Eidul Adha to all Muslims

To add to what raybia has mentioned, Muslims with the necessary financial means are also encouraged to slaughter a livestock (usually cattle, goat or camel) and the meat shall then be distributed amongst the needy such as the hardcore poor and orphans. This is also in honour of Abraham's sacrifice on Ismael when at the very last moment God substituted Ismael with a sheep.

I actually paid for the sacrifice of a goat for the people working in Marrakesh. It is considerred by them as a great gift. And given the living standards of some of the children in some ways it is.

I actually paid for the sacrifice of a goat for the people working in Marrakesh. It is considerred by them as a great gift. And given the living standards of some of the children in some ways it is.

That is fascinating. How does one go about donating that?

That is fascinating. How does one go about donating that?

Where I come from, the slaughtering is conducted and managed by the management committee of the local mosques. Those who wish to contribute may contact the committee and pay to them the cost of the animal to be slaughtered. The committee would then go purchase the animal and have it slaughtered on the day of Eidul Adha, witnessed by the contributor. The carcass would then immediately be prepared and distributed to the necessary deserving people and groups, all managed by the said committee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"