Daredevil Elektra/Matt or Karen/Matt?

Silver Surfer

Power Cosmic
Reaction score
I personally love the chemistry between Matt/Elektra, I feel that their characters are made for each other, and have a unique feel to them.

Karen/Matt to me seemed very forcedm and without any sense of real purpose.

I'm sorry, I can't vote. You forgot Elektra/Karen.

I don't care one way or the other. But ever notice people seem to prefer it when two heroes or a hero and a villain date(as long as their interesting) rather than when a hero and an ordinary person date?

For example people love Thor and Sif more than Thor and Jane. Because Sif is a warrior like Thor.
Just as people like Matt and Elektra because Elektra is a fighter like Matt.

Only exception I can think of is ones like Hulk and Betty but eventually Betty became Red She Hulk so that point is moot.

Elektra and Matt had quite the chemistry together. As for Karen, she had more chemistry with both Frank and Foggy than she ever did with Matt. There was a glimpse of something this season but it wasn't much compared to Elektra and him.

I don't care one way or the other. But ever notice people seem to prefer it when two heroes or a hero and a villain date(as long as their interesting) rather than when a hero and an ordinary person date?

For example people love Thor and Sif more than Thor and Jane. Because Sif is a warrior like Thor.
Just as people like Matt and Elektra because Elektra is a fighter like Matt.

Only exception I can think of is ones like Hulk and Betty but eventually Betty became Red She Hulk so that point is moot.

It used to be big for the hero to have a damsel in distress girlfriend. Back in the day you had love interests that were "regular", but they had a tendency to get abducted by the Purple Man, the Sinister Six, etc. It's nice to see the modern comic industry tone doen that trope a bit, but there are definitely other ways to do it than making, say, Superman and Wonder Woman a thing.

I do like Marlene Alraune (Moon Knight) as a subversion of the typical damsel trope. She usually wanted in on the action and sometimes fought the bad guys.

Matt and Elektra. I'm not big into Matt/Karen because I've been shipping Karen and Foggy since last season. :o

Both have their quality, but i prefer Elektra. Shes just a far more fun character and i really enjoy seeing them bounce off each other.

Matt and Elektra. I'm not big into Matt/Karen because I've been shipping Karen and Foggy since last season. :o

The problem with that is she has never shown any sort of attraction to Foggy in the past 2 seasons, they are going to have to spend some time building it up if they want to go there.

Most people prefer superman and lois over him and wonder woman, plus Spider-Man with a regular woman. But, when it comes to more brooding characters like daredevil and batman/catwoman it feels more natural for them to be with a woman more on the dangerous side filling their need for walking the wild side tempting, testing, keeping them on their toes always.
But for this show either one would be fine. Leaning towards elektra though.

Karen/Matt, that scene of them walking in the rain and their little pause raindrop moment was nice.

Elektra, I'm quite meh with the actress portraying her. She lacks gravitas as Elektra.

Ofcourse we want Elektra/Matt. They go on a date and fight ninjas. Matt and Karren go on a date and she describes how pretty light bulbs are. I know which one i find more exciting.

Between the two, I felt Elektra and Matt had better chemistry together, and I bought into them being into each other they way they were. I like Karen/Matt, and thought their scenes were really good, but it just got overshadowed. I would have been okay with either pairing, but I was more invested Matt and Elektra's story overall.

Matt and Elektra are made for each other.

In the minority here but my vote went to Matt/Karen. I actually grew to like Karens character alot in this season.

Regardless, I like how they didn't create an unnecessary love triangle between Foggy/Karen/Matt, they did enough to show Foggy's disapointment and disapproval with the hospital scene and at Josie's when he talks to Marci, but he moves on, which is nice

For the sake of plot, Karen. Electra is a much better character but they are foils for each other. I think they serve better fighting off the sexual tension. Matt has that little light in him, Electra does not.

That being said, I think Karen sticks out like a sore thumb, as far and a way the worst main character on the show. I personally think she's the only one who feels shoe horned in. But as a love interest to Matt, she's been worked into the plot so it'll do.

I agree the push-and-pull and the tension needs to continue for Elektra and Matt
but Karen and Matt have zero chemistry, imo
so he probably shouldn't really "end up" with either

I agree. It was him trying to have a normal life, or trying to deny who he is, like Electra emphasized. But I still find her a little bit pointless. Kind of like that cop in Jessica Jones.

Matt and Elektra.

I only watched the first season of Daredevil in December/January, in fact I had never seen anything Marvel related until October when I decided to just do the whole lot in my free time at uni. I shipped Matt with Claire last season, and when that ship sailed and you could see that Karen liked Matt I was like 'nah', cause honestly I just didn't feel like there was any chemistry or anthing.

So I watched season 2 in a week, the first few episodes with Matt and Karen I thought was okay but it was waaay too cliche and cheesy. And then Elektra comes in and BOOM, I have a new OTP. Like at first I thought she was just bat**** crazy but then when they explored her backstory and her and Matt's relationship in college, and then the last episode... wow. It really broke my heart cause in the end she made her choice and then they didn't get to see where it could go.

I really hope that the writers don't try and shove Matt and Karen onto us again in Season 3, that would be so insulting to Elektra's memory and her character.

Karen is starting to annoy me. I'm kinda hoping Fisk gets word of what she did to Wesley and, well, you know..... :D

The only correct answer is college Matt and Foggy. No joke the way those avocados at law flashbacks were filmed and acted really seemed like they might kiss or something.

Marcie and Foggy Bear.
Frank and Karen.
Matt and Elektra. They managed to keep the "let's run away together if we get thru this" cliche from being cliche.

Of course we want Elektra/Matt. They go on a date and fight ninjas. Matt and Karren go on a date and she describes how pretty light bulbs are. I know which one i find more exciting.
:funny: So true.

Didn't feel chemistry with Matt and Karen. Felt slightly forced.

Hoping Karen turns to drugs next season. Also banking on [BLACKOUT]Bullseye killing her.[/BLACKOUT]

Sheez... Why am i so heartless toward this fictional character. I need counseling.

Matt and Karen. Matt and Elektra is an ultimately self-destructive relationship. She's the woman for Daredevil to be with, but he would ultimately lose his Matt Murdock half and the moral center with it (he would abandon his father's wishes entirely about him being a lawyer rather than a fighter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"