Electro Vs Venom

boywonder13 said:
I think Raimi has wanted to use Electro since Spider-man 1. and now it is his chance!

Actually, he waned to use both GG and Doc Ock but had to use only 1 b/c it would had taken a long time to film or something

Silver Sable said:
Actually, he waned to use both GG and Doc Ock but had to use only 1 b/c it would had taken a long time to film or something

Yeah, I am pretty sure that it was Raimi's decision to have the GG be the first and only villain in SM1. He wanted to have a villain like Norman because of his connection (surrogate fatherly) to Peter.

Silver Sable said:

No it was b/c he didnt wanna cram too much into SM1. Same with SM2 when originally they were gonna have both Ock and Lizard and/or Black Cat. He specifically pointed out that he wanted to do justice to Peter and MJ and Harry and having too many villians would undermine that. This is why I find these Venom rumors odd since it wouldnt be like Raimi to try and cram such a background-heavy villian along with Sandman and Harry's story.

The only reason he would if is the franchise is going to end, and/or he is leaving. See look at our villain if Venom is in it.
Venom - Fan's Pick
Green Goblin 2 - Storyline
Sandman - His Favorite

It really makes sense, but he will screw it up in my opinion

As a long time visitor and first time poster, I may be rushing in where angels fear to tread...but I felt compelled to clear my throat and "ahem" speak up for once. Bare with me as I have a couple of points. I have seen many posts across many threads comparing this franchise and others to the likes of Bond or Star Wars and Star Trek...all of which have enjoyed many, many sequels. Comparing box office in today's dollars this franchise would seem to have the legs for the additional sequels that are rumored. Now, as someone "in the entertainment industry," (and despite the many rebukes of the suggestion) I am still not convinced that there isn't a fourth in the works right now. Perhaps not a complete film...but at the very least significant portions...maybe in the same fashion that Donner put segments of Superman II in the can while working on the first film. For one thing...even if Raimi is making a massive epic, the time frame is big enough for creation of two - maybe two and half movies - the lead time on the flick is huge. That says something. Secondly, whether or not Raimi is putting two or one and a half movies in the can...money - BIG money - comes into play. There are many suits that pull many strings...but all are pulling toward the bottom line. Big villain equals big bucks to them. Also in the dollar column...the more of these flicks that are made and the more revenue they create...the more the stars salaries become inflated (and the director's as well). Venom's screen debut may come about as a means to several ends...characters (big salaried actors) departing and others (portrayed by lesser known i.e. 'cheaper' actors) appearing. With some 'creative' Hollywood writing...borrowing from one storyline while creating a totally new one (a patchwork almost unrecognizable to comic fans) it is possible to 're-invent' the franchise in order to generate additional revenue from future features that star an almost entirely new cast. Verbose...but I've been thinking about all this for some time. Okay...so that's my seven hundred and two cents.

Spencer9 said:
The only reason he would if is the franchise is going to end, and/or he is leaving. See look at our villain if Venom is in it.
Venom - Fan's Pick
Green Goblin 2 - Storyline
Sandman - His Favorite

It really makes sense, but he will screw it up in my opinion

You're talking about Raimi right? Well if he's just putting Venom in b/c fans like him then why doesnt he just let some other director (one who actually likes the character) come in on SM4 and do it.

tonytr1687 said:
You're talking about Raimi right? Well if he's just putting Venom in b/c fans like him then why doesnt he just let some other director (one who actually likes the character) come in on SM4 and do it.

I was just saying I think that may be why if we get those 3. I mean if you think about it it makes sense. And he isn't just going to say hey here take my job to someone. He will be done after this I am sure.

electro.. plain and simple.. topher would be the perfect electro

It's funny how this poll reveals Electro to be the most popular choice for Grace, and yet look at how many Electro threads there are in comparison to Venom/Brock ones.

What do you mean "What Electro threads?" :)

None

I want to see Hary take up the mantle of his father, but it seems Rami is going to wimp out.

Hmmm... so we will have 3 villains.

Sandman, Green Goblin II and Venom.

GGII will be the main villain as I think.
Venom will have big part too.
I don't think Sandman will have a lot of scenes, Raimi will use him as just villain for fighting.

Cinemaman said:
I don't think Sandman will have a lot of scenes, Raimi will use him as just villain for fighting.

They wouldn't bring in an Academy Award Nominee if that were the case.

Shadow_Knight said:
I guess I would say Venom.
Well I guess that we don't have much choice now. Venom too! I think he's a bigger threat to Spidey then Electro. Both physically and mentally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"