Liam Neeson Firing Up ‘The Naked Gun’ Reboot for Paramount

Fail. Why can't Hollywood have more originality? What's next...'Fletch' reboots and the like of other classics? :csad:

Ugh. Stupid idea made worse by Ed Helms involvement.

I like Helms, and he does kind of favor a younger Nielsen. Not crazy about rebooting this classic series, but hey.

It seems Hollywood has run out of good ideas. :facepalm:

i think Ed Harris could work. he is old and he has grey hair. i could see him in a Naked Gun comedy.

;)

Will it be dark and gritty though?

dark gritty and with a shaky cam. :)

It seems Hollywood has run out of good ideas. :facepalm:

Eh people have been saying this since Hollywood opened its doors.

However....

Ugh. There is no replacing Leslie Nielsen. Fail.

I do have a problem with Ed Helms, he is not fit to be Frank. Leslie had a deadpan humor that almost no one has ever topped. Ed Helms is too "goofy". You have to have a serious man playing Frank, but so serious it's funny.

So ya...not really liking this idea.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

I like Ed Helms but no, damnit! There just isn't anyone who can do Frank Drebin other than Leslie Neilsen. Without him, this is going to be a disaster.

Eh people have been saying this since Hollywood opened its doors.

However....

I do have a problem with Ed Helms, he is not fit to be Frank. Leslie had a deadpan humor that almost no one has ever topped. Ed Helms is too "goofy". You have to have a serious man playing Frank, but so serious it's funny.

So ya...not really liking this idea.

Exactly! What made Leslie Neilsen so brilliant is that he wasn't a comedic actor. He was a dramatic actor and never stopped being one. He just started taking comedic roles. He was so perfectly straight in the comedic roles. It was the brilliance of his comedy. Ed Helms cannot replicate that.

I just found the tv show a few years ago.

Even better than the movies.

I'm not surprised it's being rebooted. I am disappointed though. And Ed Helms just doesn't feel right for the role.

I do suggest WB cast Helms as George Jetson before the mother****er gets too old to do it as opposed to this.

This may be one of Hollywood's biggest offenses yet

tumblr_lzaz7tGPJ21r39afqo1_500.png

Why can't Ed play his grandson or something. Neisen's humor is so unique to him that no one can replicate it. it's like trying to replicate Ben Stein.

This is ridiculous, the whole series was Leslie Neisen and the writing that made them some of the funniest films ever. Its not like it had a great story or anything, it'd be like remaking Ace Ventura without Jim Carrey, what's the point?

''belief held by John Landis and the Zuckers straight actors are funnier than cThere is a omedians on film. A sight gag or a line of dialogue gets a bigger laugh if the actor plays it with conviction. The straighter he plays it, the greater the laugh. As funny as the Naked Gun movies are, Leslie Nielsen was the glue that held it together. Nielsen, a classically trained dramatic actor, played Detective Frank Drebin as serious as he did from his leading man days.''

http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

:up::cool::up:

Ed Helms is going to make an awful Enrico Palazzo.

I think if this had been a sequel, this would have been better. Sadly, it would have been without Leslie Nielsen, but I would have loved to have seen a running gag on the show where Nordberg would start out being played by another black actor (via plastic surgery), only to switch black actors every time Nordberg is needed.

Helms being in the new Vacation movie didn't upset me as much because it was a sequel and he was going to play Rusty and not Clark.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"