Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we could change the builds of the characters as I'd prefer a bulkier version of the Khajit. I want more tiger/lion man than cat man. I don't really use them as sneak type characters, they're just there to look cool.

Can the face changer in Riften do that? Or do you want a build that's not in the game?

Can the face changer in Riften do that? Or do you want a build that's not in the game?
I don't know actually. I didn't change anything as I'm very happy with the look of my character's face. Can it change the character's build?

I thought you could change everything except your race and gender.

I don't know how it works, I've never tried it. I'm usually pretty content with my characters, but I think The Squirrel is probably correct. It should work the same as the character creation at the start of the game, as far as I know (bar race and gender, as Squirrel said).

that's too bad you can't respec your perks and skill points. I guess I have to be extra careful when leveling up.......lol

fortunately I'm only at Level 5 or 6...........

I'm trying to build a melee-oriented paladin type character with some magic thrown in the mix.

I like sword and board. So, I'm going to invest points in One-arm and Block. Heavy armor too.

For magic, I'd like to include some Destruction ( for the Fire and Ice spells, but mainly Fire ), Alteration ( for the magic armor buffs ), and Creation ( for the healing ). plus anything "holy" related against the undead. Am I spreading myself too thin there? .

I guess I'd also need to invest in Blacksmithing and Enchanting...........

does that sound about right??

oh, and I've been reading about Hammerfell on the Elder Scroll Wiki. it seems Hammerfell ( and the Redguards ) have a history of warring with the Dominion and actually drove them out.

if that's the case.......wouldn't that make Saadia's story more suspect. If Hammerfell and Redguards are fairly anti-Dominion, why would Saadia be in trouble for speaking out against the Dominion? And, why would she need to flee to Skyrim??

It would seem she'd be able to find a sympathetic ear elsewhere in Hammerfell since they are fighting with the Dominion..............

and......why would the Dominion hire the Alik'r warriors to track her down and not send one of their own?

so........now I'm starting to question my decision to help Saadia........maybe I will turn her in instead.......lol

Last edited:
that's too bad you can't respec your perks and skill points. I guess I have to be extra careful when leveling up.......lol

Keep in mind you don't have to select a perk when you level up. You can hold off until the right one(s) become available. I've leveled up numerous times without picking perks, and had 3-4 sitting there waiting to be chosen.

I'm very confused by this Saadia business...maybe there is no right and wrong in that situation?

I thought you could change everything except your race and gender.

I don't know how it works, I've never tried it. I'm usually pretty content with my characters, but I think The Squirrel is probably correct. It should work the same as the character creation at the start of the game, as far as I know (bar race and gender, as Squirrel said).
I remember trying to change height & build during the original character creation as well as my Khajit was a bit too slim. Couldn't find it then but maybe it's available somewhere. Hope so anyway & if not definitely for ES VI. Sure it can be done easily on PC though.

I'm pretty sure you can't change your character's height, but the build is definitely on the Generator at the beginning.

All characters seem to be stuck at 6ft or so. It's a shame, it'd be a lot of fun to adjust the height settings. And 8ft Orc berserker or a small wood elf thief would be pretty neat.

I'm pretty sure you can't change your character's height, but the build is definitely on the Generator at the beginning.
Great, that's amazing. Wish I'd known. Gonna check out tonight if the Riften guy can help me out. Actually the one thing that might have happened is that I maxed out the build and it wasn't enough. Too long ago to remember lol. Anyway will soon know.

All characters seem to be stuck at 6ft or so. It's a shame, it'd be a lot of fun to adjust the height settings. And 8ft Orc berserker or a small wood elf thief would be pretty neat.
Or even better a 2ft Orc berserker!

I'm trying to build a melee-oriented paladin type character with some magic thrown in the mix.

I like sword and board. So, I'm going to invest points in One-arm and Block. Heavy armor too.

For magic, I'd like to include some Destruction ( for the Fire and Ice spells, but mainly Fire ), Alteration ( for the magic armor buffs ), and Creation ( for the healing ). plus anything "holy" related against the undead. Am I spreading myself too thin there? .

I guess I'd also need to invest in Blacksmithing and Enchanting...........

does that sound about right??

I did a similar build with my barbarian Nord shaman/warrior build and, by careful planning, I did not spread myself thin. The trick is not to go 100% out in something but just get the best perks of several categories and you'll be fine.

