Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by The Avatar, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ant-manic Registered

why? he's not selling them at Hot Topic. the suit was designed for a purpose. both Captain America and Spider-man had "busy" designs, the first time out.

2. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

So the leaked footage finally found its way to Youtube? Cheers. :)

Dunno how long it'll stay up....hope everybody downloads the hell out of that **** to preserve its awesome memory for years to come.

The scene looked great. I really hope the fact that the video isn't down (yet) is a good indication that the HD official version is coming soon. Probably for the Phase I Boxed Set, if that April 2 release date is accurate.

Wish we could find out who the three actors in this scene are, though. Even though they're undoubtedly stand-ins and not part of the official Ant-Man cast, I'd like to know if they've got any scoops on the short time they worked on this.

3. The Squirrel Le Rongeur

That footage is cool.

4. Angamb Registered

awesome!!! so so cool!!

I was really hyped with the movie announcement, and was so confident that the movie would be really cool, funny, fresh and badass at the same time, and this has just proved it.

Cant wait already!

5. Mr. Dent Registered

It actually looks pretty badass. The helmet looks like a Borderlands Psycho mask.

The effects and stuff aren't finished, as this is just test footage, so the size shifting will look smoother in the final product as well.

#980 Mr. Dent, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. Kane52630 TURBO KILLER USER

I've saved it and gif'd it. :woot:

7. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

The only problem I have with Ant-Man is his name, it will never not sound lame to me.

8. mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Spider-Man sounds cooler? lol

I feel like generally superheros have silly names so not really a problem for me.

9. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I'm not sure how but spiderman does sound cooler, Batman too lol.
    But I'm sure once this movie gets made and proves how cool it is the name won't be an issue.

#984 Gamma Goliath, Mar 20, 2013
  10. titansupes Registered

Cool footage. Easier said than done making this character look cool, but they pulled it off.

11. titansupes Registered

At least Bats and Spiders sound cool/scary/tough. Ants? Not so much. :cwink:

#986 titansupes, Mar 20, 2013
  12. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Awesome. :)
    Might have to change my avvie for awhile.

13. Whiskey Tango Registered

He's a nerdy scientist, not a dark brooding avenger of the night. His name is unimportant, aside form a basic descriptor of what his schtick is.

14. Whiskey Tango Registered

15. Mr. Dent Registered

Actually if you look closely the suit itself is pretty simply and sleek, it's just the belt and helmet that stand out (althout I personally think the helmet looks ****ing awesome and is way more like the comics than I expected).

16. Marvolo Registered

The concept of the character was laughable to me... until I saw that footage. The potential I can see in it now is potentially ****ing awesome!

17. Whiskey Tango Registered

It really does, I never expected the helmet to be that accurate.

We'll be hearing this a lot in the future, after production ramps up, I imagine.

18. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

I just got through seeing the Ant-man leaked footage and it was all kinds of awesome. Can't wait to see where the story takes us. With Edgar Wright behind it this movie should be great. Can't wait!

Surfer

19. Marvolo Registered

I wonder if Simon Pegg or Nick Frost will show up in this in some capacity?

20. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

He doesn't have to be dark and brooding to have a cool name. Superhero names are much more important to me than just schtick descriptors. I mean you've got Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Superman, The Flash. All very fitting, unique and cool sounding names. And then you've got Ant-Man, which sucks in every aspect IMO. His power is shrinking, doesn't have much to do with ants. Even if he just adopted an ant related name because ants are small, why choose ants? I can think of a lot better sounding names than Ant-Man that have to do with small size. This is just my opinion though and it's not gong to change, so you don't really have to try to convince me otherwise.

It's not that ants can't be scary, it's that they'll never appear that way on the surface. Spiders and Bats instantly give you a sense of 'fear" while when you see an ant you generally get annoyed.

#995 JB-the-Hunter, Mar 20, 2013
  21. Whiskey Tango Registered

Except his other power absolutely has to do with ants, and in fact insects of all sorts, via communicating and controlling them with his helmet.

He's not all about the shrinking.

22. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

After watching it a few more times, one thing I noticed that I really enjoyed was the way they used the camera to make the hallway appear normal sized when he is full sized, but when he shrinks the camera starts distorting the length and perspective of the hallway behind him until it ends up feeling infinitely longer. It is a really cool background effect.

Surfer

#997 Surfer, Mar 20, 2013
  23. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I already knew he could control insects, but considering that's really more of a secondary ability it doesn't really matter. It'd be like if Hulk was called the Incredible Leaper because he can leap high. It's a cool ability, but when you see Hulk you think about his strength. When I think of Ant-Man I think about Pym particles and shrinking and growing and such. And even if they wanted to focus on his ability to control insects how about a name that has to do with them as a whole instead of just stupid, annoying ants? I love Hank Pym, but I'll never get used to the name Ant-Man.

I noticed that as well.

24. Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

AH! I can't find it! Edit: got it.
    This has convinced me more that we're going to get Lang's story with Pym's name. I think it will be a mix of the two characters. I think we'll get Jan at some stage- whether that is in the sequel or not I'm unsure of.

#999 Hawkingbird, Mar 20, 2013
  25. Mr. Dent Registered

Put this after youtube.com/

watch?v=xLuPihHkPt0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.