Guardians of the Galaxy Early Guardians of the Galaxy Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think that in terms of comic book films this was one of our best years yet. With the exception of TASM 2 & a few minor duds (i.e Sin City 2) it was a fantastic year.

Agreed. GotG REALLY came out of nowhere for me. I had NO idea I was going to have that much fun watching it until it was over. As a matter of fact, I have no argument with anyone who liked CA:TWS better. Maybe the fact that I was so pleasantly surprised by GotG had something to do with the fact that I rated it (slightly) higher. My low point, as far as how movies were going overall, was late June/early July after watching Transformers. At that point in time, I believed all was lost.......

Edit: The only thing I didn't like about GotG was the after credits scene. I would have much preferred to see some foreshadowing or tie in to the other MCU movies.

Last edited:
Agreed. GotG REALLY came out of nowhere for me. I had NO idea I was going to have that much fun watching it until it was over. As a matter of fact, I have no argument with anyone who liked CA:TWS better. Maybe the fact that I was so pleasantly surprised by GotG had something to do with the fact that I rated it (slightly) higher. My low point, as far as how movies were going overall, was late June/early July after watching Transformers. At that point in time, I believed all was lost.......

Edit: The only thing I didn't like about GotG was the after credits scene. I would have much preferred to see some foreshadowing or tie in to the other MCU movies.
I'm perfectly fine with the after-credit scene because it continues the same tone in comedy the film had. Plus, I don't really see what other tie-in they could have done beyond the use of Thanos and the Infinity Gem that were already in the main part of the movie without it feeling forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"