World Eddie Brock's Club House...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Ock. If they just introduced Eddie in S-M3 I would be happy with that. Maybe even show Eddie's hate for Spider-man grow through the film. That whould be cool.

Any idea on who you would like to play him?

venom95.jpg

venom_poster.jpg

Venom.jpg

Well Vapor & a few others seem to think that Henry Rollins whould make a good Eddie/Venom, but having never seen him act I can't pass judgedment (I have just bought Bad Boys II on DVD which he's in so I'll let you know after I get round to watching that). Although he does indeed have the right look about him to play the part.
To be honest, I havn't realy thought about who I would like to see play Eddie. Obviously have to be a big guy, well bigger then Toby anyway!
You got any ideas as to who would make a good Venom Ock?

I have no idea who would make a good Venom.Hes one of the toughest casting choices out of all of Spider-Mans villains.I mean I can think of other actors who would of made great Goblins and Doc Ocks.Not that Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina didnt do awesome jobs and I wouldnt have anybody else but them in the roles.
But what my point is before they were cast I could think of numerous actors to play Doc Ock or Green Goblin.But with Venom I honestly cant think of anyone.

Yeah, it's deffinatly a head scratcher this one! lol
Don't envy Raimi one bit. I trust that when they do decide to use Venom that they'll pick the right guy for the job. There'll be bad place to pay otherwise!!! :mad: :p

Originally posted by VeNoM_uk
Yeah, it's deffinatly a head scratcher this one! lol
Don't envy Raimi one bit. I trust that when they do decide to use Venom that they'll pick the right guy for the job. There'll be bad place to pay otherwise!!! :mad: :p

Well I'm not sure about Kirsten Dunst.Shes adequate but not the the ideal MJ.With all the other actors they are perfect for the roles.But Venom is a villiain and Raimi seems good at picking his villains.And hes getting better at it too.I mean Doc Ock wiped his ash with Goblin in the movie :D
I tell you one thing they better not have Venom look all fake and too cgi like the Hulk was.

I think Kirsten is a good MJ. Theres probably better out there but I'm happy with her.
I agree with what you said about not having Veneom too CGI like the Hulk was. That was a BAD move there. He looked crap. To fake to be belieable IMO.
Ock wiping his ash with Gobby? Nah, as good as a performance as Molina did with Doc Ock, I still think that Defoe as GG was better. Obvioulsy with you being a Doc Ock fan your going to be abit bias! :p ;)

You guys might want to look for a fan peice done by someone called Essex. (I'm not sure if it's the same Essex that posts on these boards or not) but it's absolutely brilliant.

I think Kirsten is a good MJ. Theres probably better out there but I'm happy with her.
I agree with what you said about not having Veneom too CGI like the Hulk was. That was a BAD move there. He looked crap. To fake to be belieable IMO.
Ock wiping his ash with Gobby? Nah, as good as a performance as Molina did with Doc Ock, I still think that Defoe as GG was better. Obvioulsy with you being a Doc Ock fan your going to be abit bias! :p ;)

Not bias just stating the obvious.Goblins costume and most of his lines were very corny.Doc Ock looked cool,his villainous lines were cool,and he put more hurt on Spidey than Goblin did :cool:

Hopefully by the time Venom is due they will have perfected the cgi for characters like Venom.

yeah, GG's costume in S-M1 was abit duff! Mask was cool but the rest wasn't to hot IMO.
With the CGI in movies getting better all the time, by the time they get around to doing a film with Venom, it should be perfect. Remeber, S-M3 isn't out until 2007 so where probably looking at 2009-2010 for number 4, thats like 5-6 yeasr away. Who knows how advanced CGI will be by then. Should be perfect by then though yeah.

ock: "Theres about 50 threads about Venom in the Spider-Man 3 forum.Do you guys think he'll be in it because in fairness it seems highly unlikely?"

No, not really. What we'll probably see along with GG2 is the Lizard (if we see a second villain at all), which is kind of a shame because at this point, I think we've done "brilliant and somehow likeable scientist goes mad" into the ground. I for one am ready for a change of pace in that dept, know what I mean?

Its just wishful thinking on my part. I'm definitely ready for a new type of villain, and the only possible way we'll ever see Carnage is to see Venom first. (Not that I think that's a bad thing) As UK remarked, the best we can hope for is for them to set up Brock. They've been teasing us with him for two films now, its time to go ahead and do this.

