Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like any part of it. Needs to be cleaned up and less busy.

why? he's not selling them at Hot Topic. the suit was designed for a purpose. both Captain America and Spider-man had "busy" designs, the first time out.

So the leaked footage finally found its way to Youtube? Cheers. :)

Dunno how long it'll stay up....hope everybody downloads the bad place out of that **** to preserve its awesome memory for years to come.

The scene looked great. I really hope the fact that the video isn't down (yet) is a good indication that the HD official version is coming soon. Probably for the Phase I Boxed Set, if that April 2 release date is accurate.

Wish we could find out who the three actors in this scene are, though. Even though they're undoubtedly stand-ins and not part of the official Ant-Man cast, I'd like to know if they've got any scoops on the short time they worked on this.

awesome!!! so so cool!!

I was really hyped with the movie announcement, and was so confident that the movie would be really cool, funny, fresh and badass at the same time, and this has just proved it.

Cant wait already!

It actually looks pretty badass. The helmet looks like a Borderlands Psycho mask.

The effects and stuff aren't finished, as this is just test footage, so the size shifting will look smoother in the final product as well.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with Ant-Man is his name, it will never not sound lame to me.

The only problem I have with Ant-Man is his name, it will never not sound lame to me.

Spider-Man sounds cooler? lol

I feel like generally superheros have silly names so not really a problem for me.

I'm not sure how but spiderman does sound cooler, Batman too lol.
But I'm sure once this movie gets made and proves how cool it is the name won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Cool footage. Easier said than done making this character look cool, but they pulled it off.

I'm not sure how but spiderman does sound cooler, Batman too lol.
But I'm sure onvery this movie gets made and proves how cool it is the name won't be an issue.

At least Bats and Spiders sound cool/scary/tough. Ants? Not so much. :cwink:

Last edited:

He's a nerdy scientist, not a dark brooding avenger of the night. His name is unimportant, aside form a basic descriptor of what his schtick is.

I didn't like any part of it. Needs to be cleaned up and less busy.
Actually if you look closely the suit itself is pretty simply and sleek, it's just the belt and helmet that stand out (althout I personally think the helmet looks ****ing awesome and is way more like the comics than I expected).

The concept of the character was laughable to me... until I saw that footage. The potential I can see in it now is potentially ****ing awesome!

Actually if you look closely the suit itself is pretty simply and sleek, it's just the belt and helmet that stand out (althout I personally think the helmet looks ****ing awesome and is way more like the comics than I expected).

It really does, I never expected the helmet to be that accurate.

The concept of the character was laughable to me... until I saw that footage. The potential I can see in it now is potentially ****ing awesome!

We'll be hearing this a lot in the future, after production ramps up, I imagine.

I just got through seeing the Ant-man leaked footage and it was all kinds of awesome. Can't wait to see where the story takes us. With Edgar Wright behind it this movie should be great. Can't wait!

Surfer

I wonder if Simon Pegg or Nick Frost will show up in this in some capacity?

He's a nerdy scientist, not a dark brooding avenger of the night. His name is unimportant, aside form a basic descriptor of what his schtick is.
He doesn't have to be dark and brooding to have a cool name. Superhero names are much more important to me than just schtick descriptors. I mean you've got Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Superman, The Flash. All very fitting, unique and cool sounding names. And then you've got Ant-Man, which sucks in every aspect IMO. His power is shrinking, doesn't have much to do with ants. Even if he just adopted an ant related name because ants are small, why choose ants? I can think of a lot better sounding names than Ant-Man that have to do with small size. This is just my opinion though and it's not gong to change, so you don't really have to try to convince me otherwise.

It's not that ants can't be scary, it's that they'll never appear that way on the surface. Spiders and Bats instantly give you a sense of 'fear" while when you see an ant you generally get annoyed.

Last edited:
His power is shrinking, doesn't have much to do with ants. Even if he just adopted an ant related name because ants are small, why choose ants? I can think of a lot better sounding names than Ant-Man that have to do with small size. This is just my opinion though and it's not gong to change, so you don't really have to try to convince me otherwise.

Except his other power absolutely has to do with ants, and in fact insects of all sorts, via communicating and controlling them with his helmet.

He's not all about the shrinking.

After watching it a few more times, one thing I noticed that I really enjoyed was the way they used the camera to make the hallway appear normal sized when he is full sized, but when he shrinks the camera starts distorting the length and perspective of the hallway behind him until it ends up feeling infinitely longer. It is a really cool background effect.

Surfer

Last edited:
Except his other power absolutely has to do with ants, and in fact insects of all sorts, via communicating and controlling them with his helmet.

He's not all about the shrinking.
I already knew he could control insects, but considering that's really more of a secondary ability it doesn't really matter. It'd be like if Hulk was called the Incredible Leaper because he can leap high. It's a cool ability, but when you see Hulk you think about his strength. When I think of Ant-Man I think about Pym particles and shrinking and growing and such. And even if they wanted to focus on his ability to control insects how about a name that has to do with them as a whole instead of just stupid, annoying ants? I love Hank Pym, but I'll never get used to the name Ant-Man.

After watching it a few more times, one thing I noticed that I really enjoyed was the way they used the camera to make the hallway appear normal sized when he is full sized, but when he shrinks the camera starts distorting the length and perspective of the hallway behind him until it ends up feeling infinitely longer. It is a really cool background effect.

Surfer

Surfer

I noticed that as well.

AH! I can't find it! Edit: got it.
This has convinced me more that we're going to get Lang's story with Pym's name. I think it will be a mix of the two characters. I think we'll get Jan at some stage- whether that is in the sequel or not I'm unsure of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"