Eddie Murphy is Dolemite in Netflix's Rudy Ray Moore biopic

giphy.gif

I find it hard to get excited about Eddie Murphy these days.

Eddie Murphy doesn't look much like Rudy Ray Moore. At least the soundtrack will be good hopefully.

Here's hoping for Eddie Murphy actually doing something of relevance. It's been almost 15 years since Dreamgirls.

That's pretty good.

Looked up the cast and it looks like Chris Rock, Keegan-Michael Key and rapper T.I is has joined the movie.

I had no idea what this movie is about but I'm excited nao that I know who Rudy Ray Moore is and what he used to do. I loved the blaxploitation throwback in Black Dynamite (it's so much fun!, go see it if you haven't already) and I hope this is also very funny just like Black Dynamite. That would be awesome.

Way down in the jungle deep, bad ass lion stepped on the signifying monkey’s feet...

I’d remove the trailer due to language.

This is a thread for the movie.

If we can’t post a trailer to said movie, redband or no, what’s the point of even having the thread.
I guess you're not familiar with the rules of these forums, then.

I guess you're not familiar with the rules of these forums, then.

Eh. I understand rules for some independent vide or some idiot swearing in some review. But come on, for something like this. It’s dumb not being able to post a link to the trailer for the film we’re talking about.

If you aren’t excited about this movie, you’re an insecure, junkyard mutha****a!!!

Looks like another netflix movie with a great cast but will end up boring and forgettable.

Eh. I understand rules for some independent vide or some idiot swearing in some review. But come on, for something like this. It’s dumb not being able to post a link to the trailer for the film we’re talking about.
Well the rules apply to everything a poster links to. So, it what it is. And it’s not hard for people to find these things if you point them in the right direction.

I didnt even know about this movie until now. I’m so there for this.

Now, granted, I can already tell, its probably not gonna be a “good” movie. But it could be deliciously enjoyable to watch nonetheless. Eddie Murphy looks like he’s having fun acting for the first time since Tower Heist.

I didnt even know about this movie until now. I’m so there for this.

Now, granted, I can already tell, its probably not gonna be a “good” movie. But it could be deliciously enjoyable to watch nonetheless. Eddie Murphy looks like he’s having fun acting for the first time since Tower Heist.
I think the shame is that it could be a good movie. Eddie looks great. However, they are going for obvious comedy instead of doing it like Ed Wood or even The Disaster Artist.

I'm biased because I like Dolemite, so the trailer could be garbage and I'd still want to see it, but I think this looks like fun. Or at least fun enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"