Liam Neeson Firing Up ‘The Naked Gun’ Reboot for Paramount

Also people don’t like slapstick anymore which is a shame.

yeah it just doesn’t work without Nielsen. I wonder why Seth is so obsessed with Liam Neeson?

The last reboot Ed Helms starred in; Vacation.

Last edited:
This could work.

Who would be a good Ed? Idris Elba?

the only problem with, Liam Neeson, that he is a legit bad a$$, action guy (despite even his age now) what made Nielsen work in the role was he didn't look like a typically leading man, but everyone(especially the lady's) treated him like he was this debonair man

similar to Get Smart's, Maxwell Smart{Agent 86} character

but, given that people are use to seeing him in those types of more serious/action roles putting him into goofy scenarios does add a certain comedic element too it

Neeson was funny as the cop in The Lego Movie lol

the only problem with, Liam Neeson, that he is a legit bad a$$, action guy (despite even his age now) what made Nielsen work in the role was he didn't look like a typically leading man, but everyone(especially the lady's) treated him like he was this debonair man

similar to Get Smart's, Maxwell Smart{Agent 86} character

but, given that people are use to seeing him in those types of more serious/action roles putting him into goofy scenarios does add a certain comedic element too it

That's a good point, but I think they can differentiate with finding humor in a different way with Neeson's stoicism. And he's damn funny so if you have the right take it could work.

what made Nielsen work in the role was he didn't look like a typically leading man, but everyone(especially the lady's) treated him like he was this debonair man

Ahem

81W3GIxuvHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The last reboot Ed Helms starred in; Vacation.

I am aware that I am in the minority on this one, but I thought the Vacation reboot was absolutely hilarious.

I think Liam Neeson would work in the reboot. Though I loved the first couple of Naked Gun movies, Leslie mugged a bit too much for the camera for my liking. It was a big change from his pure straight man performances in the original Airplane and the cancelled way to soon Police Squad TV series. I don't see Neeson making with the goofy faces.

So are we going to get this musical montage?

‘Naked Gun’ Reboot A Go With Liam Neeson Starring – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: One of Hollywood’s classic slapstick comedy franchises is looking to make its way back to the big screen. Sources tell Deadline that Paramount Pictures is moving forward with a new Naked Gunreboot, with Liam Neeson is in negotiations to star and Akiva Schaffer set to direct. While no greenlight has been given, sources say its headed in that direction once a deal closes for Neeson.

Dan Gregor and Doug Mand, who just worked with Schaffer on the Emmy-winning Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers pic, also closed a deal to pen the script. Mark Hentemann & Alec Sulkin wrote the previous draft. Schaffer will also exec produce.

Seth MacFarlane and Erica Huggins are producing via their company Fuzzy Door. Plot details are being kept under wraps except that Neeson may be playing the son of officer Frank Drebin instead of stepping into the role made famous by Leslie Nielsen.

I’m guessing there won’t be a Nordberg this time

Perfect. THIS is how you do it.

Now make him the 30 year old son of Frank Drebin!

I’m guessing there won’t be a Nordberg this time

Or there will be and it's revealed he's had a lot of plastic surgery and had a voice change. He's the same Nordberg, but now looks and sounds like Samuel L. Jackson (since Jackson is only two years younger than OJ Simpson).

Eh we'll see. I'm pretty sour on reboots and revivals right now. It's the crippling trap of nostalgia.

After watching the trailer for Marlowe, they’ve gotta do a joke about Neeson’s iffy American accent.

As DarkKnight88 indicated, Nielsen WAS regarded as a debonair leading man for most of his career. After his success in Airplane!, Nielsen admitted in interviews that he had *always* wanted to do comedy but the only parts he kept getting were handsome leading man roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"