Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by THWIP*, May 18, 2005.

1. WhatsHisFace Registered

2. Zenien Guest

They seriously need to cut down on the bloom an saturation, hopefully it's just the shots.

3. WhatsHisFace Registered

Here we go again with the damn colors.

You know what Zenien, just don't buy the damn game. :up:

4. Zenien Guest

It's not my fault you're color blind, unlike thee I'm not such a graphics ****e that I won't buy an potentially great game just because there's too much bloom.

5. WhatsHisFace Registered

No Zenien, the grass is one shade too bright. Burn it in hell and get the sandy Heavenly Sword instead.

6. THWIP* Registered

IT'S CALLED AN ARTISTIC PREFERENCE; NOT EVERY GAME HAS TO LOOK AS BLAND AS 'SILENT HILL' AND 'KILLZONE'. :o

7. Zenien Guest

There's just so much bloom in that forest shot that it almost hurts my eyes, why is that so hard to understand? :(

8. WhatsHisFace Registered

Have you ever been outside on a sunny day, Zenien? Well, you live in Canada where the sun's only out for two hours a day, and it looks like an American sunset at it's highest point, so maybe your frame of reference is handicapped.

But in America, when the sun is up, plants shimmer, there's a hazy look in the distance much like bloom, and the sun puts so much light on everything it can look even brighter.

9. THWIP* Registered

THERE'S ONLY ONE EXPLANATION.........'ZENIEN' IS ACTUALLY A TROLL, AND SHE LIVES IN A CAVE. :o

10. Zenien Guest

Only a fanboy like you would even try to argue that this shot is a realistic depiction of real life. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I never said the game isn't going to look good, in fact it does look very good, but you hyper defensive stance on anything that is percieved as a critisism against Oblivion is funny when you have people on the main oblivion message baords saying the same thing as me. :rolleyes:

11. THWIP* Registered

THAT MUST'VE BEEN DIRECTED AT 'WHF'. I'VE SEEN ABOUT 6 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM A RECENT 'OXM' DEMO DISC......ON MY 55" LCD T.V. ;)

12. Zenien Guest

I mean my computer monitor, I need to get a regular one again because this thing sucks and makes everything bright n stuff. How does it look in motion, I've only seen screenshots. I'm betting it looks pretty yes?

13. THWIP* Registered

LET'S JUST SAY IT WILL BE ONE OF THE MOST IMPRESSIVE LAUNCH TITLES FOR THE '360'. THEY AREN'T GOING FOR ULTRA-REALISM, JUST AS THEY HAVEN'T ON ANYTHING ELSE THEY'VE EVER DONE. THE SCALE, DETAIL, GAMEPLAY.....IT'S ALL AMAZING, EVEN IF IT'S GOT THE LOOK OF AN OIL PAINTING. ;) I THINK IT LOOKS ALOT LIKE 'FABLE'.....ONLY MUCH BETTER; THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE A GOOD THING TO YOU.

14. Zenien Guest

Well I'll probably have to see it in motion for myself. I don't doubt anything you're saying, but the oil painting look might be distracting to me.

Aren't they making the world smaller this time around?

15. THWIP* Registered

THE WORLD WILL BE ONLY SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN 'TES3:MORROWIND'......WHICH IS STILL PRETTY FREAKIN' HUGE. IF YOU DIDN'T "FINISH" 'MORROWIND', YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE JUST HOW BIG THE GAME WAS. THIS TIME AROUND, THEY'RE GIVING YOU MORE TO DO, THAT ACTUALLY AFFECTS THE STORY AND CHARACTERS, SO THERE'S NOT THE NEED FOR 500 DUNGEONS TO PLUNDER, WITH NO PARTICULAR PURPOSE. OVERALL, I THINK THIS GAME WILL BE MORE LIKE WHAT PETER MOLYNEUX WANTED TO DO WITH 'FABLE', BUT COULDN'T. THE COMBAT LOOKS VERY "ORGANIC"; EVERY MOVEMENT HAS AN EFFECT, ON YOU OR YOUR OPPONENT. IF YOU SWING AND MISS, YOU'LL HAVE TO RECOVER QUICKLY TO AVOID GETTING HIT; THE BLOCKING IS ACTIVE, SO YOU CAN EVEN KNOCK YOUR OPPONENT BACK WITH YOUR SHIELD, AND SET THEM UP FOR A KILL-HIT. :up:

16. Smiling Jack Registered

The "real world" isnt made of glass guys, you're all insane. That bloom needs to be turned way, way down.

17. THWIP* Registered

I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE WHO'S "INSANE"; NOBODY EVER SAID IT LOOKED LIKE THE "REAL WORLD". :confused: :o

DAMN, 'DRT'.....THE NAMES ARE GETTING PRETTY LAME. :down

18. Smiling Jack Registered

[​IMG]
    What a sexy guy I am.

I heard it's possible to say "real world" without actually using the words. Awesome.

19. THWIP* Registered

UM....NO.

YOU HEARD WRONG. :up:

20. Smiling Jack Registered

Damn. I should have known "outside on a sunny day" was referring to going outside on a sunny day in another video game or on a cartoon. Stupid english language :(

21. THWIP* Registered

FIRST OF ALL, YOU SAID "GUYS", WHEN YOU SHOULD'VE SAID "WHATHISFACE". SECOND, HE WAS REFERRING TO THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE LIGHT ON A SUNNY DAY. HE DIDN'T SAY "ZENIEN, THIS IS REAL-WORLD LIGHTING. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
    STUPID NON-ENGLISH READING TENNESSEEAN.

22. Smiling Jack Registered

Tennessean, illiterate Kentuckian. And I didnt read many (no) posts after that, since you were in the thread, I just assumed you went along with it. An assumption that would have been right 99% of the time, where as the assumption that "nobody said anything about it looking like the real world" was completely wrong. And where do you think that sunny day is taking place thwip? Halo? The latest anime? He was clearly referring to "the real world", and this argument over semantics is just foolish. His meaning was crystal clear to anyone not harboring the misconception that every anticipated game on their console of choice cant possibly have any flaws, visually or conceptually. So long as we're *****ing about the meanings of words, "you guys" might as well be referring to whatshisface and zenien (yes, I know, a girl, you "guys" isnt literal in this sense) since she decided to back down and tell us all how her monitor makes everything appear brighter than usual.

23. THWIP* Registered

OH YEAH.....I FORGOT THEY DECIDED DROPPING THE ONE "E" MADE IT LOOK BETTER. :rolleyes:

24. Smiling Jack Registered

They decided it would help weed out those who would attack the literacy skills of others while not keeping their own up to par, yes.

25. WhatsHisFace Registered

It's just that the actual direct shot looks like this.

[​IMG]