Originally posted by Mnemosyne
ock: "Theres about 50 threads about Venom in the Spider-Man 3 forum.Do you guys think he'll be in it because in fairness it seems highly unlikely?"

No, not really. What we'll probably see along with GG2 is the Lizard (if we see a second villain at all), which is kind of a shame because at this point, I think we've done "brilliant and somehow likeable scientist goes mad" into the ground. I for one am ready for a change of pace in that dept, know what I mean?

Its just wishful thinking on my part. I'm definitely ready for a new type of villain, and the only possible way we'll ever see Carnage is to see Venom first. (Not that I think that's a bad thing) As UK remarked, the best we can hope for is for them to set up Brock. They've been teasing us with him for two films now, its time to go ahead and do this.

Yeah you dont want to see another victim of science accident villain.I'd have to agree,but if they are following with their subtle hints then its Gobby 2 and Lizard.And Lizard is also a science victim turned villain.

Very cool art work there suicideking15. What comic is it from & how much did that set you back? If you don't mind me asking.

Oh & MutantCircus, you have the best avatar EVER! :)

venom892, where did you find that sweet pick of Scream? I've looked all over for one & can't find any! lol

The art is from "adventures of spiderman #1"
it was about 200 bucks. I also picked up some other art in a package deal this was part of. including some mcfarlane spiderman and ultimate spidey

Ok, quick question for all you Venomites out there...

Who in your opinion draws the best Venom?

For me it would have to be Mark Bagley's version of Venom he drew for ASM in the early 90's. Classic look, adapted from Mcfarlanes original. He's not to big & bulky, yet still looks good.
Venom01.bmp

So who arre your favorites?

Originally posted by suicideking15
The art is from "adventures of spiderman #1"
it was about 200 bucks. I also picked up some other art in a package deal this was part of. including some mcfarlane spiderman and ultimate spidey
Very nice. Sounds like a sweet (yet expensive!) deal.

Ok, quick question for all you Venomites out there...

Who in your opinion draws the best Venom?
McFarlane all the way, dude. ;) Still the definitive and most menacing deptiction of Venom ever drawn for me personally. :)

mcfarlane_venom_1.jpg

amazing300a.jpg

mcfarlane_venom_2.jpg

mcfarlane_venom_3.jpg

Though Mark Bagley's Venom, either his 616 one of the version he did on the USM covers is a very close second. :cyclops:

Good chioce Dr.Dude. McFarlanes Venom is great (cool examples you posted too), but his face just isn't evil enough for me. Thats why I went for Bagley. Basically same kinda body but with a more menacing face. :)
:venom:

Hey VeNoM_uk!

Great thread dude. I actually thought about doing one like this myself a few months back. But I didn't think there was enough of us Venomites for it. Guess I was wrong man!

I think for me, one the greatest depictions of Venom. Has got to be Mark Bagley's cover for Lethal Protector #1.

Classic.

Anyone posted that one yet?

Originally posted by Ultimate Venom
Hey VeNoM_uk!

Great thread dude. I actually thought about doing one like this myself a few months back. But I didn't think there was enough of us Venomites for it. Guess I was wrong man!

I think for me, one the greatest depictions of Venom. Has got to be Mark Bagley's cover for Lethal Protector #1.

Classic.

Anyone posted that one yet?
Thanks mate. :D
I'm actually quite suprised by how popular this thread has been. Thought it would have been dead & buried by now! lol
Guess there are more of us Venomites out there after all.

As for the Venom: LP#1 cover, let me check...

*checks quickly through thread*

Nope, can't see it anywhere. So here it is...
cover.pl

Thanks mate. :D
I'm actually quite suprised by how popular this thread has been. Thought it would have been dead & buried by now! lol
Guess there are more of us Venomites out there after all.

As for the Venom: LP#1 cover, let me check...

*checks quickly through thread*

Nope, can't see it anywhere. So here it is...
cover.pl

Classic, my man. Absolute classic. :up:

I'll post some of my own in the week, brother Symbiote. :venom:

Originally posted by Jasmine
How's your eye Ultimate Venom?

Oh, you heard about that huh? :)

Swollen and bruised.

Like my Kidney's.

I'm on pain killers at the moment. :(

But if I had to do it all again, I would.

Originally posted by Ultimate Venom
Oh, you heard about that huh? :)

Swollen and bruised.

Like my Kidney's.

I'm on pain killers at the moment. :(

But if I had to do it all again, I would.

You'll mend in no time.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"