World Eddie Brock's Club house part 2

Ugh. I still can't stand that goofy long tongue. I never liked that look for Venom. I wish people would stop drawing him that way.

Anybody ever see this awesome image of Spider-Man vs Venom from the 90s done by Dave Ross? Pretty sweet, huh? Does anybody have a good quality shot of the colored one?

ROSS20SPIDEYVENOM.jpg

As we all know, Venom is going to have another round in animation...he certainly looks good (add some teeth and get rid of the tendrils and it's easily the best he's looked in animation). but the question is, will he be good in terms of characterization?

2244737-detail__3_.jpg

As we all know, Venom is going to have another round in animation...he certainly looks good (add some teeth and get rid of the tendrils and it's easily the best he's looked in animation). but the question is, will he be good in terms of characterization?

2244737-detail__3_.jpg
This is his final stage of transformation/ his final design in the show.

venomlarge.jpg

Looks much better than SSM's crappy Venom design. I loved that show, but Jesus, Venom sucked... I hated his voice, actions and design.

I say he could use a neck...and the tougue is stupid looking. However despite all of this look what we've had to compare him to...

VenomAgain.jpg

smuvandc.jpg

Venom.png

Venom hasn't had the best luck in animation...well as far as his actual character design goes...atleast we had his personality.

I say he could use a neck...and the tougue is stupid looking. However despite all of this look what we've had to compare him to...

VenomAgain.jpg

smuvandc.jpg

Venom.png

Venom hasn't had the best luck in animation...well as far as his actual character design goes...atleast we had his personality.

At least all these Venoms was Eddie, unlike USM, where the symbiote will not have a real host.

Looks much better than SSM's crappy Venom design. I loved that show, but Jesus, Venom sucked... I hated his voice, actions and design.

Really? I thought it was all good. It was all means to an end for Eddie character-wise. I was fine with the voice after a bit. And the design is just like Venoms actual original design: the black suit with huge muscles and teeth.

Venom's characterization in TSSM was maybe the best Venom ever. I loved that he revealed Spider-Man's identity to torment him even more. I also love the TAS Venom, their complete overhaul of the symbiote storyline is iconic and remains awesome to this day.

I did like his design in SSM. I got used to Venom's gorilla-esque proportions.

At least all these Venoms was Eddie, unlike USM, where the symbiote will not have a real host.

Yeah,I'm VERY disappointed with that. Sadly,when you look at the comics over the years,Marvel has turned the symbiote into an gimmick. Traveling from host to host. I guess USM is playing on that theme and just not even giving it a host.

One of my favorite statues. Wish I had it though. :csad:

MarvelDiamondSelectVenomSamKieth1.jpg

http://marvel.com/news/story/18475/ultimate_spider-man_episode_4_preview

Well...here's a preview of the Ultimate cartoon with Venom...or the symbiote...or whatever it will be in this show. Wonder if they'll just trade Eddie for Flash...Flash is currently Venom in the comics now, and they've been using Ock's current status as the basis for the Doc... Flash is EXTREMELY unlikable so far it seems...

Last edited:
Doesn't change the fact that SSM's Venom had giant arms and shoulders, ridiculous pectorals, and tiny legs.

Like a gorilla :o

The funny thing is he wasn't SUPER huge in his first appearance.

Venom_in_Spectacular_Spider-Man.jpg

venomknocksdownspiderma.jpg

07.jpg

...but only because I like gorillas, am I okay with Venom looking like one. Big dumb ape.

Last edited:
The funny thing is he wasn't SUPER huge in his first appearance.

Venom_in_Spectacular_Spider-Man.jpg

Yeah, Venom looked perfectly fine in this episode and in "Growing Pains" as well. The sloppiest he looked was in "Identity Crisis", but to be fair, we got a kickass fight at Midtown High out of it.

i really didn't like Brocks characterization on SSM, i thought TAS was so much better in that regard. in fact if you could blend the best of TAS and SSM into one cartoon it would be incredible

i really didn't like Brocks characterization on SSM, i thought TAS was so much better in that regard. in fact if you could blend the best of TAS and SSM into one cartoon it would be incredible

How so? I actually liked how Eddie in SSM was someone who was legitimately insane and believable in his hatred of both Peter and Spidey. In TAS, he was just some jerk who quickly jumped to wanting revenge for no good reason, and didn't even last more than two episodes as a villain before becoming good again.

How so? I actually liked how Eddie in SSM was someone who was legitimately insane and believable in his hatred of both Peter and Spidey. In TAS, he was just some jerk who quickly jumped to wanting revenge for no good reason, and didn't even last more than two episodes as a villain before becoming good again.

I agree (although I still love the TAS version), I believe the TSSM version of Eddie and Venom is the best ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"