My build for example:

• light armor (just invested in the % increases at the beginning of the tree and then the no weight perk)
  • one-handed (only the damage % multipliers and no other perks)
  • archery (only the damage % multipliers at the beginning),
  • sneak (at least until I got the damage multipliers),
  • conjuration (only invested in the skill level perks that decrease magic costs),
  • restoration (invested in the skill level perks that decrease magic costs and the perk that doubles healing effect....add necromage if you later decide to be a vampire lord),
  • and destruction (invested in the skill level perks that decrease magic costs and buff damage from the fire tree),
  • enchantment (effectiveness multipliers at the bottom of the tree plus the middle of the tree to improve skill level enhancements...the goal was to create a suit of light armor that buffs primarily magic regeneration, also created various rings and necklaces for health, magica, waterbreathing, ect.... jewelry is light weight and easy to change from favorites menu as the situation warrants)
  • smithing (light armor side of the tree all the way to dragon armor)
I am level 60 now and basically invincible in this game at this point. I had just the right amount of challenge getting here though. I basically entered combat from a sneaking position, used archery to pick off enemies, when discovered I conjured a daedra lord or elemental to draw fire, then I charged in with my axe and with fireballs to spill some blood.

So... i was hanging around at Angeline aromatics when i caught a funny conversation between Vivienne Onis and her aunt..

Angeline: (said someting about a Mandrake root)

Vivienne : what does it looks like?

Angeline: The root that looks like an ugly old man!

Vivienne: well, in that case i'm pretty sure it tried to buy me a drink last night...

LOL!

It's cool how you keep discovering new things no matter how long you've played the game...

Having recently finished the Dark Brotherhood story, I have to say Babette was one of the most memorable characters in the entire game and she barely even did anything.

Having recently finished the Dark Brotherhood story, I have to say Babette was one of the most memorable characters in the entire game and she barely even did anything.

I thought it was interesting that if you do the quest to wipe out the Brotherhood, she isn't there when you arrive at the sanctuary.

Yeah, I just assumed she was out doing something else. Apparently you can encounter later in a random place.

I've been playing this on and off since the release date and still haven't gone to see the Greybeards yet.

Is that bad?

So... i was hanging around at Angeline aromatics when i caught a funny conversation between Vivienne Onis and her aunt..

Angeline: (said someting about a Mandrake root)

Vivienne : what does it looks like?

Angeline: The root that looks like an ugly old man!

Vivienne: well, in that case i'm pretty sure it tried to buy me a drink last night...

LOL!

It's cool how you keep discovering new things no matter how long you've played the game...

I've either not come across o rjust can't remember these characters :csad:

It's a big world out there!

I've been playing this on and off since the release date and still haven't gone to see the Greybeards yet.

Is that bad?
Haha, very early in the main quest. But there's no "bad". You could have a fantastic Skyrim experience without ever touching the main quest.

^^Hehe..Vivienne Onis and her aunt runs the Angeline's aromatics potion shop in Solitude.I've always liked Vivienne...she's kind of a *****. When you first entered Solitude, when the crowd gathers for Rogvig execution, there's this little girl crying to her dad about her uncle that's about to be executed. Vivienne walks to them and said: 'best you tell her that her uncle is scum who murdered his high king! best she knows now...'

Like i said, my kinda woman!

Babette is the vampire/ poison expert little girl from the dark brotherhood.

Haha, great. Now that you say it, it does sound kind of familiar. Even i did see them though, it would probably have been 250 gameplay hours ago so not surprised if I'm a bit foggy on it. :woot:

any news on if Bethesda is going to update the character customization at all in Dragonborn?... their basics are getting kinda old...

oh, like what??

Do tell...I have so much virtual blood on my hands because of her! :007

One example is that she claims to have been unaware that the hunters were in town, but at the same time knew the details of one of their arrests. That one jumped out at at me. There are a couple others but it slips my mind.

ok, I think I'm going to side with that Redguard woman in Whiterun. I've already promised to help her, and my character keeps her word and wouldn't betray someone.

besides, I have no more reason to believe those mercs over the woman, and since my character is female, too..........I guess I'll side with the woman.........lol

I just did that quest last night and I used the FAQS to find her because I wasn't going to go stalking all over Whiterun. It was also the first quest I did that didn't have a marker showing where I needed to go which I thought was a bit confusing.

One example is that she claims to have been unaware that the hunters were in town, but at the same time knew the details of one of their arrests. That one jumped out at at me. There are a couple others but it slips my mind.

It's possible that she's just heard that one of her countrymen has been arrested for some reason...she may have known that they are mercs type, but only put two and two together after you approached her.

She says the Alik'r are assassins hired by the Aldmeri Dominion. However, Hammerfell held out the longest against the Thalmor, so it's likely Redguards hate them just as much as the Nords. Why would Alik'r be working for them? Why wouldn't the Thalmor just send their own? Besides, they only capture her, they don't kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"