Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by The Avatar, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

Even more interesting is that Avi Arad is apparently producing it, with Paramount distributing. I am not sure how accurate this source is in general. The article incorrectly states that filming will start in January 2012, which is obviously not true.

If true, it's weird to me that Ant-Man would start filming two months before CA:TWS starts filming and yet it is scheduled to be released over 1.5 years after CA:TWS's release.

2. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Your probably right Cherokeesam.

It says Nathan Fillion is mentioned for the role which is probably based off internet speculation as a section of fans want him to play the role despite the fact his said repeatedly over the last couple years his not intrested. Fillion could be bluffing but that seems unlikely.

Marvel likes signing its actors up for multi-movie deals and its unlikely an actor in a ongoing tv show lead role is going to get the role (Kat Dennings and Don Cheadle are supporting characters so don't have to be on the set of their movies as much).

Whoever is playing Pym and Lang has got to have a clear schedule to film sometime in 2013 or 14 and be willing to commit to a potentially multiple apperances.

3. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I call BS on that story. I don't trust much on examiner.com articles because they are written by non-journalists/fans and their sources are somewhat dubious.

4. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

That casting call site indicates the film will be shot in England, at Pinewood Studios and other locations in London and around the UK.

I think from this point on, all fancasting needs to be restricted to Brits and/or other Europeans. ;)

And I'm not entirely joking....I suspected as soon as Wright was attached that he was shooting for a British version of the superhero. Which is fine by me; I like the idea of a British Pym.

5. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Might end up being Simon Pegg after all

6. chamber-music

Just because they are shootin in the UK doesn't mean the lead actors will be British.

Captain America First Avenger, X-Men:Fist Class, Superman 3 and 4, Thor 2, Burton and Nolan Batman films all filmed in the UK as well. They had plenty of American and Canadian actors.

Even if they did cast British actors I still think they will do American accents.

7. cherokeesam

Of course it doesn't mean the actors *have* to be British; it's just that the fact that Wright is overwhelmingly a "British" director who's set all but one or two of his movies in England. Couple that with the fact that this report indicates all the filming takes place in the UK, and, well. Marvel Studios could afford to diversify to reach other markets, like the UK and Europe.

8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I imagine writer of that article got most of his information from Google or something.

There's nothing to indicate Fillion is in talks for the role. Or that the story will be the story of Hank Pym.

9. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I feel totally safe saying that article is total bollocks. Aside from the idea that Ant Man would film before Cap2, GotG & TA2 only to be released after them is nonsensical - Wright is in the middle of filming "World's End" at the moment, post production on that will run well into next year and it'll be released next August.

He'd literally need to be doing pre-production for Ant Man now while filming an entirely different movie, then go into post-production on WE while starting filming on Ant Man.
    Silly internet.
    [​IMG]

Also, I'm pretty sure Fillion said he didn't want to do Ant Man.

Logic dictates Ant Man moving into pre-production, at the earliest, late '13, after World's End is done and dusted. Filming mid '14, release Nov '15.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  10. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Im assuming this is untrue, but lets say it is true for a moment. Could that mean that marvel studios is possibly trying to get out ant-man sometime in late 2014, before avengers 2?

11. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I'm going to declare that artical as genuine as Micheal Jackson's nose.

12. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

i'd be pefectly ok with it being a primarily brit cast. this is the one marvel movie where you could get away with it; even adds some diversity. there are many talented actors from the area that could elevate the material/surprise an american audience. Pym was kidnapped by skrulls after an Oxford teaching engagement. and even his old adventures had him as a traveler. works for Jan too since she's a wealthy young woman interested in fashion. she'd surely be globe-trotting. Cumberbatch springs to mind for Pym but he's not the only candidate. if he hadn't gotten so popular, Tom Hardy would have been my choice. if he were older, i'd cast Jamie Bell as Lang. now, i'm not sure. eh, it doesn't matter. not sure about Janet, either.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1750052864/nm0068260

13. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

I think it would be cool for Pym to be British, and speak in an accent and everything. Could be a cool addition to the MCU having diverse characters, not just USA guys.

14. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

Art work from the Avengers Alliance game.

[​IMG]

15. chamber-music

Cool suit. I've never loved the antennae eyebrows though.

16. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

how else would he communicate with really really large insects?

17. cherokeesam

That's what the helmet's for. It's more iconic, and a heckuva lot cooler looking, than the silver-age antennae.

I've been playing the new Pym spec op missions on Avengers Alliance, and it's pretty cool seeing Giant-Man in action (so to speak).

18. InternetPeople

InternetPeople Petty... and tiny

I like the suit but he needs the helmet. Good color combo will help him standout from the others on the screen.

19. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

So, uh, the footage is out there on the internet. Looks pretty neat.

20. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

You mean the test footage from a long time ago?

21. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Yep. A cam version from comic con

22. Spideyman123

Spideyman123 Well-Known Member

xLuPihHkPt0

Ant-Man Teaser

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  23. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

You should probably edit that out. The mods won't like you actually linking to bootleg footage

Also, the helmet looks like Ultron :awesome:

24. socool

socool True

Wow. That test footage was spectacular. I really hope Edgar gets to follow-up on that vision. It seems damn impressive so far. Plus, I think they managed to create one really cool suit so far. Man, I'm actually excited for this now.

25. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

Yeah, that was pretty impressive. I'd love to see what he can do with a full budget and full time line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.