Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually screams Lang to me. If that is Pym, his character will be different than I expect.

That actually screams Lang to me. If that is Pym, his character will be different than I expect.

Hmmm, I don't want it to be Lang. I love Lang, I really do, and I want him to be in future movies. However, I'd much prefer Pym to be the original. I could see them moulding the two characters together into one. I don't really like that idea, though it does sound better than just deleting Pym all together.

I was thinking 'he's pretty frikkin epic for a scientist, only a trained fighter would think of that tie trick.' It does seem to indicate that the spy take on Ant-Man is still what's going on. It'll be interesting to see how Pym plays into this, as Lang's 'Q' or mentor? Could be really interesting.

Impressed by that fan's storyboarding of the ComicCon test footage.

My initial reaction was that it was reminiscent of Nightcrawler in X2.
Now you see me, now you don't. Keeping his opponents confused and disoriented as to where he'll strike next. The other thing that stood out was it DID NOT FEEL SILLY!!! :)

i always thought Ant-Man would look like a lame ass onscreen, but that footage was pretty cool. it did remind me of the X2 opening scene with Nightcrawler taking out the Secret Service agents.

i feel like the first antman minisode from avengers earths mightiest heroes should shut up anyone who doesnt think hes awesome

Last edited:
I like how people suddenly think this may not be such a bad idea after all after seeing the small clip. Make me wonder what the hell you guys were visualizing before that? An Ant Man movie has many cool opportunities for cool scenes like that one. Just use your a imagination a tad.

Sometimes people need a visual prodding to see the possibilities.

I, of course, have been saying all along how cool he could be /horntoot

I like how people suddenly think this may not be such a bad idea after all after seeing the small clip. Make me wonder what the hell you guys were visualizing before that? An Ant Man movie has many cool opportunities for cool scenes like that one. Just use your a imagination a tad.

That's because a lot of people are still stuck on "Honey I shrunk the kids" and even some here suggest that this should be emphasised to make Ant-Man work. Who was it who was comparing it to that, and saying how Jason Segel would be perfect for that type of comedy movie?

Lol, I remember the Segal suggestions a few days ago maybe last week.

That's because a lot of people are still stuck on "Honey I shrunk the kids" and even some here suggest that this should be emphasised to make Ant-Man work. Who was it who was comparing it to that, and saying how Jason Segel would be perfect for that type of comedy movie?
I loved "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids"! Rick Moranis needs to come back and make awesome, heartwarming kids movies again. Also, he would have been the perfect Hank Pym in his day! Haha, well maybe not.

OH, NOW I GET IT! FRENCH CLASS!!!

Beating the hell out of you switching from Ant size to regular size is Ant-Mans M.O :woot:
Ant_Man_7_3.jpg

take this with a grain of salt I suppose, but that Roger Wardell guy on Twitter who seems to either have some kind of inside Marvel scoop or is really good at making stuff up said this: " @RogerWardell Inside News: Advanced Ideas Mechanics (AIM) has a major role in the current draft of Ant-Man."

I dunno if that means anything to anyone at the moment but I guess we'll have to see where AIM goes in IronMan3 haha.

link: https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/254423307439456256

Wouldn't shock. The more useful elements they can put in place before Ant-Man, the better. Of course, because its logical, this also means its an easy guess to make if one were to pretend to insider knowledge.

Wouldn't shock. The more useful elements they can put in place before Ant-Man, the better. Of course, because its logical, this also means its an easy guess to make if one were to pretend to insider knowledge.

Yeah, associating AIM with Hank Pym is an easy guess. I pretty much expect it at this point.

The flick needs bad guys so I see no problem.

I do want yellow jumpsuits and bucketheads however. :D

How the Nazis scientists looked at the beginning of Hellboy would look good for AIM

Can another guy pitch a Hank/Janet story to Marvel and not have it conflict with Wright's Lang-centric one?

Words can't describe how annoyed I'll be if it's a Lang movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"