outside of the ending), Battlefield games, Fifa games are all published by EA. And that's only a few. EA may do it's best to screw consumers over, but it doesn't mean they are a publisher without great games, a far cry from last gen (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube) when they struggled with non EA-ports games.
Well it's not really EA making these games. They are great games sure but it's not like EA injected their talent into DICE and Bioware and that's why those games are great. The talented guys at those studios who were great before are the ones who are continuing to make them great and EA can't risk upsetting them or that figure they paid for the acquisitions will be just a purchase of a brand. It's noticeable for someone like me who has unfortunately followed EA from their earliest games how the games by these purchased studios are not affected by the normal anti-consumer EA policies.

And FIFA finally became a half decent game in about 2009, after about 14 annual releases of crap that I played through. If a top studio was allowed to get all those football licenses away from EA these games would be amazing by now. Ex EA employees have admitted in the past that they were told to purposefully not make FIFA too good so that they could release every year with just some small but noticeable improvements. If they improved too much one year then the next year's release would struggle.

Some sites just love fueling fanboy bias. It's the reason some gamers feel so entitled and believe the market only revolves around them. Try to mention on some sites that you love mobile and tablet games. They'll go crazy and tell you how those games do not actually count as games.
And some of these misconceptions from loose rumours seem to become 100% confirmed just because they are recycled in the comments sections non stop for every single article on the site, even those that have nothing to do with those rumours. Repeat something enough and these guys start to believe it forgetting what the initial source of the crap rumour was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"